Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dizzy1

Garden grow.

29 posts in this topic

Just uploaded a few pics to my gallery. They're not particularly good quality. Shite phone camera, so apologies.

I have just the one plant and considering I probably did everything wrong from the beginning, I'm surprised it's grown at all.

Started from seed indoors and potted up outdoors in back garden late April.

I've not got a clue as to what strain I'm growing except that it looks like a sativa dominant strain to me?

I'm about to re-pot for the last time. What size pot will I need? Recommendations on compost/soil mix and will I need to add feed at any stage? I'm also wondering how long it will take to flower fully as I'm near the East coast and it can get get quite nippy early on.

I've noticed the nights are really drawing in already now. Any help and advice greatly appreciated!

@@Dizzy1 Areet love? what size pot she in at the moment? ;)

1 person likes this

What size pot is it in now?You can use any size really but the norm is bigger pot bigger plant but I've seen really tall plants in small pots but not very bushy just thin and tall but I like to use between 50 -70 if that helps but like I said they will be ok in smaller if you want more stealth.I used to grow in smallish pots and dig a hole and drop pot in so they didn't take over the garden it kept them to about 2-3ft tall instead of 6-8 ft good luck.

1 person likes this

It's in a pot a foot in height and 31cm diameter, bought from poundland cos I'm a cheap skate! :D

The plant itself is around 3ft high and producing new growth every day.

lol unsure of sex yet I'm afraid, my advice would be to pot up to a 20 ltr pot, this time of year I would go with tomato planter compost with added potash, coop do a good cheap 35ltr for a few quid :yep: if your using nutes I would give a last veg feed to water in, if using feed, pot up then scratch some bonemeal into top soil and water in ;) being on the east you may want to pop to the coast for some seaweed and pop some in the bottom of your pot, a good 1-2 inch layer will give your plants extra vigour :yes: that's the basics anyway :)
1 person likes this

@@SlimPikins

Thanks for the useful advice. Bigger pot it is then. Just need to figure out how to get the compost home. No transport apart from a vintage shopper bicycle, the sea weed is doable. A nice ride out a couple of miles down the road and back, but don't fancy my chances carting back a heavy bag of compost and a large pot... being as I'm a light weight and petite!

Looks like I may have to ask a good neighbour for some help with a lift into town and back.

Good luck with ur plant but i thought geurilla growing was growing outdoors somewhere other than ur garden. I weigh 9 stone wet through and i can carry 60ltrs fairly easy on my pushbike. Just put it inside a bin liner and lay it along ur crossbar and handle bars . A lift would be easier but if ur stuck it can be done

@@hashmaster3000

I didn't know where to put the original post. I know it's not a GG, if mods want to move the post somewhere more suitable that'd be cool.

I'm under 8 stone wet through and although I like to keep myself active when I'm able, I do suffer from a few health problems, might still give it a go on the old push bike bike, but it hasn't got a cross bar! :(

Sorry i didnt realise u where a girl. Its good to see more women doing this. The crossbar comment was when the penny dropped . Get somebody to drive u especially if u have health problems i dont want to be responsible for u having an accident. U can get smaller bags of compost from most garden centres or supermarkets. Theyre not as cost effective but will be alot easier. Best of luck whatever u decide

2 people like this

What seaside u from? U dnt have to tell me , from near skegness myself thats why i asked

Eta pm me if u want

Edited by hashmaster3000

Aha! It's OK. No need to apologise :D Before I became ill I was as fit and strong as anyone twice my size, frustrates the heck out of me that I have to go with whatever this stupid illness decides to chuck at me on any given day. I just have to be sensible.

Grateful for everyone's input. Thank you :)

3 people like this

lol unsure of sex yet I'm afraid, my advice would be to pot up to a 20 ltr pot, this time of year I would go with tomato planter compost with added potash, coop do a good cheap 35ltr for a few quid :yep: if your using nutes I would give a last veg feed to water in, if using feed, pot up then scratch some bonemeal into top soil and water in ;) being on the east you may want to pop to the coast for some seaweed and pop some in the bottom of your pot, a good 1-2 inch layer will give your plants extra vigour :yes: that's the basics anyway :)

Will the sea weed break down in time? If not could make drainage a pain.

I'll post more pics once 'she' (thinking positively!) is potted up and there is a bit more growth to see, hopefully.

Thanks again! :)

Atb

1 person likes this