Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sun Tzu

Large scale BHO extractions

22 posts in this topic

I've been testing out my new extractor at full bore. It's got 196g and is producing some nice clean product.

gallery_479_8161_67335.jpg

gallery_479_8161_13988.jpg

gallery_479_8161_23986.jpg

gallery_479_8161_230074.jpg

gallery_479_8161_230973.jpg

gallery_479_8161_43427.jpg

And after all that work chasing shit around because I still haven't sorted a vac chamber yet......

gallery_479_8161_63395.jpg

Time to :haveadab:

1 person likes this

Just found a source of ultra-pure n-butane. Not the shit for cookers, or the slightly cleaner shit for lighters, or the even cleaner than that stuff used for refrigeration, but the ultra pure stuff for calibrating lab equipment.... and doing BHO extractions of course... :yes:

I was reading the bit about butane on skunk pharm, and it mentioned R600 grade butane, used in refrigeration, as being purer than what most of us use. So I did a trawl for R600 refrigerant. I know a guy who's building a catamaran with a custom refrigeration system built into it which he's designed and built himself. He must have had to buy the refrigerant from somewhere. So I had a look and found Intergas (http://www.intergas.co.uk/nbutane.html is their info sheet on n-butane)

N-Butane (C4H10)

DESCRIPTION: At room temperature and atmospheric pressure, n-Butane (C4H10) is a colourless, flammable, relatively non-toxic gas with a characteristic natural gas odour.

TYPICAL APPLICATIONS: n-Butane in its purest form is used for the calibration of instruments, and also as an intermediate in the manufacture of aviation fuel.

They do 5kg cylinders with standard fittings, but I bet it's not cheap. I'll have to put on my posh voice and phone for a quote...

1 person likes this

im toying with one of those just for the butane recovery i heard closed loop makes quite crappy oil , that really needs a dewaxxing or winterizing stage to help clean it up . i think its because of how they keep passing the tane over the trim

1800 dollas is abit of a gamble to find it makes shit oil lol

Edited by Jiffa
1 person likes this

im toying with one of those just for the butane recovery i heard closed loop makes quite crappy oil , that really needs a dewaxxing or winterizing stage to help clean it up . i think its because of how they keep passing the tane over the trim

1800 dollas is abit of a gamble to find it makes shit oil lol

That is very true. It all looks a little.... breaking bad, too. Not sure I'd want to get busted with it. They might get the impression I'm taking it a bit seriously. lol

1 person likes this

I hadn't, very interesting! Cheers for the link. It does mention the extraction of cannabis oil specifically. Has anyone here tried a CO2 extract?

Funny, with the exception of the bit about CO2 being non-flammable, all the rest applies equally to butane, I've learnt through the course of a sleepless night: Non-toxic and approved for use in food products by the FDA. Who'd have thunk it?