Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jakk

Barbel Action

96 posts in this topic

hi all

went for a session on the kennet today with my mate,fished from 11am to 7 45pm.weather not to bad and river looking ok.

my mate had 2 brown trout fishing lobworms and i had 1 bite about 6 15pm and landed 1 barbel of 10lb 10oz fishing a cut down boilie wrapped in paste down the edge.

only other signs i had was a line bite on the cast before the fish.

ukbl lol

post-28619-1203806368_thumb.jpg

hi all

went for a session on the kennet today with my mate,fished from 11am to 7 45pm.weather not to bad and river looking ok.

my mate had 2 brown trout fishing lobworms and i had 1 bite about 6 15pm and landed 1 barbel of 10lb 10oz fishing a cut down boilie wrapped in paste down the edge.

only other signs i had was a line bite on the cast before the fish.

ukbl :spliff:

Good result matey, nice looking winter fish, well done :yahoo:

I am getting exited now as I am on the Kennet tomorrow, I am planning to fish a couple of small boilies or pellets on a hair, I have 3 different kinds of boilies and some halibut pellets soaking in some octopus and squid attractant glug at the moment so they should be nice and ripe by tomorrow, I also made some paste and flavoued that with the same stuff to wrap around my hook bait and lead.

Finally I got some of this flavoured with Garlic oil lol

We know where the fish are holed up as my mate has been out catching from the same swim over the last few weeks and the water temps are on the up so bring it on, I am determined to catch a bloody fish tomorrow.

I will probably be on here reporting my blank tomorrow evening :doh::rofl:

Edited by Jakk

Cracking fish budlover.

Blanked yesterday, but caught a few small chub on paste this morning. Still no barbs, need some rain for some colour I think. The quest continues..

At last I caught a fish, woohoo :yep:

Got to the river today and all was looking good with another rise in water temps over night, I hooked a nice fish around 3 pm but the hook pulled, I was gutted and nearly pissed off home.

I decided to stay and my mate had one around 6.30 just after dark 9lb 10oz, we photographed that and got it back in then I had one 9lb dead and while I was playing that my mate had another at around 6lb, nice :yahoo:

All three fish caught withing 10 minutes during a short sharp heavy rain shower, as soon as the rain stopped so did the bites :blushing:

I was fishing with a small feeder with Halibut groundbait and hemp with 2 Octopus and Squid boilies on the hair, my mate was fishing with a straight lead, no loose feed and big lumps of Garlic flavoured meat on the hair.

My fish was not massive but very welcome as its my first since November and I am very happy.

Unlucky on the Barbs Mr Warrior, at least you had a few chub today, keep at it mate, the fish are getting nice and fat now :yep:

post-15707-1203885662_thumb.jpg

well done jakk

bet you thought you had blown it when you lost 1.

had my fish on sat at about 6 15 so it looks as if they are having a munch as it is just getting dark.

hope to be on the river again this week as the weather looks ok and as we only have 3 weeks or so left to fish.

roll on summer.

keep at it shaman warrior im sure 1 will come along soon and will be a monster.ive only had a total of 5 bites from the last 4 trips and have had a few blanks this season as well.

tight lines

ukbl :yinyang:

Ha ha, at last I've broken my winter barbel duck.

Last night at 7pm I got the 3 foot twitch I've been waiting for, from a barbs of about 6lb. Not my biggest barbel by any means, but its probably the most rewarding. The latest in the season I've had a barbel from is November and I've been trying for years to get a 'winter' fish.

I also had a 5lb chub earlier in the day, :photo: waheey lol

Today I did a spot of perching and had 5 perch to 1lb 8oz, 2 bigger fish snagged me :naughty:

Tight lines

Last night at 7pm I got the 3 foot twitch I've been waiting for, from a barbs of about 6lb. Not my biggest barbel by any means, but its probably the most rewarding. The latest in the season I've had a barbel from is November and I've been trying for years to get a 'winter' fish.

I also had a 5lb chub earlier in the day, lol waheey :wink:

Today I did a spot of perching and had 5 perch to 1lb 8oz, 2 bigger fish snagged me :stoned:

Tight lines

Nice one matey, well done, a great feeling after such a long wait lol

The fish are going mental and everyone seems to be catching down here, I know about 2 13's that came out of the Kennet this week :yep:

We are off out tomorrow, after work in what looks like gale force winds , lashing rain and high temps, bring it on :rofl:

Good luck to all who are out at the weekend, especially the river anglers as there is only 2 weeks left now :(

Edited by Jakk

I also had a 5lb chub earlier in the day, lol waheey lol

Today I did a spot of perching and had 5 perch to 1lb 8oz, 2 bigger fish snagged me :stoned:

Tight lines

good things come to those who wait-we all know that from growing.

well done shamen warrior and its great getting some nice perch,do they go big up there on the ouse like on the great ouse?

im out tomorrow in the wind and rain on the kennet trying again for a few barbel.

stick at it

ukbl :wink:

T'is the Great Ouse that I fish UKBL, but the massive perch(4-5lbers) are alot further up river than where I fish. 3lbers are commen in my neck of the woods- and I plan to catch one by the end of the season :smug:

Im still chuffed about my barbel the other night, thanks for all your 'bigups' :unsure:

T'is the Great Ouse that I fish UKBL, but the massive perch(4-5lbers) are alot further up river than where I fish. 3lbers are commen in my neck of the woods- and I plan to catch one by the end of the season ;)

Im still chuffed about my barbel the other night, thanks for all your 'bigups' :yahoo:

went today on the kennet-1 savage bite which if i had missed i would have sworn was a barbel turned out to be a 3lb chub but welcome all the same.mate with me had 1 bite and landed a small barbel.

shamen warrior i would like a 3lb perch as well as my best is 2lb 14oz and that came from a river.can only dream of them big ouse fish but the thames and kennet do hoold some big fish.

keep at it.

ukbl :)

T'is the Great Ouse that I fish UKBL, but the massive perch(4-5lbers) are alot further up river than where I fish. 3lbers are commen in my neck of the woods- and I plan to catch one by the end of the season :yinyang:

Im still chuffed about my barbel the other night, thanks for all your 'bigups' :afro:

went today on the kennet-1 savage bite which if i had missed i would have sworn was a barbel turned out to be a 3lb chub but welcome all the same.mate with me had 1 bite and landed a small barbel.

shamen warrior i would like a 3lb perch as well as my best is 2lb 14oz and that came from a river.can only dream of them big ouse fish but the thames and kennet do hoold some big fish.

keep at it.

ukbl :yep:

Blankety blank for me, again, grrrr

I fished from 2-7pm today. After catching my first ever Febuary barbel the other day, I managed my first March barbs at 6pm this afternoon :unsure: It weighed 11lb 7ozs, my second biggest barbel ever and was from the same swim as the one the other day :ninja: .

3 bait stringers did the trick, the first cast produced a 4lb 10z chub after about 40 minutes. 3 hours later the big girl snapped up my boilie.

Tight lines

I fished from 2-7pm today. After catching my first ever Febuary barbel the other day, I managed my first March barbs at 6pm this afternoon :smoke: It weighed 11lb 7ozs, my second biggest barbel ever and was from the same swim as the one the other day :smoke: .

3 bait stringers did the trick, the first cast produced a 4lb 10z chub after about 40 minutes. 3 hours later the big girl snapped up my boilie.

Tight lines

Well done on the double matey, an a 4lb chub aint bad either :smoke:

I fished from 2-7pm today. After catching my first ever Febuary barbel the other day, I managed my first March barbs at 6pm this afternoon :blushing: It weighed 11lb 7ozs, my second biggest barbel ever and was from the same swim as the one the other day :thumsup: .

Tight lines

well done the warrior

11lb 7oz is a lovely fish-any snaps?

that bit of the g ouse your fishing may hold a monster just waiting for you if it has fish like that.

now for your big perch

keep fishing

ukbl lol

Heres a pic. I was on my own and didnt want to mess about doing a self take- I was jibbering enough as it was- the nets 32"x25". Its a shame about her tail, otter damage I think.

post-24625-1204573113_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shaman Warrior