Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

OneMorePuff

MiniGorg #1

Planted 11 #1 F2's in coco/perlite 11 days ago after a 12hr soak. 

7 are sprouted and growing well, 3 are a no show, and then there's this little guy... Started it's life pushing it's tap root up and out of the coco.  Not in a typical up then down little loop that you normally get, just the tap root sticking straight up out of the coco.  I didn't want to disturb it, so I added another half cm of coco on top in that hope that it would right itself, but the next day there was the tap root again poking out.  After two days of this I gently dug in and found the seed, which was half popped and buried in the coco, and gently turned the sprout the right way round and replanted it.  The cotyledons were only partly out of the shell so I misted it and waited a day or two for it to work it's way out but it didn't, so I gently squeezed the shell and teased it off, probably damaging the first leaves, and this is what we have...

large.20210509_2359151.jpg

It's not drooping at all, but it's missing a cotyledon and it's the tiniest seedling I've ever seen lol  Anyone seen anything like that? Think it'll survive?  If not then it's my own fault for going in too aggressively to get that seedling head off, but this is first time I've experienced a seed growing upside down!

I'm a bit disappointed that 3 of the 11 don't seem like they're gonna come up at all, and the fourth is a midget :D 

Fingers crossed I still get a decent number of females from the seven that have made it so I can find a keeper.

2 people like this

Whats the strains parents?

I think it will survive, yeah.

Good luck.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, OneMorePuff said:

Anyone seen anything like that?

Yeah. I just had one auto that didn't sprout as expected.

I got impatient and dug down. Found the seed had sprouted and could just see the tip of the kind of crooked bit that usually pokes through first before straightening up. Popped the humidity dome back on and left it to it.

When I checked back it had popped up but didn't look quite right. I had just had another seedling that came up with only one cotyledon and thought this one looked like it had lost both. Left it to it again to see if the growth tip would get going without them.

Checked back again and this time got my loupe out to have a closer look.

It was the tap root growing straight upwards out of the soil.

I carefully dug it out and replanted it the right way up with the cotyledons out of the soil but it ended up doing nothing and just withered.

The plant that only had one cotyledon is roaring away with normal growth.

I think the ones that grow upside down are just self identifying as Antipodean :-)

Freaks!

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, FigmentofFig said:

Whats the strains parents?

I think it will survive, yeah.

Good luck.

Ugorg #1.  Fingers crossed!

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, OneMorePuff said:

Ugorg #1.  Fingers crossed!

Oh. Is this gonna be a micro grow? Why's it called mini?

2 minutes ago, FigmentofFig said:

Oh. Is this gonna be a micro grow? 

Wasn't planning on it!

3 minutes ago, FigmentofFig said:

Why's it called mini?

Because it's f-ing tiny. 

I just named the thread minigorg as a little joke.  As I said, the strain is Ugorg#1, F2. 

Apologies if I've caused some confusion lol

2 people like this

Might turn out to be a beast! You never know.. mighty oak from an acorn and all that! I’ve grown the f2. And gotten some really nice plants. Some very cheesy stinkers in them 

1 person likes this

I reckon it'll be fine once it catches up, it's a tough beast, cannabis.

1 person likes this

Thought I'd update - she's still growing!  Still well behind the others, but they're gonna be getting another good 6 weeks of veg, so that's not a big deal.  Here they are at day 14 (in the duct tape wrapped hempies) - 

large.20210518_195411qQ.jpg

Here's the rolling diary if anyone wants to follow along - 

ELEVEN CHALLENGERS ENTER, ONLY ONE SURVIVES... Psychosis BX2 Pheno Hunt (First Photoperiod Grow) - Page 2 - Grow Diaries - UK420