Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Mike Lydon

Later planting

The weather has really hit my growing plans this year, as it has a few others im sure.  The wind, hail and rain has been ridiculous for the end of April and the beginning of May. 

Will it be to late to pop a few seeds into red solo cups in mid to late May, for an outdoor grow.  Hopefully by then the weather will have warmed up a bit

Atb Mike 

2 people like this

Late May is when you want to pop autos anyway, the idea being to take advantage of those best summer months. I'm sure you'll have read this before though.. My experience, popping autos in April and getting them into cold soil early May was an absolute waste of time and space. By early June the soil has warmed up a bit, you've got more sun hours, and it's generally warmer. 

So in short, nothing to worry about, perfect timing. 

Atb

2 people like this

10 minutes ago, HullFeltMashematician said:

Late May is when you want to pop autos anyway, the idea being to take advantage of those best summer months. I'm sure you'll have read this before though.. My experience, popping autos in April and getting them into cold soil early May was an absolute waste of time and space. By early June the soil has warmed up a bit, you've got more sun hours, and it's generally warmer. 

So in short, nothing to worry about, perfect timing. 

Atb

Thanks for that.

This explains why three out of my six seeds hasn't sprouted. 

I'll wait till the end of the month to see how things go. The long range forecast isn't giving much good till then anyways.

Thanks again 

Atb Mike 

If your doing autos -  i can squeeze 3 runs per year if the weathers playing ball , 2 runs if its shit weather like we have now.   

Fems -  i have planted out mid june and still had results.   

Get them out and reap the rewards :)     

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, OldFord said:

If your doing autos -  i can squeeze 3 runs per year if the weathers playing ball , 2 runs if its shit weather like we have now.   

Fems -  i have planted out mid june and still had results.   

Get them out and reap the rewards :)     

It's autos I'm I'm doing.  Have three on the go our of six, their holding their own, kept in. Going to wait till the end of the month, try another three

Atb Mike 

3 hours ago, Mike Lydon said:

Will it be to late to pop a few seeds into red solo cups in mid to late May, for an outdoor grow. 

Perfect time for autos really dude.. you can pop now really if you wanted keep for 3 weeks at home before plant out.. I have got photos semi auto and autos and still not got a bean wet yet.. needs to warm up for sure

1 person likes this