Perpetual Harvest Advice

AutoD

Hi all,

Ive done a few runs of Autos and been fairly happy with the results, finally making a switch across to give photos a go but looking to potentially do it more efficiently.

I have 2 tents currently, both 60×60x140 with spider farmer sf1000’s in, I use an auto-pot system split into both tents, my usual method with auto's is to just throw some seeds in and be done when they are done, however I’m finding that I’m not producing enough to keep me going until the next ones are done and ready!

Would it be possible/a good idea to have say two plants in veg in one tent and then keep one in the other tent in flower?

I have seen it spoken about in videos etc, is it as easy as that or are there things that I need to be mindful of? I am aware that I wont be able to use the same res for my autopot for both tents.

Any help advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hiya and welcome to UK420 @AutoD 🖖

The main problem with perpetual harvesting is that,

the conditions required for drying plants is very different to those that are still growing.

I have a 2 growing areas(plus a veg cupboard) in the same room and it can be tricky getting the temperature down for a nice slow dry while the other areas require the room to be much warmer.

A solution to this would be to have a separate drying space,

either in a different room or at least be able to duct in cooler air to it :) 

Hopefully you’ll start up a diary so we can see your plants,

plus this helps if you need any help with problems that crop up 👍

Atb

☯️

• Like 2

Use a scrog net in the flower tent for maximum yields

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AutoD said:

Hi all,

Ive done a few runs of Autos and been fairly happy with the results, finally making a switch across to give photos a go but looking to potentially do it more efficiently.

I have 2 tents currently, both 60×60x140 with spider farmer sf1000’s in, I use an auto-pot system split into both tents, my usual method with auto's is to just throw some seeds in and be done when they are done, however I’m finding that I’m not producing enough to keep me going until the next ones are done and ready!

Would it be possible/a good idea to have say two plants in veg in one tent and then keep one in the other tent in flower?

I have seen it spoken about in videos etc, is it as easy as that or are there things that I need to be mindful of? I am aware that I wont be able to use the same res for my autopot for both tents.

Any help advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

My vege is basic as much basic can't be.

A 0.5-1l pot in vege when moved into flower in 1 week become a monster ( coir+LED). I have plants 5months old in 0.3l no waven nursery bag inthese conditions.

I use 40x60x120cm approx.

I am using blend soil for vege with a £9 automated irrigation with a 5l tank done with a 5l water bottle ( just because I use to travel more than be at home), but watering in these condition could be as easy as watering every other day. In Coco I should use another system but soil is relatively easier ( for me, don't take this universal) from this point of view.

You could keep a mother or cloning.

Personally I won't recommend basic vege room for autos.

What tank are using for autopot the 30l or 47l?

As @Shumroom mentioned a third area would help for drying crops or starting off seeds, cuttings, etc. I nearly have enough weed from crop to crop now. I have a flowering tent, a smaller vegging tent and I have a seedling area and light under my stairs and a propagator in my kitchen.

I'm not particularly stealth though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I do perpetual, and harvest every 2-3 wks, wot comes out goes back in straight away , so always keep plenty of um vegging all the time, but got a separate room for the drying 🫠

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lux_Interior said:

I'm not particularly stealth though

I’ve heard lollol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1