Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Punk#1

Making the switch from Biobizz to Intense

61 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@Punk#1I am using the Organix range with Plant Magic Soil Supreme Compost which is a very light mix, I love it because there is no horrible Perlite in it and it’s very light and fluffy in texture, I never find any sticks, lumps, nails etc in it. There is a small bit of this foamy type stuff which is supposed to help with drainage but it’s very minimal.

I once brought a bag of Biobizz compost and it was awful stuff, seemed like 50% of it was perlite and it was full of wood and and stringy fibres, I gave it to mum for some potted plants in her garden.

I might try a bag if Intense release one but please no perlite, the perlite takes up precious space where roots could be growing, it’s really not needed in compost for growing indoor cannabis.

Edited by Smokebelch
6 people like this

On 09/01/2021 at 9:42 AM, Smokebelch said:

There is a small bit of this foamy type stuff

Hmm Steve told me fytocell was naturaly biodegradable, as I only use compost that that will naturally break down into natural organic remains, ie will eventually become humus [the end product of all plant life, ideally from natural non chemically treated plants/trees] and be added to my garden top soil. Anything else I do not want to use, ie the likes of rock wool or fibre glass will not break down in a thousand years. Perlite added to garden soil actually causes coagulation clay particles increasing compaction and reducing drainage over time, vermiculite is relatively harmless braking down over time, even so I would not use any of them in a compost mix that has a natural breakdown process.

After I read the dutch chemical/plastics excuse for proving that fytocell breaks down into organic remains, the process is hardly a natural easy process where even wood quite naturally goes through given a little time, I would suggest reading through the unfinished research projects, I could never see the SA or F&G accepting a humus like end product as organic when it is not actually humus, it would be nice to know exactly what it is, the fact that it is the result of a mix of plant remains and fytocell after thermophilic composting means little.

I suggest reading the gobbledegook for yourself https://resinsagro.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2020/03/130045-Wageningen-Universiteit-Composting-of-Fytocell-Biological-degradation-of-Fytocell-under-composting-conditions-sept.-2003.pdf

14 people like this

well guys and gals, i have made the switch from biobizz too and wished i'd done it years ago, i always get there, in the end lol

i'm well impressed, and it looks like i will be getting away with just bloom and no grow as i'm already on 3ml bloom and 1 grow (was 2 ml fishmix and 2 bloom last feed)  and there's a very slight clawing happening so time to back off (end of week three)

i had serious calcium issues and that seems to have evaporated with intense also, so 10/10 so far chaps!

7 people like this

Looking forward to using this stuff. From what I've seen and read on here it looks the nuts. 

3 people like this

23 hours ago, Dan t said:

Looking forward to using this stuff. From what I've seen and read on here it looks the nuts. 

Should be there in next day or 2 mate can't wait to see what you can do with them after your cotc win mate :yep:

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, Intense Nutrients Matt said:

Should be there in next day or 2 mate can't wait to see what you can do with them after your cotc win mate :yep:

Ahh nice one. Ive got some smottie remix and kandy kush that I'll be using that on. 

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, Dan t said:

Ive got some smottie remix

i've been saving mine until i can do it justice, if i can get to the end of my current grow with no more issues i'll be cracking mine too!

1 person likes this

I just chopped one @ratdog. My 1st smottie and its also my 1st organic feeds under led. It only realy looked healthy up to 3rd week of 12s.  large.20210124_205247_compress28.jpgI think the swap from biobizz to Intense  is going to help solve the 3 weeks in to 12s issue. 

Edited by Dan t
Wasted and I forget stuff
7 people like this

On 02/01/2021 at 8:47 PM, Smokebelch said:

Feeding with this couldn’t be any simpler, I feed 2ml of Grow for the first two week of flower and then switch to 2ml of Bloom, if the plant is looking hungry in flower I add 1ml of Grow to the 2ml of Bloom. I feed just water for the last two weeks.

Hi mate, do you mean 2 ml per litre? And how often do you feed that? Once a week? Every watering? Every other? Cheers mate. 

Are any of the previous Plant magic team part of Intense? 

No hate, I like improved results, and especially sustainability, though I despise capitalism lol and consuming heavy metals.. But this seems to be a direct clone of PM, which OT1 apparently designed from his success with Biobizz grow and bloom combined, or am I on one? 

Is it comparable with the original, ferment-in-bottle Organic PM, people who've used both? 

And just to be weird and quote myself from 2019 regarding fytocell 

it's pretty nasty stuff which breaks down into formaldehyde iirc (they make a big point of saying it's biodegradable but not what it biodegrades into). Also algae love it even more than perlite.

1 hour ago, uBercaMeL said:

But this seems to be a direct clone of PM

how so? i thought PM was shite tbh

@ratdog It has the same NPKs at least. Wouldn't be surprised if the root stim smells identical.. Their whole line up is eerily similar.. Again I could be tripping, and apologies if I'm way off base and this seems slanderous.

The original, gloopy PM was awesome, and even after they made it a generic formula (it was made for Bristol water originally), you could still get great results, when you kept ahead of the early yellowing. For the more recent formula they also added a nasty chemical to the bottles to stop it fermenting, which made it hardly organic.

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, uBercaMeL said:

Their whole line up is eerily similar.. Again I could be tripping, and apologies if I'm way off base and this seems slanderous.

have you tried both of them?

they are a site sponsor so perhaps be a bit careful, but i and everyone that's tried it seem to love it so i wouldn't compare it to pm as they certainly don't get the praise , i only started using it because everyone was raving about it and i was late to the party as usual! .  npk is not really much to be basing assumptions on tbh

if you have tried both and are comparing then fair play

it's certainly stronger that's for sure, so better value for money. i have one disco biscuit on one ml pl in veg and now in bloom and looking great.

Edited by ratdog
3 people like this

If you're interested I switched to coco (mineral a&b plus ecothrive biosys is my current selection) a while ago indoors (all the coco goes through a worm bin and the run off gets used outside). I'm sure they can handle one sceptic overthinking things, and it's not like I posted a thread about it.  :pitchfork: :banned:

Not sure how me trying it makes a difference, as I said I like improved results, and sustainability (less refined nutrients + mostly peat based compost vs minerals and mostly peat based composts) ', at the very least they've looked at PM's success and made a similar product layout. 'OG granules'?

PM were sponsors previously Iirc (not saying that's a tick on the PM clone list lol ), I made a similar rant or 2 back then, though possibly equally unfoundedly, but they then gradually added products until there were 10 you need to not feel like you were missing out, distanced themselves from the site, then sold ownership to Nutriculture.

Hi lads @uBercaMeL

I have found a post from our boss when he started intense so I will post here and it should help clarify the areas mentioned above regarding original plant magic formulas etc 

Although Intense Nutrients is young in the making, the foundations and expertise actually dates back over twenty years, all the way back to 1998 when I started my journey with Growth Technology, culminating in the sophisticated formulations and design you see in every bottle we make to date. 

After a decade at Growth Technology, I decided I needed a new challenge. I came on board with Plant Magic and was fortunate to be apart of their rise and success as Head Of Sales until their takeover in 2015. All these years of experience and knowledge are the evolution and cornerstone of Intense Nutrients. 

Joining forces with two lifetime friends and a multitude of industry giants, we proudly present a range of high quality nutrients with years of experience and dedication guaranteed to produce the finest yields year in, year out. 

Enjoy, and big love 

IN crew. 

7 people like this