Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShivaSkunk

Help pls! Could this CFL setup work?

Hi all.

This gonna be my first grow, Im gona use a 250w Dual Agro CFL (6400k/2700k) with a CFL reflector from the top of the box.

For the side, im gona use 4x20w cheap 6400k CFL for veg and 4x20w 2700k for flowering.

The box size is 40x80x200

I want grow 2 or 3 plants.

this lightning system could work?

I don't recommend CFL's buddy but yea I don't see why you wouldn't get some bud if grown right IMO

Edited by Master Kush

3 plants would be a push,

You'd do much better with a 250w hps or even a 150w hps (the grow shops don't tend to sell them but with a bit of googling you should find them online and they chuck out an easily manageable amount of heat) instead of the 410w of CFL you are proposing.

Is there any particular reason you need to use CFL ?

1 person likes this

I know that HID system would the best but i want a cheap stealth system.

Have a look at the links in my sig.

A

I know that HID system would the best but i want a cheap stealth system.

Have a look at 150w hps then, you can get the ballast for around £15 -£20 and a bulb for around £10, which is probably less than you will spend on the CFLs you are planning and you won't need much more (if any more) ventilation as they don't create that much heat.

Not many of the grow shops sell the 150w but you can find them online pretty easily, they are often used by the marine fish tank people for corals.

I would go for the 150watt HPS system over CFL's also buddy

2 people like this

But what about the heat? I heard that HID (HPS and MH or AGRO) generate heat and i think that a simple ventillation can manage this. I dont want to create a full air controll system, or cool tube etc. I thought that if i dont buy only cheap CFL-s (i want buy 250w dual from a special grow shop with the special e40 ref) that gona be better than hps. i have a small flat, andd the system would in the same room where i sleep. i hate the noise generated from the ballast. Or 250w HPS doesnt need any bigger cooling than a little ventillator? /i have a grow shop in my city where i can buy hps-mh-led-cfl systems, reflectors etc and my budget is max 130euro for the lightning. Any idea?

Mate, forget all that bullshit
400W HPS is going to give you better yield and better bud and it will give pretty much exactly same amount of heat as 400w of CFL will

Just go for HPS and you will never look back
even 250W HPS would out do a 400W CFL setup

1 person likes this

Mate, forget all that bullshit

400W HPS is going to give you better yield and better bud and it will give pretty much exactly same amount of heat as 400w of CFL will

Just go for HPS and you will never look back

even 250W HPS would out do a 400W CFL setup

And what about the bulbs? If i choose MH and HPS what Kelvin spectrum is optimal? I know that in cfl the 6400/2700 but i can only find 4000 MH and 2000 HPS. that would be okay? (250w) And im newbie in air cooling systems, should i buy cooltube or etc. for heat?

1 person likes this

@@ShivaSkunk Forget all that bro your makin it really difficult for urself

Get a dual spec HPS and a good fan set up in there

You dont need no cool tube or none of that shit in there

Just get a 400w dual spec HPS and get few grows under your belt then start fussing about

Dual spec HPS works on both spectrums

Blue spec is used for veg

Red spec is for floweting

So in few months time if you want to upgrade you can get a blue MH for vegging and then when you switch over to flowering u can put the dual spec hps in... or if you really really wanna go by guidelines of kelvin spectrums n shit then get a full red spec hps for flowering

Forget cfl

Forget 6400k 2700k 5400k all that shit

Just get 250w Dualspec HPS with a nice reflector n that will smash any cfl setup you can get

If you got more space then use a 400w with a 80cm parabolic or 600w with 100cm parabolic

That way you got a set up that you wont need to upgrade for quite long time

I say if you go 250w hps get 4 inch hi power fan

With 400w hps get 5 inch hi power or 6 inch low

With 600w hps you could do wit 6 inch low or hi or as most peeps would say stick a fan controller on it

Edited by Nocturnal_Haze

Noob here. Don't know as much as the peeps on here. But any sort of hps light would do better than cfls my first grow was with a giant 8u cfl. You will be disappointed an to be fair the amount of cfls your using electric wise would prob cost as much as a hps to run

I think it's crazy that people are so tight when it comes to buying grow equipment, especially when you see how much money is saved in the long run lol

@@ShivaSkunk

Hi mate, google "mini-max 150w sodium/halide system"

This will return you 1g per watt depending on other factors being correct and gives out no more heat than equivalent cfl wattage,

I grow two plants and get 5 oz approx each crop from mine.

atb

stu