Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CannaHaveAHitofThat

Please help the colourblind!

Hello to all :) I have just uploaded a few pictures in relation to this post to my gallery.

-I am colour blind (blue/green deficiency) and am unable to tell what exactly is wrong with my plants.

-Curled and crumbling leaves are in the middle of the plant

-Paling spotted leaves (of which there are 3 leaves suffering) at the bottom

-The real close ups I hope are more paranoia. I dont want any mould.

-Please take a second to see if you can help me prevent further newbie abuse.

-New shoots on most nodes is starting to slow.

I have tried to educate myself in as much as possible before playing around. I know the following spec is far from great, I accepted that and attempted to see what I can do with what I have for hobby and personal benefits :)

My next attempt will be how I wished I could have started this one but with bag seed I decided practical education was the best method!

-soil is half decent top soil with added feed.

-plants are half way through thier second month, Lst training working beautifully for my small space.

-7 16w CFL's, 2 warm white 5 cool white. No ballasts.

-to small cpu fan intakes,1 large cpu exhaust.

- Two usb fans to move the air around inside.

-emergency blanket reflecting. (I know ive been lazy with my white paint)

Other info.

-temps have been between 15ºc at the start and climbing to 28ºc in recent weeks. on hot days I moved them outside untill bugs found them.

-I Brought cheap feed (NPK 7.5, 1.5 1.5) since what I thought was nute burn I have flushed them during the last two waterings. I will not feed until I know for definate what they are lacking.

Hopefully someone will be able to spot by the pictures in my gallery. I would appreciate any advice given greatly :)

Problems led me to join but I will not recieve info and then go away. I would like to become an active member, gain an education in my hobby and meet some friendly people along the way :) thanks for reading!

-temps have been between 15ºc at the start and climbing to 28ºc
I have flushed them during the last two waterings. I will not feed until I know for definate what they are lacking.

This is too low, 20 should be your minimum imo, and they look hungry

keep them warm at night and feed them and they should look better

1 person likes this

Thank you ratdog! I will moniter the heat a lot better.

ill have to feed them with what I have for another week. I will shop around for a more appropriate feed asap.

I guess that means heat stress hasnt caused the crumbly leaf ends in the middle then.

I guess that means heat stress hasnt caused the crumbly leaf ends in the middle then.

No mate, that`s from lack of nutes/nute block because of low temps/hunger, just remove the worst and carry on

1 person likes this

Thats also over watering if your photos are correct, along with over feeding. Get your wet/dry cycle sorted and ease off by about half to nothing when feeding. I would argue in good compost, they rarely need feeding anything much in the veg stage, if at all. SOme only use very minimal feeds in soil until flower....

read your plants. They will tell you when they are hungry, especially in soil.

1 person likes this

Guys thankyou for the info :)

Thats also over watering if your photos are correct, along with over feeding. Get your wet/dry cycle sorted

They have had a lot to drink last 2 waterings. Flushing because I thought 7.5 N in comparison to 1.5 of P and K was too much. I know higher N is needed but I thought I pushed it. I will regulate feed with your advice noted Demon :) Edited by CannaHaveAHitofThat