• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Jk12345

Jk12345

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:44 PM

after spending quite alot of time and money building a aeroponic system(still not compleatly finished) i wish i had found this earlyer

anyone think i shuld buy??

google search: atomex aeroponics

Atomix Technology
Invented & Developed by Aeroculture Limited.

A Brief Overview:
Atomix Aeroponics systems are undoubtedly the most technologically advanced grow systems in the entire world. The atomisation process is achieved with the use of a compressed air supply that collides with liquid inside the Atomix atomisers. The sheer force of the air supply continually breaks down the liquid in to very small droplets and offers the lowest micron size available through any kind of nozzle. The Atomix atomisers output a mixture of both air and finely atomised liquids in to the growth chamber.

Control:
The output of the atomising nozzles are controlled by a unique solid state timing device with a user friendly digital interface for fine tuning. The complete control system allows the user to adjust the concentration of atomised liquid in the chamber making it suitable for nearly all species of plant. The user is also able to control the air pressure, air to water ratios, liquid consumption and cycle timing in the pursuit of perfection.

Benefits:
The Atomix atomisers are created with a liquid orifice around 400 times larger than the average water spray nozzle. This large orifice enables the atomisers to contain a cleaning needle that passes through the liquid orifice at the push of a button. This cleaning mechanism offers valuable peace of mind and removes all problems associated with long term operation and a build up of salt/mineral deposits from the evaporated nutrient solution.

Alternative Aeroponics?
There are currently two other methods that claim to offer authentic aeroponic growth, neither of which are capable of providing a constant supply of air and water to the roots without causing liquid saturation.

(Ultrasonic this is what ive got now 'nutramist') This method was first tested for its suitability in the 1980's. The atomisation process is achieved through vibrating discs that move around 2 million times per second. These ultrasonic discs are placed inside a container of liquid where the motion of the ultrasonic disc results in a turbulence on the liquid surface, this turbulence produces a dense low level fog that rises just above the water surface. Although fine atomisation is achieved, the concentration of liquid is not suitable to achieve authentic aeroponics. The main components are also unreliable, expensive and have a very short life span.

(High Pressure Water Pump Systems) This type of system provides a highly concentrated spray that is not suitable for authentic aeroponics. This method also results in a relatively large droplet size and a high liquid concentration that rapidly soaks the roots. The process of forcing liquid at high pressure through a very small orifice ultimately results in blockages and unreliable performance.

Edited by Jk12345, 15 October 2006 - 09:45 PM.

#2 choobasmoke

choobasmoke

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:48 AM

OK - solid state timer in a hydro system? Not a cheap component at all

I'm guessing thousands for the system???

#3 Jk12345

Jk12345

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 02:16 AM

3 grand

but it realy is aero not just highly oxygenated hydro

#4 choobasmoke

choobasmoke

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 02:42 PM

OK, I've just looked at their site...

at the risk of getting accused of spam (hopefully not): http://www.atomix.eu...cs-options.html

It looks very cool. BUT, 3 grand? for a 1m square system? That hold max 13 plants (although how you'd get 13 in that space i don't know)?

Sounds like a grower with too much money decided to manufacture his dream system. Fair enough, but seriously, that is a lot of cash for a system so small. What on earth is it going to achieve in that space that is worth so much more than any other 1m square system?

Personally I wouldn't do it if I were you.

#5 oni

oni

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 05:41 PM

solid state timers are cheap. :rofl: The Chinese make them now as well.

Go to RS and have a look at solid state relay timers around 15-40 mark so what do you think they cost from China :rofl:

The only problem with the system you speak of is the noise :wassnnme:

Try www.delavan.co.uk If you want to buy nozzles that are good at mixing compressed air and low pressure fluids.

#6 Jk12345

Jk12345

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:22 PM

thanks oni ill have a look

#7 Jk12345

Jk12345

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:31 PM

how noisey are they??

#8 Jk12345

Jk12345

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:36 PM

what is the noisey component

What is included:

Atomix Pro Atomisation Chamber & Stand
Internal Chamber Lining & Aeroponic Pots
Two Atomix X-07 Atomisers
Atomix Atomisation Timer
Two Solenoid Control Assemblies
Jun-Air 25L Silent Compressor, regulator & filters.
Two 28L Reservoirs
All required Pipes & Fittings

#9 oni

oni

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:57 PM

Putting compressed air and water into nozzle = noise!

#10 b_boy1980

b_boy1980

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 08:33 PM

The simplest way is always the best......

Couple a pots, westlands multi-purpose compost, a timer, and some lights. thats it.

Easy peesy, lemon squezze

#11 ukspaceman

ukspaceman

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:54 AM

I've seen one of these systems being demonstrated at a store in Bham and it wasn't very noisey. It does make a slight hiss noise but I could hardly make it out cause of the talking in the shop. Im thinking about getting one after my next crop. If anybody else does get one could you let me know what you think?

Edited by ukspaceman, 22 October 2006 - 11:55 AM.

#12 _friendly electrician_

_friendly electrician_
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:55 PM

the compressor is a fridge motor.

#13 Loftman

Loftman

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:23 PM

the compressor is a fridge motor.

will a fridge motor/compressor provide enough air for my airbrush?

regards
can you hear that whistling in your ear?----thats the sound of your destiny

#14 Jk12345

Jk12345

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:50 AM

ive only got 1500pounds left for the experements fund so i think ill but one of the vertical systems of ebay (ecosystem mabe) after next crop in december the experement fund will be replenished and ill buy one for us all to see the results

#15 choobasmoke

choobasmoke

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 11:10 AM

I think that the price of this thing means that it's unlikely that we're going to see one used on these boards. 3000 is a lot of cash and although it looks and sounds fantastic, I personally just couldn't ever justify it for just a few plants. I can sort of see the argument with vertical systems (if you've got the bottle to grow that many plants) but not for this. Sort of like a ferrari - nice to look at, the best you can get, but when it comes down to it you're just never going to splash the cash on a supercar when you could spend a fraction of the money on something only slightly less impressive. well, I'm not anyway!

Also, you've got to ask yourself why no shops are selling it yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users