9 replies to this topic

#1 MarkoSmoko

MarkoSmoko

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:22 PM

Hi all,

Got a mad urge to combine all knowledge I've gathered in my miniscule life to create something to help people less fortunate than myself.
Last night my girlfriend had an epileptic fit which resulted in a massive bruise on her head after doing a zidane on the bath. Today I basically looked at the benefits of my long term friend, mj, to see if there were any benefits.
Turns out, as I expected, there are. This sent me off on a mission as I know a lot of asthmatics, and one of my friends wives has Crohns disease. I put some of my aromatherapy knowledge, as well other knowledge into the following.

Just looking for it to be checked over to make sure its all correct.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Mark

:yinyang:

Attached Files

#2 MarkoSmoko

MarkoSmoko

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:05 PM

If Kafka's out there I'd really like to hear a response from him.
I'm not 100% sure about using a 2 ltr pop bottle :yinyang:

#3 the.green.machine.

the.green.machine.

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:06 PM

Hi,M.S. I have tried different home made oils and have yet to find one that I can give any praise to.Back in the early 80s I had some real oil it was that good it made people trip,Propper trip that is,never had one like it scince. :yep: I can only remanice lol :yinyang: Peace

#4 the.green.machine.

the.green.machine.

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:10 PM

There are some nice oil extracters out there on the commercial market, have a brouse round your bound to find something you will like. :spliff: :yinyang:

#5 MarkoSmoko

MarkoSmoko

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:47 PM

Cheers for that TGM. What my spin was on this was to incorporate my knowedge of carrier oils to make hash oil more useable.

Whenever I've made oil in the past (butane and iso) its almost impossible to work with.
So I was trying to get the oil mixed with groundnut oil as a carrier to use in food.

Should help my asthmatic friends and non-smokers out a little.

:yinyang:

#6 _gunnaknow_

_gunnaknow_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:18 PM

Hi,M.S. I have tried different home made oils and have yet to find one that I can give any praise to.Back in the early 80s I had some real oil it was that good it made people trip,Propper trip that is,never had one like it scince. :doh: I can only remanice :( :blub: Peace

I doubt that extraction technique had much to do with it. It is probably down to the strains that were used to make the oil with. Probably haze, or some other trippy sativa.

#7 _gunnaknow_

_gunnaknow_
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:46 PM

Cheers for that TGM. What my spin was on this was to incorporate my knowedge of carrier oils to make hash oil more useable.

Whenever I've made oil in the past (butane and iso) its almost impossible to work with.
So I was trying to get the oil mixed with groundnut oil as a carrier to use in food.

Should help my asthmatic friends and non-smokers out a little.

:blub:

Hi Marko,

You could make a tincture instead. All you need it 40%+ vodka and dried trim/buds. Or, if you want a much quicker extraction that uses up much less alcohol, make hash oil and then leave it to dissolve in enough alcohol, so that two or three drops under the tongue is enough. Then bottle it in dropper bottles/vials. The brown ones are best because they block any UV light from degrading the cannabinoids.

It can also be used in recipes whenever called for.

Attached Thumbnails

• Dropper_Pipette_Vials.jpg

Edited by gunnaknow, 14 July 2006 - 08:05 PM.

#8 MarkoSmoko

MarkoSmoko

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 02:48 PM

Hi Marko,

You could make a tincture instead. All you need it 40%+ vodka and dried trim/buds. Or, if you want a much quicker extraction that uses up much less alcohol, make hash oil and then leave it to dissolve in enough alcohol, so that two or three drops under the tongue is enough. Then bottle it in dropper bottles/vials. The brown ones are best because they block any UV light from degrading the cannabinoids.

It can also be used in recipes whenever called for.

Jackpot, I'd never thought of that one. I got some absinthe here (imported), would that absorb the THC better than vodka?

#9 _nigfis_

_nigfis_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2006 - 03:26 PM

Jackpot, I'd never thought of that one. I got some absinthe here (imported), would that absorb the THC better than vodka?

I think if you were to do that, you could be introducing other substances which some folks may react badly to.

#10 _gunnaknow_

_gunnaknow_
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2006 - 05:04 PM

Marko, stick with cheap supermarket brand vodka. Vodka is the most refined of all the spirits, hence it's clear colour and flavourless taste.

If you want the purest tincture, of high concentration, it is best to make some butane honey oil first with a high purity butane. Colibri, Newport, Firstlight etc. Then, once you have cooked off any remaining butane fumes from the oil, in a double boiler, add a little vodka. Turn the heat right down, or even off, so that the alcohol is nowhere near it's boiling point (75-80 degreesC) but the residual warmth helps dissolve the oil in the vodka. Add a few drops at a time at first, stirring into the oil. This way, the two won't split on you so much and the oil will accept the vodka more easily.

This method is better for getting a highly concentrated tincture than soaking buds in vodka because the amount of vodka needed to soak buds means that the resulting tincture would need to be reduced in volume considerably by boiling. Otherwise, the tincture would be too weak for the application of just two or three drops under the tongue. Where as with butane extraction, it boils most of itself off and then the minimum amount of vodka needed can be added. It also makes for a much purer tincture than using vodka from the very beginning because alcohol extracts alot of crap from the buds besides the cannabinoids. Not to mention how much quicker it is to make a tincture by first making BHO and then dissolving it in vodka.

Edited by gunnaknow, 15 July 2006 - 05:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users