• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Vapehead

Vapehead

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

Currently growing a Dinachem - freebie seed from Tude.  Am coming back from illness so will update this thread sometimes rather than doing a diary, as I'd feel too pressured to make regular posts and am not sure I can do that right now.  It's my first multi-strain grow and am growing an Afghan Kush Special (WOS), Blueberry (DP) and Cheese (Big Buddha).  Being grown in tiny tent - 40x40x120(h)cm under 150w HID.  Started in 0.7L square pots, then 1.5L and then finally into 3.6L pots.  Using Biobizz Lightmix (seedlings), Plant Magic Soil Supreme (best stuff ever) and Biobizz nutes (Grow, Fishmix, Bloom, Alg-a-mic, Heaven).  Have invested heavily in new extraction kit right at start of grow - 5" mountain air carbon filter and 5" KSA acoustic fan (w speed & temp control).  My environment was piss poor for my last grow and ended up with shite. :(

The Dinachem is 2-3 days younger than the others as I lost the original seed (different strain) I was gonna pop due to being pissed - fell on the floor and haven't found it since! :doh: The older 3 have had over 5 weeks veg while the Dinachem has had exactly 5 - switched to flowering on Tuesday.  She stays short and squat in veg.  She was a much smaller seedling than the other 3 but had almost caught them up during week 4.  Her and the Cheese are single cola plants, but have had to tie down the Afghan Kush and Blueberry as they were growing tall.  She is now as big as the Cheese.  She started smelling in veg (not as much as the Kush or Cheese but more than the Blueberry) and is smelling lovely now.  So far she's been very easy to grow, is pretty healthy and does not appear to be fussy with nutes or watering. :)

Tude's write up says: 'it is the mother of NYC Diesel, Sour Diesel and OG Kush. The GuavaChem (or GuayabaChem in Spanish), is the result of the 4th generation of ChemDog stabilized, grown by the same breeder for many years and is very close to be an IBL or Inbreeding Line, a genetic line very stable and uniform.  Dinachem´s aroma and flavor is eye popping, getting your attention right away. It´s an unique taste, pungent and fragrant, like lemon mixed with petroleum and a hint of pine leaves.  Effect: powerful, pleasant and relaxing, highlighting its capacity for pain and anxiety.  Moreover stimulates the appetite powerfully.  All these features make it desirable for both, recreational and medicinal use'.

I really love the smell and taste of OG Kush - mouth is already watering! :yes:

:bong:

Some pics:

4 little ones
Between 12-15 days
Dinachem - 12 days old
Dinachem - 17 days old
Dinachem - 25 days old
Dinachem - 30 days old
Almost 5 weeks old
Almost 5 weeks old in grow tent

Silver Surfer Vaporiser (SSV), Arizer Solo

#2 stu914

stu914

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2011 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

Hiya, they're all looking good, i can smell them from here!!

Glad to see you got a good vent system, same one i use,

Off ot cook dinner

atb

stu

#3 _trichead_

_trichead_
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

Lookn good vapehead its guna be tight sqeeze lol

#4 Vapehead

Vapehead

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

Hiya, they're all looking good, i can smell them from here!!

Glad to see you got a good vent system, same one i use,

Off ot cook dinner

atb

stu

Hiya Stu mate - cheers! :yep:   Enjoy your grub!

Lookn good vapehead its guna be tight sqeeze lol

lol That's the plan man!  That one of them in the tent was taken before last Thursday.  It's even tighter in there now cos they've been flowering for 2 days - will try to put pic up tonight.

Maybe I shoulda vegged them for just 4 weeks instead of 5?

#5 podencoid

podencoid

In Bud

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

Hey Vapehead

;)

Looking good so far. Nice choice of seeds, I tried some WOS seeds last grow and was impressed with them.

I'm using the same pot sizes as you for my current grow which is 5 weeks into 12/12. The larger plants in the pic (3.7 lt Root Pouches) were vegged for about 7 weeks and the other four plants in the 1lt pots were vegged for just two weeks and produced single colas. I am  pretty amazed at the how these single cola, 1lt pot plants are shaping up - there's plenty of potential for good yield even in tiddlers like that.  

All the best

gallery_76003_5935_60687.jpg

gallery_76003_5935_87841.jpg

Multi Kush mash-up

Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around. An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced. - Terence McKenna

The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is. - Lenny Bruce

#6 Vapehead

Vapehead

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

Hey Vapehead

;)

Looking good so far. Nice choice of seeds, I tried some WOS seeds last grow and was impressed with them.

I'm using the same pot sizes as you for my current grow which is 5 weeks into 12/12. The larger plants in the pic (3.7 lt Root Pouches) were vegged for about 7 weeks and the other four plants in the 1lt pots were vegged for just two weeks and produced single colas. I am  pretty amazed at the how these single cola, 1lt pot plants are shaping up - there's plenty of potential for good yield even in tiddlers like that.  

All the best

That is very impressive mate, in those little pots - cute! Big girls looking lovely too! :yep:   What's growing in those pics and what WOS seeds did you try? 

I used a 6.5L pot, just one, for last grow.  Didn't work out, even though I lst'd, it stretched like crazy (100% indica) and ended up with heat stress - took ages to finish.  Wasn't an efficient use of space either, cos I kept thinking I could squeeze a couple of plants in here in small pots.  Much happier with 4 x 3.6L.  May even go down to 2.5 - 3L. 

Bloody weather - temps would have to increase in the week I start flowering! lol

#7 Vapehead

Vapehead

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

A couple more.  1st from last Friday (veg - almost 5 weeks old) - Dinachem top right.  Last from today (day 3 of flower) - Dinachem top left.

Almost 5 weeks old
Flower - Day 3

Edited by Vapehead, 22 August 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#8 Guerrillero

Guerrillero

Opiated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2253 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

That Dinachem sounds like it might be really nice if it's like the description suggests.

I've tried a couple of their strains which have been decent, and seen grows of others which look pretty nice too, they're beginning to quite impress me despite me not being over-keen on fem seeds. :)

I look forward to seeing your results.with this, good luck with the grow mate. :yep:

Edited by Guerrillero, 22 August 2013 - 09:43 PM.

"Poor fools! Not of their sort are revolutions bred! And when they are dead and dust, which will be shortly, other fools will talk bloody revolution as they gather offal from the spittle drenched sidewalk along Mile End Road to Poplar Workhouse" Jack London, The People of the Abyss

#9 podencoid

podencoid

In Bud

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:50 AM

That is very impressive mate, in those little pots - cute! Big girls looking lovely too! :yep:   What's growing in those pics and what WOS seeds did you try? 

I used a 6.5L pot, just one, for last grow.  Didn't work out, even though I lst'd, it stretched like crazy (100% indica) and ended up with heat stress - took ages to finish.  Wasn't an efficient use of space either, cos I kept thinking I could squeeze a couple of plants in here in small pots.  Much happier with 4 x 3.6L.  May even go down to 2.5 - 3L. 

Bloody weather - temps would have to increase in the week I start flowering! lol

Hiya - these are CBD1 test seeds from MrNice/Shantibaba. I believe it's a CBD enriched Afghan Skunk strain which hasn't been released yet. A bit like CBD Crew Nordle but with higher percentages of THC/CBD. I am hoping to find a way to get these lab tested in Spain, Mr Nice said they might be able to help with this.. I've taken clones of all of them so it would be good to find a mother plant amongst these for future cloning.

The WOS strains I tried out last time were Skunk 47, NLxBig Bud and Mazar Kush - all freebies, I was just trying out some freebies to get my room dialed in. They were all strong growers and nice plants. WOS have a not bad selection of landrace and reg seeds which make them a bit more interesting.

Those smaller pots might be ideal for you - keeps the plant size down but I'm noticing you have to keep on top of the feeding with such a small amount of soil for them to grow in and I'm getting signs of deficiencies in some of my current grow. I overfed a bit on my first indoor grow and now I am not feeding enough so it's a bit of a balancing act. :lookaround:

Anyway, looks like yours are off to a good start! This a  great forum for learning.

Atb

Multi Kush mash-up

Animals are something invented by plants to move seeds around. An extremely yang solution to a peculiar problem which they faced. - Terence McKenna

The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is. - Lenny Bruce

#10 Vapehead

Vapehead

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

Hiya - these are CBD1 test seeds from MrNice/Shantibaba. I believe it's a CBD enriched Afghan Skunk strain which hasn't been released yet. A bit like CBD Crew Nordle but with higher percentages of THC/CBD. I am hoping to find a way to get these lab tested in Spain, Mr Nice said they might be able to help with this.. I've taken clones of all of them so it would be good to find a mother plant amongst these for future cloning.

The WOS strains I tried out last time were Skunk 47, NLxBig Bud and Mazar Kush - all freebies, I was just trying out some freebies to get my room dialed in. They were all strong growers and nice plants. WOS have a not bad selection of landrace and reg seeds which make them a bit more interesting.

Those smaller pots might be ideal for you - keeps the plant size down but I'm noticing you have to keep on top of the feeding with such a small amount of soil for them to grow in and I'm getting signs of deficiencies in some of my current grow. I overfed a bit on my first indoor grow and now I am not feeding enough so it's a bit of a balancing act. :lookaround:

Anyway, looks like yours are off to a good start! This a  great forum for learning.

Atb

Hi, interesting reply - great to be testing Mr Nice seeds, and good luck with the clones!  :yep:  Your plants look amazing mate! :yes:

I've looked at CBD enriched strains as I suffer from high levels of anxiety and may well grow one on each grow next year.  I need to do a lot more research though, as some people say you don't get high / stoned and I think I'd miss that.  So may just go for very high CBD / indica strains - though I do like a bit of sativa too, just not too racy.  Am a relative noob to growing.

World of Seeds do have a nice selection and they've got lots I'd like to try.  The one that's really caught my eye is Star 47 (Legend Collection) - Sensi Star and AK47 cross.  Would like to grow both those too, and am growing sensi star after this grow.  Will only grow AK47 when I know for sure my new vent system can handle the Afghan Kush and Cheese I've got in there now!

Yeah, thinking even smaller pots may be better - let's see.  Have a tiny space so pretty sure I won't be able to be completely self-sufficient (not yet anyway), so obviously want as big yields as possible (hence photos).  I hear what you're saying about the feeding balancing act.  I was used to growing in 6.5L pots, so have found it hard to adjust to the feeding for smaller pots - was under, then over, now slightly under again.  Bottom leaves have a bit of nite, and possibly some mag, def.  If I had the space, I too would like to go for some reg seeds.

I've learned so much from being on here.  At this point in my last grow, I didn't know about epsoms (using biobizz nutes) and had mag def.  The plant grew too big and got heat stress and there was hardly any airflow.  Rectified all of that - all the advice came from here. :cheers:

Edited by Vapehead, 23 August 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#11 Vapehead

Vapehead

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

Have hit week 4 of flowering today.  Both the dinachem and cheese are single cola plants (had to lst the other 2) and the dinachem is now bigger.  That's very impressive as it was both the smallest seedling and in veg, but had caught up substantially just before I flipped to 12/12 at week 5 (veg). 

Really impressed with the dinachem so far - didn't know what to expect as it was both a freebie seed and new strain.  Very healthy and easy to grow.  Really thick stem (thicker than the cheese which is more spindly) and hasn't stretched too much.  A very citrusy, fuel-like smell when the stem is rubbed.  All 4 plants are  very healthy and now really starting to smell and are putting on the resin.  Having lots of fun sniffing the inside of the grow tent! :wub:

Here some pics taken on Saturday.  1st is top of all 4.  2nd is dinachem.

Flower - day 19
Dinachem - flower, day 19

#12 _trichead_

_trichead_
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

Thy r lookin nice vh i bet thy smell lush

#13 Vapehead

Vapehead

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

Day 34 of flower today.  Just over half way through flower for the 9 weekers (dinachem and possibly cheese).  The other 2 should be done in 8 weeks max.  Stretch has stopped with the afghan kush and dinachem being the tallest - have to tie them to the poles of the tent to avoid heat burn.  All 4 are healthy and doing well.  Really starting to pack on the resin now, especially the cheese and blueberry.  Dinachem is really starting to smell very strong and potent, she's at least as stinky as the kush and cheese - petrol, lemon and pine - beautiful! :wub:  If she vapes anything like she looks and smells, am gonna grow her again for sure.  Very impressed so far - didn't know what to expect, being a new strain and freebie, but hafta admit she's my favourite so far.  She is a little nute-sensitive so giving her a little less than the other 3, but she's a strong plant with a very thick stem (thicker than the other single cola plant - cheese).  Took some pics last night.  Have a nice one with a close up of the dinachem's cola but run outta space for uploads.  Will try to put it up soon.

Day 33 flower (Afghan Kush Special, Blueberry, Cheese, Dinachem) - tops
Day 33 flower (Afghan Kush Special, Blueberry, Cheese, Dinachem) - side
Dinachem - Day 33 flower

#14 Vapehead

Vapehead

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

Pic of the main cola I forgot to put on last post.

Dinachem - Day 33, main cola

#15 M.M

M.M

Coated in resin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2819 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:09 PM

Looking good Vapehead :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users