4 replies to this topic

#1 Dannydotk

Dannydotk

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

:headpain: Hi fellow tokers
I am a new grower currently growing a plant from some seeds I was given, I was told they were white rhino seeds and they were fem but from a few days into flowering I started seeing "nannas" apear but it had the whiskers by the stem so I assumed it was female, Until I read up about hermies that was. Anyway I kept growing to see what happened and eventually I found pollen on the plants a couple of days ago. Now, the buds look nice on the plants and the pistils are starting turn orange, but that only seems to be where the pollen has fallen on in the middle and bottom of the plant, The top bud still has all white pistils and doesnt seem to be swelling up like the others. Has my plant pollenated itself and producing seeds?

Help Please??!! :hi:
DK

#2 Budelaire

Budelaire

Caveat Venditor

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10447 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

Yes, it has guaranteed its survival in the rough conditions by pollinating itself (and hopefully others from the plants perspective).

Unfortunely your seeds will carry the hermie trait in a dominant way. And will produce an army of Hermies with a small fraction being usable male/female plants.

:yinyang:

Smottie Remixed Testers & Smellyberry/Casey jones

#3 forest dog

forest dog

Dances with chickens

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4798 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

It sounds like it probably has seeded itself mate. You'll have to pick the seeds out when you smoke it and they will be no good to plant because they will carry the hermie trait, but you'll still get a smoke out of it so you haven't lost everything.
Hope its a nice smoke to make it worth the while.
Thanks to some selfish owls I have passively smoked something that might turn you into a drug-addled psychotic and not just me but innocent children in Ely too.

#4 Dannydotk

Dannydotk

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

Cheers guys, I wasnt going to use the seeds again anyway I just wondered if it was gonna be decent smoke still lol :)

#5 TDoke

TDoke

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

Cheers guys, I wasnt going to use the seeds again anyway I just wondered if it was gonna be decent smoke still lol :)

Yea, it will still be a good smoke, just a little less potent/less yield since the plant starts putting it's energy into seed production instead of continuing to produce buds. Although, seeds will only form on carpels that have been pollinated. Look for male flowers and pluck out all you can. One cola of a plant can be growing seeds while the others are not.

ATB,
Doke
Hey, hey, hey, smoke weed every day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users