Photo
- - - - -

Spidermites! Drawers grow 6 weeks flower!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 The_Dude

The_Dude

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:49 AM

hi guys!, having a bit of a panic moment, im a virgin to growing but I have made a stealth drawers which is 1.2m tall, 80cm wide and 45cm deep with a 250w cfl,
2x 140mm pc fans for intake and another 2x 140mm fans circulating air
td160 10mm extraction with prima klima filter
and mylar'd all round

there are 3 dutch passion ultimate clones at their 6th week flower and I have been a bit cautious over getting mites (always expect the worst I learned! :( )

mild mite infestation but today is first time ive seen their tiny webs and damn eggs!

Ive done alot of research and Im getting a bad gut feeling that im going to lose my crop as alot of insecticides I have looked at have not been fit for flowering stages, Ive read predatorial insects will not cure the problem 100% but keep it at bay, ladybugs lightly coated in cola (stops them flying) sounds like best option but does not fix problem 100% still :(.

obviously the grow drawers are in my bedroom (carpet floor), so im thinking that if I get mites first time this will be a on-going battle to the end of my love and patience unless I can find a good routine solution.

my setup is scrog'd aswell so shamefully there is no chance in getting the plants out for a bath dip wash.

any help/tricks from you guys would be greatfully appreciated!.

thanks!!

The_Dude

#2 Felix Dzerzhinsky

Felix Dzerzhinsky

Calm ? I'm fucking Zen !!!!!!

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9235 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

Try SBPI (SB Plant Invigorator) at half strength and be careful not to spray the flowers.

At this stage it's a damage limitation exercise rather than trying to wipe the little buggers out. Pay particular attention spraying the undersides of the leaves and do try quite hard to avoid spraying the flowers.
Linux - Because Micro$oft is for capitalists running DOS

#3 leroy

leroy

Self Sufficient Mate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6518 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

Try SBPI (SB Plant Invigorator) at half strength and be careful not to spray the flowers.

At this stage it's a damage limitation exercise rather than trying to wipe the little buggers out. Pay particular attention spraying the undersides of the leaves and do try quite hard to avoid spraying the flowers.

i literally drench my plants, buds inc, i'm using SBPI with Bug Killer atm and it looks really promising, better than the standard SBPI.
heres to nipples!! without them, titties would be pointless

#4 Felix Dzerzhinsky

Felix Dzerzhinsky

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9235 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:46 AM

i literally drench my plants, buds inc, i'm using SBPI with Bug Killer atm and it looks really promising, better than the standard SBPI.

I only wish they'd sell out here but can't get hold of it at all :sadwalk:

#5 The Villan

The Villan

I got me own Troll :)

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7356 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:53 AM

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Vill

#6 leroy

leroy

Self Sufficient Mate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6518 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:28 AM

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

Vill

lol didnt see that till i posted but here's another link,
clicky

Edited by leroy, 28 March 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#7 ill tomo

ill tomo

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

You should have done someting about it befour now :headpain:
thows little fuckers will go through ur crop just like the cops,
thay have no respect,iff its bad ur goner be smokein spidermite shite,
have a look on a loop :unsure: the shit will be in ur bud,an it dont wash off :russian:
good luck man.....

ILL T...

#8 The_Dude

The_Dude

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

You should have done someting about it befour now :headpain:
thows little fuckers will go through ur crop just like the cops,
thay have no respect,iff its bad ur goner be smokein spidermite shite,
have a look on a loop :unsure: the shit will be in ur bud,an it dont wash off :russian:
good luck man.....

ILL T...

yea I wish it was caught a tad sooner, had some advice given and I've pretty much stripped all the fan leaves and just left one or 2 and the buds with their leaves, thrown ladybirds in there and so far I cant see any buildups of mites on any of the leaves.
the mites never got to the buds (so far as I know) so maybe im lucky.

I always check plants every day as theres no hydros etc, lesson learnt though, I will be checking underside of every leaf in future even if it takes time up.

Is there anything I can do to the plants (clones) before they flower?, kinda like a preventative that stops mites able to grow on leaves.

thanks guys!

The_Dude

#9 leroy

leroy

Self Sufficient Mate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6518 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

had some advice given and I've pretty much stripped all the fan leaves and just left one or 2 and the buds with their leaves, thrown ladybirds in there
Is there anything I can do to the plants (clones) before they flower?, kinda like a preventative that stops mites able to grow on leaves.

thanks guys!

The_Dude

:doh: bad advice, those fans leaves are the plants solar panels, they take up the light and make her grow,

iirc, ladybirds only work when the plants are in veg and its not the adults you want its their larvae,
images.jpeg

get some SBPI and give them a really good soaking every 3 days for a week or 2

Edited by leroy, 28 March 2012 - 11:13 PM.

#10 Felix Dzerzhinsky

Felix Dzerzhinsky

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9235 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

:doh: bad advice, those fans leaves are the plants solar panels, they take up the light and make her grow,

iirc, ladybirds only work when the plants are in veg and its not the adults you want its their larvae,
images.jpeg

:yep:

If all the leaves have been stripped off then how is the plant going to produce THC ? Basically it won't be able to now :nea: Or if it can it will be at such a reduced rate it'll be almost indistinguishable from nothing.

#11 The_Dude

The_Dude

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

had some advice given and I've pretty much stripped all the fan leaves and just left one or 2 and the buds with their leaves, thrown ladybirds in there

thanks guys!

The_Dude

images.jpeg

urgh, may be bad advice but its done now, I had to do something about the infestation though, its semi under control as they only congregate on fan leaves which are thc free? (correct me on that, may just be coincidence)

my temps are high at 30deg c , so am asking for trouble but would a frozen 2ltr bottle of water be ok to put in grow box in flower? (80cm width x 45cm depth x 120cm height)
this way I can get my temps under 28 deg but I dont want to induce bud rot so im only trying for tonight to see how long it will stay frozen for out of curiosity. btw the bottle is frozen and sealed so no water vapour can come out if this makes a difference?

last question, I've seen this stuff called mighty wash which is "frequency adjusted water" but there are many threads saying yes its good and the latter saying they dont trust it.
would you guys recommend this stuff as supposedly you can spray this on your plant all over (if you wish) no matter if its veg or 1 day away from harvest.

or is this SBPI with Bug Killer flower friendly stuff too?.

as I said im fending the mites off for now but im just clutching straws at the moment.

thanks

the_dude

Edited by The_Dude, 01 April 2012 - 10:06 PM.

#12 leroy

leroy

Self Sufficient Mate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6518 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

its semi under control as they only congregate on fan leaves which are thc free? (correct me on that, may just be coincidence)

no thats where they start, soon you'll start to see little webs all over the leaves and then all over the buds

I

can get my temps under 28 deg but I dont want to induce bud rot

you wont get bud rot, you usually get that outdoors, or indoors if your g.room humidity is very high with cold temps outside, but try and add another intake, even passive, and get those temps down

:yep: and you can use it all the way through flower

Edited by leroy, 01 April 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#13 Felix Dzerzhinsky

Felix Dzerzhinsky

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9235 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

its semi under control as they only congregate on fan leaves which are thc free? (correct me on that, may just be coincidence)

no thats where they start, soon you'll start to see little webs all over the leaves and then all over the buds

I

can get my temps under 28 deg but I dont want to induce bud rot

you wont get bud rot, you usually get that outdoors, or indoors if your g.room humidity is very high with cold temps outside, but try and add another intake, even passive, and get those temps down

:yep: and you can use it all the way through flower

:yep:

It's true there isn't much (if any) THC to be found in fan leaves but stripping them isn't a good idea. Your plants now have no way to make energy for growth and to produce THC. Had you sprayed the undersides of the leaves with SBPI all those mites would be dead by now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users