• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#46 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3350 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

Do you even know what a sockpuppet is? i only have 1 account, and mods can check that

I didn't mean you and since i was quoting Skepta fail to see why you thought otherwise.

mate i dont want to take part in any arguments i just made a general comment about bb as its my fav smoke

Fair enough, sockpuppet accusation withdrawn, but are you sure it was DP Blueberry you smoked? I guess it's always possible somebody managed to crop it, I remeber someone grew the reg version outdoors successfully.

i have seeds in my fridge of them just now but havent germinated so couldn't comment on the hermie issue

If it's DP Blueberry I suggest you send them back and get a refund, you will be disappointed if you grow them.

you say its every plant that hermies? i never had a hermi out of them when i grew them a few years ago...only plant i ever had hermi was a sativa bagseed over 10 years ago

Yes, it is now. I've grown a lot of DP Blueberry with hermy-free results but they have gone downhill recently, haven't seen any reports of hermy -free crops on here at all.

I don't want them because they are crap and don't see why anybody else would. Do you want to grow hermying seeds? Do you want the breeder to tell you it's your fault and deny you a refund? Is it really acceptable that DP's representative should respond to our comments and suggestions by disappearing off the thread?
Is there anything groundless and unreasonable about expecting our money's worth and the same treatment as we expect from purveyors of any other product?

#47 _komodod_

_komodod_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

Do you even know what a sockpuppet is? i only have 1 account, and mods can check that...

if you dont want them then why keep arguing?

you say its every plant that hermies? i never had a hermie out of them when i grew them a few years ago...only plant i ever had hermi was a sativa bagseed over 10 years ago

not many people actually agree with you. im not starting shit but your argument is flawed, there are people who dont use the forums, there are new people new to the game who have not seen dp' bb feedback, they will buy these and will have been mislead, which is not morally right.

do you know what a stable strain is?? part of the stability of a strain can be based on the stress it takes. ive grwn some strains which you can stress with spontaneous light changes in flower, light leaks, low temps or temp fluctuation, and sometimes far from ideal situations and guess what? they never hermie. why?? is this because im the worlds most fanastic grower?? no. its stable genetics. simple as that.

this is a point i think goes across the board : its wrong to make money by misleading folk about what they are selling

im not dissing tony. but unfortunately he is here to answer for dp. even a mod here has questioned their ethics board sponsor or not. infact if board sponsers are entitled to rip people off without people having a right to complain, they shouldnt be sponsors.
so a simple solution? relable the bb, tell customers that they are a % likely to get hermies, tell customers they are buying a strain which is unstable, and change the price to reflect that.

then change the name from blueberry to ''hint of spice'' which is more fitting.

Edited by komodod, 19 March 2012 - 09:42 PM.

#48 smokey0159

smokey0159

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:50 PM

here is my little post to dutch passion but still not got a reply my story lol

i have been growing now for over ten year i have done dj shorts blueberry with no problems i done some of dp bb before but they hermied on me they were regular seeds
i love the bb taste its amazing and the orange bud i love too after all the stuff dp said about them steping up there game i said i would try it again i know the bb regular has hermi tendancys but if your setup is dialled in then you wont have any problem they say, mine is all dialled inn, i got ten blueberry reg and ten orange bud regular,,
i ended up with 3 shemale,s out of ten bb and 4 shemale,s out of the orange bud all the rest was pure males
they started showing balls at week 4 and week 5 of flower and im gutted i have chopped them down now as there not what i want i took 2 clones of each plant to pick the best mothers from them too but there in the bin now and has left me at square one so dutch passion my question is whats going on with the genitics in your seeds all im looking for is something i can grow and keep a few mother i wont do fem seeds i like regular
the blueberry,s i done from dj short where great i ended up doing a breeding project with his strain 4 clones got a nice male of sensi big bud then the seeds from that i got a male and crossed it again with a blueberry and what a strain i got from it i was hoping of doing this again but cant now

#49 CANTTHINKOFAUSERNAME

CANTTHINKOFAUSERNAME

A NEW OUTLOOK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2407 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

I think if there is a certain % that don't hermie, they should be used to create a new, hermie free blueberry....

I too think a large number of reported hermies are down to grow conditions. I don't believe when somebody says "they hermie"! So try for myself & grow it out to see for sure. I diary will help to prove these claims people are throwing around. And, if they do hermie you can just link to that.... that's what I'm doing now with mighty mite, because I was told they would hermie indoors.... & guess what, no hermies...... yet ;) but I will speak out & say I was wrong if they do, I just can't see why they would :unsure:

I have blueberry x pot of gold, they hermie badly & the POG was pollenated by a few hermie blueberry, after open pollenation with 2 BB males. But like I said earlier, find the 1s that don't hermie & breed with them.... just a thought
CTOAUN.2012 GG

#50 _komodod_

_komodod_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:39 PM

I think if there is a certain % that don't hermie, they should be used to create a new, hermie free blueberry....

i guess that os what dp should do...

#51 OG Skunkboy

OG Skunkboy

My heart say's yes but my Va jay jay say's no

• PipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

I doubt we will hear anything more from DP on the subject.

Tony is busy making troll comments in other threads about people that have any complaints. New to the forum and calling older members trolls :russian:

Edited by madgiz, 20 March 2012 - 02:43 PM.
defamatory remark removed

PEACE SELL'S BUT WHO'S BUYING!

#52 Ahiṃsā

Ahiṃsā

Going Sober......ish

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3560 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

i guess that os what dp should do...

go have a look at pro_liberate's original blueberry threads in the breeding section if you haven't already.

#53 _Nunsacred_

_Nunsacred_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

A couple of posts after Tony's last one were so scathing and unproductive that there's no answer to them.

Why would anyone respond to accusations of selling birdseed, and what should they say?

#54 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37832 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

A couple of posts after Tony's last one were so scathing and unproductive that there's no answer to them.

Why would anyone respond to accusations of selling birdseed, and what should they say?

Agreed.

Seems rudeness and hurling insults is the way of things these days. Very sad. :( Thankfully some folks can have disagreements without resorting to insults and rudeness, as in Owderb's detailed and articulate posts earlier.

Oh well, such is life I guess....

#55 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3350 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

I may well have called it birdseed but it certainly isn't much good for the production of marijuana, and I for one refrained from resorting to ad hominems, as I invariably do.
What is so polite about selling people hermying seeds at not exactly bargain basement prices, then blaming it on the growers, then disappearing off the thread when the membership don't buy that excuse?

#56 _weedmonsta_

_weedmonsta_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

then disappearing off the thread

just like you post and go offline...

#57 moodyman78

moodyman78

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

Agreed.

Seems rudeness and hurling insults is the way of things these days. Very sad. :( Thankfully some folks can have disagreements without resorting to insults and rudeness, as in Owderb's detailed and articulate posts earlier.

Oh well, such is life I guess....

It is just Sasquatch, OG got a bit carried away but this sasquatch guy comes across like he has been touched somehwhere private not found a couple of bollocks on his marijuana

ANYONE GOT ANY PICTURES OF BLUEBERRY PLANTS DP OR OTHERWISE TO ALTER THE TONE?

#58 MrSparkles

MrSparkles

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to give my two cents.

My experiance of DP has been a very good one, very helpful and freindly.. 6 fem's all germed :yahoo:

I also have a Blueberry in the tent, along with Orange Bud which I have also heard suffers from Hermi's. I have looked around at posts and as far as I can see all 3 diaries have Hermied Blueberry in them. What I would like to see are notes from growers talking about their experiences good and bad. Then we can find out how they grew them and see what makes a certain strain Hermi.. Then you will have recipe for success with Blueberry and if every single person says they Hermied (100%) of the time. I am sure DP will do something about it as any good company should/would.

This is a DP help forum after all. "Not a vent your opinion on a company on their help forum" page, making them not want to answer questions in first place. Sooo;

Has anyone grown Blueberry with the girls staying straight? :)

Solutions not Problems people :yinyang: .. Letís help each other grow some gorgeous bud.. :smokin:

Im keeping a possitve attitude as lets face it, A possitve view on things can make all the difference anyway :guitar:

Edited by MrSparkles, 20 March 2012 - 05:14 PM.

#59 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3350 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

just like you post and go offline...

How unpardonably heinous of me. Well at least I'm back, which is more than can be said for Tony.

ut this sasquatch guy comes across like he has been touched somehwhere private not found a couple of bollocks on his marijuana

Sinking to a level of offensiveness I haven't come anywhere close to in defence of somebody in a position I and many others on here see as indefensible. Again. I have asked this before, rhetorically, perhaps it's time I asked it straight : - why are you going to such lengths to defend a breeder who's seeds hermy ( and it's not just Blueberry) when so many others disagree with you and that breeder's representative seems unrepentant?

Try to make the effort to respond politely for once,you have infinitely less cause to be abusive than I do for merely being blunt, which isn't helping what little case you have at all. Of course you could always try PMing Tony to encourage him back onto the thread but I doubt you will get a reply.

#60 _weedmonsta_

_weedmonsta_
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

try PMing Tony to encourage him back onto the thread but I doubt you will get a reply.

i did... and i got a reply, but im not posting private messages in this thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users