50 replies to this topic

#1 kilgore trout

kilgore trout

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:23 PM

hi all,
i havn't been around here for ages, no grow on etc, i like the new layout, anyhows, i have mild arthritus in my neck which causes both a severe neckache and sometimes excruciating nerve pain in my scalp and eye sockets, after going from mild codeine to strong codeine, i am now on tramadol.
Tramadol just about works, but it also seems to make me extremely paranoid as soon as i have a mild smoke, even just one 50mg tablet, i end up obsessed with my self image, even to the extent that im judging my every move to see what people would think of it, which is insanely ridiculous, also, of a night i'm starting to believe things that ain't logically possible and i just smoke so much dope with little effect.
I'm also too confident, saying inappropriate things, things i'd never normally say, suffering intense anger etc, is like my whole personality is shifting, which i assume is an effect of the anti-depressant properties of tramadol.
I'm wondering if other people have trouble with tramadol and cannabis together?? and if so, what sort of solutions they have found
i've found a solution for the moment, which is just to take about 10mg of tramadol at a time, which seems to give me only the opiod effects, with little of the problems, this seems to be in agreement with research that shows that only about 10mg of tramadol is converted to the metabolite that has the opoid effect for a single dose
"But ultimately,I postulate,true immortality can be found only in space.Space exploration is the only goal worth striving for.Over the hills and far away.You will know your enemies by those who attempt to block your path.Vampiric monopolists would keep you in time like their cattle."It's a good thing cows don't fly",they say with an evil chuckle.The evil,intelligent Slave Gods."
William S burroughs - Immortality.

#2 Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne

Resin Coated

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38475 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:27 PM

Sorry to hear you're having problem mate. No wisdom, just sympathy.
I find wed and Morphine to be very effective as analgesia. Weed and Oxycodone too, same thing.

#3 kilgore trout

kilgore trout

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

thanks arnold,
i'd be happy with either of those solutions, but my doc is loath to put me on any "proper" opiates, probably worrying about addiction problems, but, the way my pain is, im prepared to lay off and endure withdrawals when i dont actually need the pain relief, the extreme pain never lasts more than a couple of days. Mild opiate withdrawels are ok for me, but after three days of 6 tramadol 50 mg, then going down to one a day, i go completely insane, with my heart ripped open and poured on the floor for the whole world to trample over, and i've been through that experience 3 times in the last year. So, not only are the side effects of tramadol insane, the withdrawals are too.
I'm going to see my doc in a couple of weeks and will try once again to get proper painkillers, but i hold out little hope(that phrase sounds wrong), is a small town and he probably knows i'm a smoker and has prejudices etc.
The fact is my pain terrifies me, so i would always only use painkillers when essential, for fear of them not working. So i'd trust myself with opiates.

Also, i'd just like to add that i know all about cannabis "paranoia" and know the difference, i've been a head for nearly 30 years and have come to terms with such things

Edited by kilgore trout, 01 December 2011 - 01:24 PM.

"But ultimately,I postulate,true immortality can be found only in space.Space exploration is the only goal worth striving for.Over the hills and far away.You will know your enemies by those who attempt to block your path.Vampiric monopolists would keep you in time like their cattle."It's a good thing cows don't fly",they say with an evil chuckle.The evil,intelligent Slave Gods."

#4 Danger Doom

Danger Doom

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:32 PM

I would try to get morphine if you can, it is a much better opiate than tramadol in my opinion. I take morphine daily at the min and it really mixes well with the weed, it creates a lovely high absolute bliss.

#5 Jimboo

Jimboo

Pretty Vacant

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7685 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

Hi mate i went from codeine, to tramadol which i prefer.Only about 150mg a day but i dont find any side effects.One thing my doc recommended was taking the Tramadol with Paracetamol which i find enhances the pain relief.Maybe if you tried the tramadol paracetamol combo you could reduce your tramadol intake

#6 bhudika

bhudika

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:07 PM

last time i had tramadol i was smoking some heavy duty cheese, everything that was orange turned flourescent pink, most amusing!
the definition of democracy is" two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner"
the definition of "liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote"

#7 kilgore trout

kilgore trout

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

hi jimboo,
ah i get the side effects even on 50mg a day, and the tramadol work for the pain, they are effective, it's just all the troubles that come with them.

Edited by kilgore trout, 01 December 2011 - 03:36 PM.

#8 Jimboo

Jimboo

Pretty Vacant

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7685 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

hi jimboo,
ah i get the side effects even on 50mg a day, and the tramadol work for the pain, they are effective, it's just all the troubles that come with them.

Sorry to hear that mate .They have been a godsend for me :smokin:

#9 _Chocolat_

_Chocolat_
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:38 PM

Sorry to hear your having problems KT. I can confirm tramadol and weed are not a great mix, I had similar effects to those you describe. I was put on tramadol following a discetomy, thankfully I didn't stay on the tramadol very long so didn't really suffer the horrible withdrawal symptoms that many struggle with. Search tramadol withdrawal and you will see there are many, many out there suffering from their experience with tramadol, have a read there are some horrendous stories that will have you chucking the tablets in the nearest bin. I did go on an alternative that didn't seem to have the same strange effects of t'dol, it was called tramacet. Ask your doctor if you can give those a whirl. If not the poppy idea is a good one, dry out the husks and then grind them into a powder which you can make tea with. Good luck mate and I hope it all works out for you.

#10 chickenlipsr4

chickenlipsr4

The deeper I go, the more knowledge I know

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2502 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

See if you can get some dihydrocodeine or buprenorphine from your GP if he won't go for Morphine. Failing that ask to be referred to your local pain clinic.
Smile & Blue Satellite 2.2 X OG Kush
Celestial Temple With Noname

“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong” - Voltaire
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." - Nietzsche

#11 Jimboo

Jimboo

Pretty Vacant

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7685 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

Sorry to hear your having problems KT. I can confirm tramadol and weed are not a great mix, I had similar effects to those you describe. I was put on tramadol following a discetomy, thankfully I didn't stay on the tramadol very long so didn't really suffer the horrible withdrawal symptoms that many struggle with. Search tramadol withdrawal and you will see there are many, many out there suffering from their experience with tramadol, have a read there are some horrendous stories that will have you chucking the tablets in the nearest bin. I did go on an alternative that didn't seem to have the same strange effects of t'dol, it was called tramacet. Ask your doctor if you can give those a whirl. If not the poppy idea is a good one, dry out the husks and then grind them into a powder which you can make tea with. Good luck mate and I hope it all works out for you.

As far as i know mate tramacet is just Tramadol with Paracetamol

#12 bizzaro

bizzaro

Do ya thang man,..fuck wat they lookin at!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14529 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

medication of the devil is that shit!!.....my story involves a visit to jon cloberts one time after bein given it for neck pain!!....VOMIT,DIAREA!...thought i was gunna die!!
Drill sergant 'the club' LS11 chapter
'you are not what you own'..I Mckaye

#13 fatmax62

fatmax62

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

tramadol and paracetamol do compliment each other but i now take the Oxi,s as it stopped being effective.Had to go to pain management and eventually change my GP to be prescribed the CD,s but they work.One day at a time i find is best for me , good days bad days FM :stoned:

#14 Spangleberry

Spangleberry

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:32 PM

Yeah I had problems with tramadol with some nasty jaw tension. Has definite stimulant properties, on certain people at least. It it does have a mild effect on the opiate receptors but it also raises of seratonin and noradrenalin. Noradrenalin is a stress hormone a bit like adrenaline and seratonin makes you feel content but messing about with it isn't a good idea for some folks. I'd try and get on dihydrocodiene, similar level of painkilling without the stimulation. I'd say opiates are a good bit safer than tramadol. It does work very well for some folks though.

Edited by Spangleberry, 01 December 2011 - 10:33 PM.

#15 Arbuscule

Arbuscule

Ook :>

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10382 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:16 PM

2 50mg qds (4 times a day, in English).

I spose 400mg a day has me addicted. No real choice :nea: I don't like being addicted to any opiate. Thank fuck for the pain-relief from opiates though innit :spliff:
'the mighty snake on which he sat began to hum fearfully at me as if it wanted to eat or swallow me' Amos Tutuola The Wild Hunter in the Bush of the Ghosts

eni, eji, eta, erin, arun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users