• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Danger Doom

Danger Doom

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

I have read a few ways to make cannabutter on here, one says use 226g of butter for an oz of weed, the other says use 125g of butter to an oz of weed.

Am I right to think the one that uses 125g of butter will be more potent? Will that ammount of butter absorb all the cannabinoids?

I have been disappointed by edibles in the past, they always turned out too weak so I am looking for the strongest dose I can get.

Cheers.

Eta. I will be using mostly ground bud and not trim like the recipes say, not sure if it will make a difference.

Edited by Danger Doom, 28 November 2011 - 07:57 PM.

#2 metalbasher

metalbasher

whitey victim

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1093 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

I only made butter once DD and it turned out too weak, but its maybe better to make your edibles on the weaker side and then eat more if needed. and it will depend on the type of weed used.

all the best with it :guitar:

Edited by metalbasher, 28 November 2011 - 08:01 PM.

homegrown is alright with me
homegrown is the way it should be
homegrown its a good thing
plant that bell and let it ring
Neil Young

#3 Keye

Keye

Grow: Off.

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5477 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

OK, this is a tough one, really. It depends on your tolerance and also that of the person giving you the instructions plus what you regard as 'high' and what they regard as 'clattered' etc etc.

The one with less butter is stronger, in your example. The butter will generally just soak up all of what you put into it. I don't know where it falls off, but a 'good' amount of butter will do 'good' chunk of weed. The fun of experimenting now comes in.

I'd make sure you don't have a lot to do 1-8 hours after you eat a lot of strong choc/butter/cake drenched with cannabis.

If you want a stronger hit - go for it. Try and visualise the weed you're putting in next to how many joints you'd smoke out of it; how many would go into the cake? How many per slice is that? Is that stoned by your standard? Try there and work your way up!

No one can really answer it but you; which is why a lot of canna-food is disappointing or frightning. It's all been made to someone elses definition of stoned. Personalising chocolate cubes to eat or butter to put in cakes takes a while, but getting it just right is pretty worth it. You'll get better through time and be able to judge any weed that crosses your path.
Grown here, not flown here.
Volcano User.

#4 Danger Doom

Danger Doom

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

OK, this is a tough one, really. It depends on your tolerance and also that of the person giving you the instructions plus what you regard as 'high' and what they regard as 'clattered' etc etc.

The one with less butter is stronger, in your example. The butter will generally just soak up all of what you put into it. I don't know where it falls off, but a 'good' amount of butter will do 'good' chunk of weed. The fun of experimenting now comes in.

I'd make sure you don't have a lot to do 1-8 hours after you eat a lot of strong choc/butter/cake drenched with cannabis.

If you want a stronger hit - go for it. Try and visualise the weed you're putting in next to how many joints you'd smoke out of it; how many would go into the cake? How many per slice is that? Is that stoned by your standard? Try there and work your way up!

No one can really answer it but you; which is why a lot of canna-food is disappointing or frightning. It's all been made to someone elses definition of stoned. Personalising chocolate cubes to eat or butter to put in cakes takes a while, but getting it just right is pretty worth it. You'll get better through time and be able to judge any weed that crosses your path.

Thanks man that has cleared a lot of things up for me. My aim is to make it very strong because my tolerance is very high at the minute and it is taking loads of volcano hits to get me high.

:smokin:

#5 twigs

twigs

?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7469 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

i just made some butter

at first, i started with just over an ounce of bottom of the jar bud bits and stuff to one block of butter

but as keye just said, the cannabis just soaked up all the butter.!

so i chucked another block in (slow cooker) and simmered for about an hour or so

gave it a good squeeze and got a take away tub full of pretty poky butter

just spread some on some toast and cover with peanut butter.!

i tried some to see how it was and got a good grin off of it and glazed eyes within 2 hours

it's good for what it was intended for but i would want more potency for recreational purposes.. :stoned:

link - Cannabis shown to reduce invasiveness of cancer - National Cancer Institute

The lethal dose ratio (LD-50) for cannabis is estimated to be around 1:20,000 to 1:40,000 which means you have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much cannabis as is contained in one cannabis joint to induce death. This means you would have to consume something like 1,500 lbs in 15 minutes to induce a lethal response. There are no known fatalities from the substance and it is considered non- toxic...

...''First they ignore you; then they mock you; then they punish you; then you win."
Mahatma Ghandi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users