• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 lez

lez

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hi all, just an update really I'm not even sure what I'm asking if anything, suppose its just a rant.anyways just got back from my doctor (who kept telling me she only has 10mins wtf) she prescribed me amytriptaline and referred me to pain clinic (again), but after asking her questions which she didnt know the answers to I had to concede that either I live with the problems or have an operation which she told me may make matters worse/better or not even help at all...I asked about the spinal cord damage that the consultant informed me about, but she said she just doesnt know. where do you go from here I'm at a total loss as to what to do. I told her I was doing absolutly sweet F.A as if I do anything it just gets worse, she didn't seem bothered by this fact. I feel pretty much written off by the nhs service.
LEZ

#17 AlbertScroggins

AlbertScroggins

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hi all, just an update really I'm not even sure what I'm asking if anything, suppose its just a rant.anyways just got back from my doctor (who kept telling me she only has 10mins wtf) she prescribed me amytriptaline and referred me to pain clinic (again), but after asking her questions which she didnt know the answers to I had to concede that either I live with the problems or have an operation which she told me may make matters worse/better or not even help at all...I asked about the spinal cord damage that the consultant informed me about, but she said she just doesnt know. where do you go from here I'm at a total loss as to what to do. I told her I was doing absolutly sweet F.A as if I do anything it just gets worse, she didn't seem bothered by this fact. I feel pretty much written off by the nhs service.

"I feel pretty much written off by the nhs service."

I know how you feel.

perhaps speak with PALS
[Patient Advice and Liaison Services] <sometimes can assist getting things done; if GP/ Dr's etc are dragging heels w treatment. record name of Dr /dates consulted etc.

not sure if allowed to link off here though a quick google brings the PALS website up.

luck
Al
;if - we _ALL_ treat each other as themselves - the sh*t stops in three seconds +/-

; for "what creature, at one w/ all nature - will attack itself "
-MASTER PO
;fear brings anger to the mouth

#18 lez

lez

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

Sorry to hear you are in such a tough spot Lez.

It might prove impossible to prove which events caused which problems and the information that the consultant gave you was not only unhelpful but I imagine very discouraging too.

If there were no sign of cord damage it would be easy to look and see if you were using a compensatory position to relieve the neck area and that it was causing compression on the nerve that is related to the arm you are registering the pain in.

However, you definitely should push for another consultation and instead of taking a letter with you, write a numbered list of the most important points you want to have answered. It is easier for the Dr to look at it and for you to reference each point and get a clear definition.

I hope you can get some clear answers and effective help soon. :)

Hi Thicky et al,
I am still non the wiser 3 months down the road and noone will answer my questions, I have been shown by the consultant that I have got spinal cord damage in my neck it was in the center of my cord big white patch and it took the consultant to look at the scan as it was not mentioned in my mri report, but that is all he said oh and its permanent. does anyone have any ideas where I go from here as I keep going round in circles...
LEZ

#19 lez

lez

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

"I feel pretty much written off by the nhs service."

I know how you feel.

perhaps speak with PALS
[Patient Advice and Liaison Services] <sometimes can assist getting things done; if GP/ Dr's etc are dragging heels w treatment. record name of Dr /dates consulted etc.

not sure if allowed to link off here though a quick google brings the PALS website up.

luck
Al

Hi Albert S I have looked up on their website thank you for the info but its only for england and I'm in Wales. how hard can it be to get a straight answer from a medical bod eh. :spliff: :spliff:
LEZ

#20 _Thicky_

_Thicky_
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

Sorry to hear you are having such a frustrating time lez. I don't have any idea how you can proceed from here apart from looking on forums to find others who have been diagnosed with a similar problem and see if they have any insight or suggestions as to what may be available next to get clarification and some kind of long term management strategy.

Best of luck :)

#21 lez

lez

Full Flower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1277 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

Sorry to hear you are having such a frustrating time lez. I don't have any idea how you can proceed from here apart from looking on forums to find others who have been diagnosed with a similar problem and see if they have any insight or suggestions as to what may be available next to get clarification and some kind of long term management strategy.

Best of luck :)

Hi
I have done so Mrs Thicky, looked poured even paid on one of them expert answer sites, no luck at all... ah well pain therapy is on the cards atm so I will ask more questions whilst there.... I just hate being none the wiser all I get told is what is wrong in medical terms. :wallbash:
LEZ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users