• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 rixy

rixy

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:19 AM

Easy people, I'm switching nutes to Canna and am a bit confused by the instructions given about how much nute to use. The instructions say:

• Add Aqua Vega to the nutrient reservoir with the dilution ratio 1:500 (200 ml per 100 Litre of water)
  • Add Aqua Vega A
  • Stir well, then add Aqua Vega B

So does this imply that if I did indeed have a 100 litre res, that I need to add 200ml of Vega A and then add another 200ml of Vega B on top?

Or is it 200 ml in total, meaning it'd be 100 ml of A, and 100 ml of B - giving a total of 200 ml?

In my case with my 30 litre res (4 pot Wilma), I think I either need:

A) 60 ml of Vega A and 60 ml of Vega B, or
B) 30 ml of Vega A and 30 ml of Vega B

And don't get me started on opening the fecking containers.....

Help :wallbash:
All of this has happened before
All of this will happen again

#2 spankydemonkey

spankydemonkey

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2222 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:56 PM

thats just a guide, its best to use a ec pen and set your ec accordingly.

sweet seeds black jack fast version nft grow. http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=347771 ongoing

sweet seeds green poison fast version nft grow. http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=344220 completed

#3 rixy

rixy

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:42 PM

thats just a guide, its best to use a ec pen and set your ec accordingly.

Thanks Spanky, I'll certainly be checking my EC but it would still be nice to know what it is Cana are suggesting here.

I know that Cana nutes are really popular so I'm sure someone will know...hopefully.. :D

#4 _cpt beefheart_

_cpt beefheart_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

my advice would be switch fert`s to fairform green dream 1 part its a doddle just shake it up and add otherwise google canna feeding charts good luck

cpt p.s no chance of mixing error`s then

Edited by cpt beefheart, 19 May 2011 - 06:49 PM.

#5 rixy

rixy

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 08:41 PM

my advice would be switch fert`s to fairform green dream 1 part its a doddle just shake it up and add otherwise google canna feeding charts good luck

Thanks CPT. Its not an option to switch as I've already bought them. Had a quick look at the feeding guide on the Cana site and it seems to be saying that for a 30l res I need 69ml of A, and another 69ml of B. WTF !

So that seems to suggest that I'm closest with my option B) in the OP, but its bloody annoying that the Cana feeding guide doesnt agree with the advice on their own labels.

So if anyone out there is using Cana Aqua I'd love to know what quantity of A+B you are using and what size res you have pls?

Gotta love all this :russian:

Edited by rixy, 19 May 2011 - 09:13 PM.

#6 madgiz

madgiz

Resin Coated

• Team UK420
  • 15157 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:07 PM

So does this imply that if I did indeed have a 100 litre res, that I need to add 200ml of Vega A and then add another 200ml of Vega B on top?

That is exactly what it implies and that will give you a full strength mix. So for any one growing without an EC metre they can gauge 1/4,1/2 strength mixes etc..

According to your guide then 20 ml to 10 litres will give you full strength nutes at a guess EC 2.0 plus

Edited by madgiz, 19 May 2011 - 11:14 PM.
add a line

scuba pics

Respect each others opinions, help each other out and keep it chilled. jackson5 May 2011

Indeed, if a poor man will spend a year in prison for stealing out of hunger, how high would the gallows need to be to hang the rich man who breaks the law out of greed?― Terry Pratchett, Snuff

#7 rixy

rixy

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:19 AM

That is exactly what it implies and that will give you a full strength mix. So for any one growing without an EC metre they can gauge 1/4,1/2 strength mixes etc..

According to your guide then 20 ml to 10 litres will give you full strength nutes at a guess EC 2.0 plus

Thanks Madgiz, just what I needed to know. Means that I now won't have to do quite so much trial and error to get my EC spot on :yep:

Cheers everyone.

#8 davemarx

davemarx

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:40 AM

cannas food shedule is a load of shite and not worth a wank in my opinion there ec and nutes levels are way to high.

i work to mil per litre these days and when vegging i add 1 mil per litre A and B so thats 30mil of each for your res

i then up it to 2 mil per litre along with boost the second week into flower then upto 3 mil per litre for the 5th week inclucing pk when i use it im still wondering if the pk is worth bothering with.

i use to run higher EC as per cannas grow guide but the weed was shit and full of nutes even after a 10 day flush. I never go over 1.4 anymore in both NFT and my OXYPOTS.

Dave

#9 _hantshaze_

_hantshaze_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:03 AM

Go to Canna's main website and you will find there growth calculator :yep:

It will tell you all the amounts needed from start to finnish.

Go by the low feed setting though!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users