• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 ginerbolox

ginerbolox

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:34 PM

Anybody seen this show yet.The 1st two episodes are on 4od to watch.Laughing me cock off.Were the hell did they get karl pilkington from.The man is comedy gold :)

#2 ninorc

ninorc

Resin Coated

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6080 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:37 PM

This is basically an animated version of the podcasts, isn't it? Have to say, I just do not get it. Pilkington is an idiot and Gervais laughing like a hyena at everything he says does not make it funny.

Edited by ninorc, 27 April 2010 - 04:37 PM.

This is the most fun I've had since my therapist adjusted my anti-anxiety
medication & I stopped worrying about the blood in my stool.

#3 TheStoneDuk

TheStoneDuk

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

• Team UK420
  • 6013 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:37 PM

I have to admit, I pissed myself laughing, real out loud, eyes streaming stuff. I wasn't sure if it was the show or the bubblegum I'd been smoking lol
Autumn 2011 diary
Sweet seeds 2011 competition - completed
Sweet Seeds 2012 competition diary
" Any person who can struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still know where their towel is is clearly a person to be reckoned with"- Douglas Adams (11 March 1952 11 May 2001)

" It is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job - Douglas Adams
Please write name of band and song above music videos to make them searchable

#4 ginerbolox

ginerbolox

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:39 PM

This is basically an animated version of the podcasts, isn't it? Have to say, I just do not get it. Pilkington is an idiot and Gervais laughing like a hyena at everything he says does not make it funny.

Yes it is the podcasts but with animation.
Thought it was hilarious myself.But hey it would be a boring world if we all liked the same things.

#5 ninorc

ninorc

Resin Coated

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6080 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:42 PM

it would be a boring world if we all liked the same things.

Indeed. Nothing Ricky Gervais has done has really tickled my funny muscle. Although I did quite enjoy his interview with Larry David that I saw repeated recently. Now, there is a funny man.

#6 MAJORGLORY

MAJORGLORY

Never say never!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2067 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:42 PM

The book is hilarious!
Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society... then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them... We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant.

Karl Popper

#7 ~nobody~

~nobody~

Searching...

• Team UK420
  • 9009 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

Big Bag of self-congratulatory Shit.

IMHO of course lol

e2a I did love The Office though, and thought Extras was pretty good, and I don't mind his stand-up, but this stuff just pisses me off.

Edited by OG refugee #24601, 27 April 2010 - 04:45 PM.

If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is: infinite

It's a sad and beautiful world

Nobody's Home - Perpetual grow

Smile - my first soil grow

Do you really need a Carbon Filter?

Ugorg Blues test grow

#8 vince noir rock n roll star

vince noir rock n roll star

its all about the thumbs

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14460 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:55 PM

i like the meanderings of karl ..not overly fussed with gervais ..his stand ups were ok ,the glue that makes it funny is the constant goading from merchant imo ..we call karls thinking fuzzy logic in this household ,something we all have too ..but one day a fuzzy logic thinker will come up with the solution to something amazing ...makes me feel proud to be not right in the head
It went to bollocks pages ago, then hit the anus running and is now somewhere around the colon. boojum 10/2010
http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=221494 the diy under a fiver pollinator now poke it with a stick ,if it moves ..fuck it and eat it .sweet seeds 2009/10 competition grow .with no effort http://www.uk420.com...pic=185904sweet seeds 2011 competition grow possibly the greatest grow diary of all time http://www.uk420.com...howtopic=240612 its all about the mrs hazys hoohoo extravanganza

#9 _thousandyardstare_

_thousandyardstare_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:59 PM

Were the hell did they get karl pilkington from.The man is comedy gold lol

He used to be their Producer when they hosted a Saturday afternoon slot on XFM London...Ive heard them before but the anime makes them even better. Now you really can see Karl has a head 'like a fucking Orange' :)

#10 Hir

Hir

Moonlight becomes you, it goes with your chair

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13690 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:08 PM

I love the guy, I think that people perceive him as nasty and arrogant. He is just wierd and you either get it or you don't. Haven't seen these podcast adaptations so cheers for the heads up.

Carl Pilkington is one of Britain's great eccentrics, moved into writing on his own behalf and is apparently very good.

peace ,  lightlove

#11 ratdog

ratdog

godless commie scum

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38212 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:14 PM

Karl on how he hates Christmas being the same date each year

"That's what I'm saying about Christmas, I might not be in the mood for it; December 25th"

He has a point :unsure:

My bolt hole

Got a letter the government the other day, opened and read it, it said they were suckers

I`m a laywer but I don`t want to talk about it

#12 ninorc

ninorc

Resin Coated

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6080 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

"That's what I'm saying about Christmas, I might not be in the mood for it; December 25th"

He has a point :unsure:

No, he does not have a point and what he says is plain stupid. Because Christmas is on the same day every year and the whole nation gears itself up for it, you will get in the mood, or not, depending on whether you enjoy the festivities. Picking a random day and asking Karl if it suits him would be absurd, not to mention the fact that it ignores the symbolic value of celebrating the winter solstice. Plus, I can't stand his voice.

#13 ratdog

ratdog

godless commie scum

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38212 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

No, he does not have a point and what he says is plain stupid. Because Christmas is on the same day every year and the whole nation gears itself up for it, you will get in the mood, or not, depending on whether you enjoy the festivities. Picking a random day and asking Karl if it suits him would be absurd, not to mention the fact that it ignores the symbolic value of celebrating the winter solstice. Plus, I can't stand his voice.

Ok, ok!! :unsure:

My bolt hole

Got a letter the government the other day, opened and read it, it said they were suckers

I`m a laywer but I don`t want to talk about it

#14 ~nobody~

~nobody~

Searching...

• Team UK420
  • 9009 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:31 PM

He has a point :guitar:

:guitar:, yeah and chickens don't cross the road. While I find him irritating, I do kind of get the humour, just don't always find it that funny.

If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is: infinite

It's a sad and beautiful world

Nobody's Home - Perpetual grow

Smile - my first soil grow

Do you really need a Carbon Filter?

Ugorg Blues test grow

#15 ginerbolox

ginerbolox

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:19 PM

This show was commissioned by HBO. Although i cant imagine karl pilkingtons humour going down too well across the pond.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users