12 replies to this topic

#1 Dropout

Dropout

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3820 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:47 PM

Hi!

Just made my first batches of BHO. One from leftover trim already used for ice hash which came out a lovely golden colour and was mixed with my grinder trichs to make jelly hash. The other batch was from vaped weed and although there is plenty it is a very dark colour and stinks of vaped bud still.

In theory I know it can be vaped but I dont want to fuck my volcano or iolite up. Can I put the metal pad thing in my volcano & just add the oil/hash on top? Or just add it on top of some bud?

Any ideas how much to use?

Weeds

#2 madgiz

madgiz

Resin Coated

• Team UK420
  • 15107 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:59 PM

I think thats the idea mate although when i tried using it with some bubble it melted all over it and didn't really work I dont think,, what I now do is sprinkle a small amount on top of the ground herb. As long as you dont use to much its more or less evaperated before it has chance to make a mess..

scuba pics

Respect each others opinions, help each other out and keep it chilled. jackson5 May 2011

Indeed, if a poor man will spend a year in prison for stealing out of hunger, how high would the gallows need to be to hang the rich man who breaks the law out of greed?― Terry Pratchett, Snuff

#3 Dropout

Dropout

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3820 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 04:44 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated.

Going to give that a bash tonight.

#4 Hashishin

Hashishin

Live For The Highest Grade

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5283 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:25 PM

With bubble or jelly hash in a pipe if you tickle the hash very lightly with the flame (so that the hash bubbles and melts but it does not actually catch alight) this will in effect work as a vaporizer.
In order for this to work efficiently then you must make sure that the flame does not jump across to the hashish and catch it on fire, after it finishes bubbling I smoke the remains anyway.
On a mission....

#5 Sheeps

Sheeps

Horns and Hoovers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1317 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:54 PM

Weeds, let me know how you get on dude :yuck:

Volc

#6 Dropout

Dropout

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3820 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 09:34 PM

Ok just completed test with volcano. Wedged liquid pad in and used as normal but put a smear of oil on top of pad. Cranked it up to 9 and inhaled the one bag that didnt fill as fast as usual and was a bit light on vapor.

Afterwards the oil seemed to of gone from the pad and no damage seems to be done to volcano from driping oil.

I didnt use that much (what I though would be a light dose) but Im bloody well hyper now and cant sleep (30 mins after). Was hoping it would knock me out but it seems to be acting like a sativa and making me more up than out...is this normal?

#7 madgiz

madgiz

Resin Coated

• Team UK420
  • 15107 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:22 AM

Up up and away maximum THC hit with little CBD interference.. :stoned:

scuba pics

Respect each others opinions, help each other out and keep it chilled. jackson5 May 2011

Indeed, if a poor man will spend a year in prison for stealing out of hunger, how high would the gallows need to be to hang the rich man who breaks the law out of greed?― Terry Pratchett, Snuff

#8 Dropout

Dropout

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3820 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:26 PM

Wow nice hour & half of creative thinking! Re planed the refurb on my gaff and came up with many good ideas.

Great stuff, cant wait to try the jelly hash made with the lighter oil (weekend one I think!)

Weeds

#9 illegal-porpoises

illegal-porpoises

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:44 PM

Any fullmelt in my vaporstar is a waste of time unless severely sandwiched with herb, though my piece of kit I'nt quite as complicated or costly as yours is. :rofl:
All that's gonna happen to mine is the need to give a gauze a clean, it may not be the shiniest vape available on the market but i heartily recommend it to anyone who wants to vape on the cheap and has a nice piece of glass or a standard acrylic bong.

Maybe i could make some pads for it like the volcanoes oils and liquid attachment? What are they made out of interest?

IP

#10 silvester growdrobe

silvester growdrobe

Dancefloor Destroyer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1755 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:03 PM

^ i'm the same.
tried a bit of hash in my vaporstar the other week (on some weed) and it just melted so i'm reluctant to put pure hash in it as it'll probably just gunk the whole thing up.
nice bit of kit though.
mine needs a clean now, a mate tried it the other day and just ripped it like a pipe. fuck off cloud of smoke and now it smells like an ash tray :wassnnme: might get a 'proper' vape if i get a christmas bonus this year :smoke:

e2a: i forgot the reason i started typing in the first place. it was to say let us know how you get on, if you can actually figure a way to vape hash in it.

Edited by silvester growdrobe, 12 December 2009 - 02:05 PM.

As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue.
-Albert Einstein

#11 illegal-porpoises

illegal-porpoises

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:09 PM

^ i'm the same.
tried a bit of hash in my vaporstar the other week (on some weed) and it just melted so i'm reluctant to put pure hash in it as it'll probably just gunk the whole thing up.
nice bit of kit though.
mine needs a clean now, a mate tried it the other day and just ripped it like a pipe. fuck off cloud of smoke and now it smells like an ash tray :soap: might get a 'proper' vape if i get a christmas bonus this year :huh:

e2a: i forgot the reason i started typing in the first place. it was to say let us know how you get on, if you can actually figure a way to vape hash in it.

vaporstars are dangerous to the inexperienced user, friends of mine have had theirs set on fire by noobs to the method(though they were very bad quality, balsa-like wood, not like mine).

I've got my best and most satisfying milky vapor hits off hash/bud mixes, i make the hash really thin by rolling between thumb-nails, and sandwich with herb.

I find with the vapstar, less is definitely more. i never fill it over halfway. Also clean the gauze regularly.

Googled the pads and they're made of stainless steel, so what i'm gonna try when i've got oil, is to put a whole pack of stainless gauzes in the chamber with the oil somewhere in the middle, let you know how it turns out.

sorry for off topic gwaan threadstarter!

IP

#12 bubble bags

bubble bags

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:14 PM

i vap ice hash in my volcano. i leave vaped weed in chamber, then add little pieces of hash on top of vaped weed. 6 on the temp dial is enough. never had a prob like this. happy vaping

#13 flowersniffer

flowersniffer

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:02 AM

I smear a tiny bit of qwiso (although I guess it would work as well with BHO) on a piece of tinfoil, heat it from underneath with a lighter and suck the smoke up through a pen tube...3 or 4 hits and I'm insanely high for an hour or two!...although after a fair few hits (5 or 6) I tend to reach a ceiling, where smoking more doesn't seem to do anything, even if I wait an hour or two...So I tend to do the oil first and then when I start to come down, I roll a joint. Does anyone else hit this ceiling?? Or know why it happens??
Peace
flowersniffer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users