13 replies to this topic

#1 johny1946

johny1946

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 03:37 PM

hello peeps,not been posting for a while as been busy with the ladies,
for who dont know i am using a 25l nft,the girles have now been in for 2 weeks and looking nice and healthy,with a huge root mass.
just going for a res change but have managed to confuse myself with reading a bit to much i think,also i keep finding conflicting answers :spliff: :spliff:
heres my qwestion,
my base water ec is at 0.80, am i including this ec in my fial calculation?eg base ec of 0.80x0.40 nutes= final ec of 1.2,
or do i not include the water ec? eg base of 0.8x1.2 nutes=final ec of 2.0

as i read through some say do include it some say dont :blub: :blub:
just need abit of sound advice,many thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• CIMG0282.JPG

#2 T187

T187

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 04:21 PM

good question 1 i need answering also as im about to start an aeroponics grow soon i need to know this desperatly i want to be ready ill pop in and see what peeps say about it :spliff:

peace T187!!!! & goodluck!!!

#3 HydroNaut

HydroNaut

Deep THC Diver

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3762 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 04:34 PM

Yes
Driving a Tractor on a Drug Farm

Hydronauts Hash Emporium Pre-Bubble !

Team UK:420 Grow it !

#4 johny1946

johny1946

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 04:38 PM

Yes

horray a straight answer to stop my head spinning :spliff:
must have realy under fed my girls last week then!,what ec do you recomend for week 2 of veg,is 1.2 about right?
hope this helps you out 2 tyas,
many thanks for your interest.
easy on.

#5 HydroNaut

HydroNaut

Deep THC Diver

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3762 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 04:57 PM

what ec do you recomend for week 2 of veg,is 1.2 about right?

Yeh, i wouldnt go any higher tho until they start asking for it. Read what the plants want by the readings from your res. Once he EC starts to drop in the res, up your nuits abit. Visa versa if your giving them too much.

#6 johny1946

johny1946

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:01 PM

what ec do you recomend for week 2 of veg,is 1.2 about right?

Yeh, i wouldnt go any higher tho until they start asking for it. Read what the plants want by the readings from your res. Once he EC starts to drop in the res, up your nuits abit. Visa versa if your giving them too much.

:yep: thanks hydronaut, advice greatfully recived.

#7 herman herb

herman herb

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2044 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:52 PM

Hello mate,
Not too sure you've been given the right advice there !

I never take into consideration the waters natural E/C, And i have never needed to go over E/C 2.0 ever.

If you're on week 2 flowering i would start at 1.2....The following day or so your plants will tell you how close you are...Meaning if your E/C drops to say 1.0,Your E/C should have been 1.4...But if it remains at 1.2 your plants are taking equal amounts of nutes and water indicating correct E/C.

Sorry but i know if i gave my plants an E/C of 2.0 at week 2 i'd have problems......My current grow is at the end of week 3 with E/C of 1.4 and if anything they are showing mild over-nuting with some tips of leaves turning under....Like rams horns.

I think more opinions are needed.

HH

#8 johny1946

johny1946

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 06:00 PM

Hello mate,
Not too sure you've been given the right advice there !

I never take into consideration the waters natural E/C, And i have never needed to go over E/C 2.0 ever.

If you're on week 2 flowering i would start at 1.2....The following day or so your plants will tell you how close you are...Meaning if your E/C drops to say 1.0,Your E/C should have been 1.4...But if it remains at 1.2 your plants are taking equal amounts of nutes and water indicating correct E/C.

Sorry but i know if i gave my plants an E/C of 2.0 at week 2 i'd have problems......My current grow is at the end of week 3 with E/C of 1.4 and if anything they are showing mild over-nuting with some tips of leaves turning under....Like rams horns.

I think more opinions are needed.

HH

thanks for response,
i am mixing my nutes now,
i have a base water at .72 today,
im using vitalink grow a and b,
just added 30ml of each to a 20l tank (recomended amount) now i have an ec of 1.37,was going to let this settle overnight.
so do you think this is still to strong?

#9 HydroNaut

HydroNaut

Deep THC Diver

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3762 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 06:27 PM

Well you should do otherwise you'll get a false reading. If you used a RO filter fair enough but everyones background ec differs. Why wouldnt you take it into consideration?

I've just told him that....

Well i beg to differ...
My background ec is 0.6, my tanks are running at 1.8 on the truncheon....so the actual nuit content is 1.2, they are near 3 weeks in.
Sounds like your having probs. whereas mine are lush as the preverbial.... :yahoo:

#10 TightBud

TightBud

ROCKIN',Aint no stoppin

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5833 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 06:37 PM

maybe theres a bit of confusion Hydro on post 3
as in the OP asks he should not include the base level EC "do i not include the water EC"?

you replied "yes"

ie do not include the water ec(i know the math is there but...)

sometimes, more than one word answers help others a bit more

Edited by TB, 23 February 2008 - 07:29 PM.

The ultimate answer to the ultimate question
=============================
PLANTS LOVE LUMENS

Everybody wants to be somebody

#11 johny1946

johny1946

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:22 PM

:wassnnme: :wink:
so thats why i started this topic,
every body seams to have there own way of doeing this,
any other coments would be helpfull.

#12 herman herb

herman herb

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2044 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:54 PM

Which ever way you go mate...... Keep in mind its easier to add nutes than to remove them.

ATB

HH

#13 potsmoker93

potsmoker93

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2928 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:10 AM

Would have ec at 0.6 week one, 1.0 ec at week 2 and 1.2 for week 3-4 or for however long I want to leave it before flowering, if slight colouring up it slightly, if tips are burnt on all leaves lower it slightly.

So base water is 0.8, week two would be around 1.8 ec to give to an ec of around 1.0, week three would set it on EC 2.0 which is basically 1.2ec.

Although each to there own.

#14 johny1946

johny1946

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:24 PM

thanks peeps,
i think i was slightly under feeding the first week or so.as i included this base level of ec,so realy was only giving the plants 0.1- 0.2 of nutes,
now i have upd the ec to 1.8 the plants realy have gone wild these last few days and ec is staying around 1.75 ,so i assume they are happy at this level,
but like others have said,i will just keep a eye on the readings and hopfully they will start telling me what they want.
many thanks :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users