• Please log in to reply
5857 replies to this topic

#1 priest

priest

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:14 PM

the last Beautiful Game thread got a bit chicken oriental with the old firm 'banter', if we can keep the topic on football and not try and insult peeps all the time then it should be sound.
DO NOT TAKE THINGS TOO FAR!!

FA CUP DRAW
Fourth Round
Arsenal v Stoke City or Newcastle
Coventry v Walsall or Millwall
Oldham v Huddersfield
Swindon or Barnet v Fulham or Bristol Rovers
Wigan v Chelsea
Luton or Liverpool v Swansea or Havant
Southend v Barnsley
Southampton v Norwich or Bury
Manchester United v Tottenham or Reading
Portsmouth v Plymouth
Derby or Sheffield Wednesday v Preston
Watford v Wolves
Peterborough v Charlton or West Brom
Sheffield United v West Ham or Manchester City
Mansfield v Middlesbrough
Tranmere or Hereford v Cardiff

Blackburn 1 Coventry 4
Bentley 85
Mifsud 34 , 90
Ward pen 64
Adebola 83

the sky blues do it again. another top prem side bitten on the arse by the michael 'mosquito' mifsud. we needed this after the doom n gloom of being 4 hours from administration ian dowies boys are back with a new owner(sisu capital-fronted by ray ranson). 4 million to spend and the debt halved things are looking up for coventry.
what a player bently is. pure class matureing perfectly.

the mighty reds of liverpool not so mighty??
same old, same old for liverpool.
play like a bunch of strangers nearly every week.
do uniteds first choice front four of rooney, ronaldo, tevez and giggs play like they just met?
i said at the beginning of the season in the first Beautiful Game thread rafa would never win the prem rotating and he never will. bye bye rafa, i doubt winning the champions league again would keep you your job been riding the last one for 3 years and if he didnt win that he would have sacked then for finishing 5th.
i dont like benitez. go back to spain where you can rotate because half the teams have got the defensive capabilites of a starving ugandon refugee with no limbs.

have your own football rant here.

Edited by Bish, 08 April 2008 - 07:17 PM.

your blood is blue.

#2 priest

priest

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:15 PM

what the hell is going on with liverpool now.

Liverpool could be plunged into fresh turmoil amid reports their American owners have suffered a setback in their refinancing plans.

The pair are understood to be struggling to secure the loan they require to pay back the original loan with which they bought the club last February.

The Daily Telegraph claims that the 'refinancing deal is on the verge of collapse' while The Times states that 'sources in the City believe that the Americans' regime is crumbling by the day'.

its never ending. what do reds fans think??

king kevs back at toon and lil mick is captain.
not sure about this, tough job for even the 'messiah'.
not sure about owen as captain, theres just somthing that feels right about a big strong centre forward named alan being captain for the toon.
cant put me finger on it.

frigginheck england might have a good keeper
but hes spanish.
Arsenal goalkeeper Manuel Almunia has again suggested he could have a future with England after insisting he had received "a lot of support" to represent the side.
i think hes better than robinson at the moment but robert green has been in top form lately.

what do people think of the transfers??
anelka to chelsea has probably been the biggest but i think birmingham have bought a realy special player in macfadden. the guy can turn a game in a second. pure class.
your blood is blue.

#3 Boojum

Boojum

Drinky Crow

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56691 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:26 PM

its never ending. what do reds fans think??

Should never have sold to bloody yanks in the first place. If supporting a team wasn't for life I'd have fucked Liverpool off the day they chose to do that. And now it appears getting into bed with the Devil is gonna come back and bite us on the arse so hard it could fucking destroy us. And Raffa can fuck off too, I'm sick of his bloody rotation bollocks, if you're gonna rotate to rest players you do it in the last third of the season, not right from the bloody start, And his tactics are shite. Not a happy red, not by a country fucking mile.

Caution.
Do not rattle cage.
This animal may bite.

YNWA

#4 Percy

Percy

'M' is for muchness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2623 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:52 PM

i thought liverpool were more than lucky last night.

I'll never understand how Crouch walks let alone scores in the prem.

Villa totally outclassed us for the majority of the 3 matches in the last 10 days (city) & i think the table as it stands today is a fair reflection of the ability of the teams.

Anyway enough of football - shouldn't you northern god botherers be slagging each other off by now & squabbling about whose side is least shyte?
"When I was not prey to the temptations of this world, I devoted my nights to imagining other worlds. With the help of green honey there is nothing better than imagining other worlds to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realised that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one."
Baudolino to Niketas
Baudolino - Umberto Eco

#5 StonedBrittania

StonedBrittania

On Gardening Leave!

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6252 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:29 PM

Anyway enough of football - shouldn't you northern god botherers be slagging each other off by now & squabbling about whose side is least shyte?

:doh: :D

#6 Jim_jim

Jim_jim

Resin Coated

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2021 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:59 PM

i thought liverpool were more than lucky last night.

Although Liverpool were pretty crap last nite, I thought they dominated most of the game, then literally two goals from nowhere meant they were loosing. Personally I dont like Rafa, why does he play Kuyt, he's shite whatever you say, 'even tho he's got a good engine'. If you want some1 with a good engine buy a fucking car, not Dirk Kuyt.

I think Rafa's only decent signing last summer was Torres. What he spent the rest of the money on I will never figure out. I swear MOTD said they had over 60 professionals on the books.

United (i am a united fan) sold out to American Business men and most of the united faithfull didnt like it including me. They took 1 of the richest clubs in the world and put it into debt, by how they have invested and kept faith to create a major force in football.

#7 _Dr Benways Assistant_

_Dr Benways Assistant_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:14 PM

Steven Gerrard said that since the board talked to Klinsman about taking over it's been effecting the on pitch performance and now with more takeover bullshit it's getting worse. Not often a club captain will come out and complain about boardroom business like that.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ool/7200492.stm

Man U can manage fine with an American board btw.

#8 StonedBrittania

StonedBrittania

On Gardening Leave!

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6252 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:20 PM

I reckon Stevie G has had enough, saying whats happening in the board room is affecting the players is bullshit imho, he's just setting it up so he can move to a more successful club in the summer :headpain:

#9 _Dr Benways Assistant_

_Dr Benways Assistant_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:29 PM

Yep, that was the first thing I thought (he's offski) when I saw the headline :headpain:

Edited by Dr Benways Assistant, 22 January 2008 - 03:30 PM.

#10 Boojum

Boojum

Drinky Crow

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56691 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:34 PM

If Gerrard goes as a result of all this arse I think I will quit being a Liverpool fan.

Caution.
Do not rattle cage.
This animal may bite.

YNWA

#11 newbudda

newbudda

skag smasher.

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2854 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:25 PM

stevie's going nowhere :spliff: and although im getting increasingly frustrated by benitez i cant h8 him :smoke:

i doubt benitez will be with us next season, but hopefully dic will buy out the yanks, we'll get a new gaffa in and we'll start playing like a decent side,

wev'e been awful at times this season :smoke: :spliff:

theres no slagging here from this northerner percy, its only a game :guitar:

#12 pd666

pd666

Ghost rider padiwan

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5730 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:54 PM

aston villa ftw :wink:

i predict liverpool boming out the champs leuge tbh :)

anyways good luck with the fa cup ya southern fairies :)

#13 Percy

Percy

'M' is for muchness

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2623 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:39 PM

theres no slagging here from this northerner percy, its only a game :spliff:

us mercians aren't REALLY that northern dude

was thinking of the proddies & catholics past hadrian's patio

----------------------------

anyone risk a tenner on city needing their passports next year?
"When I was not prey to the temptations of this world, I devoted my nights to imagining other worlds. With the help of green honey there is nothing better than imagining other worlds to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realised that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one."
Baudolino to Niketas
Baudolino - Umberto Eco

#14 The LaydeKillas

The LaydeKillas

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:06 AM

I reckon Stevie G has had enough, saying whats happening in the board room is affecting the players is bullshit imho, he's just setting it up so he can move to a more successful club in the summer :afro:

Yep, that was the first thing I thought (he's offski) when I saw the headline :blub:

Aye, you wish! :wink:

#15 priest

priest

Vegging Nicely

• PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:52 PM

theres no slagging here from this northerner percy, its only a game :rofl:

us mercians aren't REALLY that northern dude

was thinking of the proddies & catholics past hadrian's patio

----------------------------

anyone risk a tenner on city needing their passports next year?

'nice friendly football chat' it says in the title.

you said in a previous post in the other thread that citys form was down to richards and dunne, not elano and petrov.
good defence, your right but you had a good defence last season.
this season you have class . . . . . . be a tenner wasted.
your blood is blue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users