• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 bluedemon

bluedemon

Meerkats Stink

• PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:21 PM

Whats the best skunk type to get. I had super skunk in dam years ago and that stunk like a skunk and was a really smooth smoke. I also smoked some Skunk #1 from sensi that a mate grew. Had to say it was pretty poor and odorless.
IT MAKES SENSE IF YOU DON'T THINK ABOUT IT

#2 squirrel

squirrel

Stoned Immaculate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6572 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:31 PM

It depends what you mean by skunk. A lot of people, including dealers and the press, call just about any properly grown sinsemilla "skunk". And also what you mean by "best".
Confused by all the jargon? Check out the UK420 Grower's Dictionary.

If you need help, please post shots of the whole plant taken from slightly above and to the side, so we can see the foliage all the way down. It's nearly impossible to diagnose plant trouble just from closeups, or shots of a single leaf, or shots taken under HPS. Thank you.

Autos grow diary : Squirrel versus invisible scary monsters.

#3 bluedemon

bluedemon

Meerkats Stink

• PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:51 PM

Ok. Let me put it in more detail. There are a number of plants out there with the title skunk. They must be called this for a reason one of them being that skunky skunk smell that you get from skunk. It used to be quite defined but maybe not so much now. I couldnt be sure.
Seems a shame that the authorities are now saying that theres a new super strain of skunk thats going to kill life on earth but that is irrelevant to this post because we all know its not all skunk.
So what is the best skunk out of the plants labeled skunk that gets you battered and smells like skunk....?

#4 _Yoda Indica_

_Yoda Indica_
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:56 PM

that most skunky of all flavors is the catpiss-flavour.
the strongest catpiss smell i know of is afghanxskunk#1.
its truly skunky , and an open sack really reeks.
if this is not the one ur talkin of , i dont know.

#5 bluedemon

bluedemon

Meerkats Stink

• PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:04 PM

Yeah sounds good. Catpiss is a very good example but what is the buzz like......

#6 compostverte

compostverte

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13993 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:05 PM

Sensi's skunk#1 wasn't anything like what people call "skunk" these days when I grew it 5 years ago.... and not a patch on the original cutting I had 12 years ago :wink:
It was a tamed (reasonable flowering time, high yielding), sweet-smelling sativa - unfortunately so tame it lacked the lemony and piney notes you get with sativas.
(apart from one I couldn't bear to smoke because it smelled like a preserved museum exhibit :smoke:) My original one was gaggingly pungent

About 12 years ago I briefly had a "superskunk" - the growing plants smelled of sewage and the smoke was minty. :D

Unfortunately I was burgled by the people who gave them to me.

On the other hand ... I was given some "skunk" back in the summer that might as well have been dandelions ...

Edited by compostverte, 13 December 2007 - 06:06 PM.

#7 Funkysmell

Funkysmell

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:15 PM

Some say the cheese clone is a skunk#1, I don't know this to be true, but if it is then surely cheese is what your after for the ultimate roadkill smell.

Edited by Funkysmell, 13 December 2007 - 06:17 PM.

#8 asbo420

asbo420

In Bud

• PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:21 PM

ive never thought of skunk as cat pissy, i find haze more cat pissy.
a good skunk to me smells like burning rubber, very acrid although most of the skunk seeds these days are bred to be more fruity and less acrid.
mr nice shit is a really good skunk, the best pheno to find are the longer flowerers.
TFD the pure is also a good skunk.

#9 bluedemon

bluedemon

Meerkats Stink

• PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:24 PM

I have cheese in my grow tent about to finish next Tuesday and i have smoked cheese before. Both pungent but cheese dont smell like skunk imo.
It does have a catpiss smell but its more like cattpiss that has been cured for 15 years. :smoke:

#10 bluedemon

bluedemon

Meerkats Stink

• PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:30 PM

Sensi's skunk#1 wasn't anything like what people call "skunk" these days when I grew it 5 years ago.... and not a patch on the original cutting I had 12 years ago :wink:
It was a tamed (reasonable flowering time, high yielding), sweet-smelling sativa - unfortunately so tame it lacked the lemony and piney notes you get with sativas.
(apart from one I couldn't bear to smoke because it smelled like a preserved museum exhibit :smoke:) My original one was gaggingly pungent

About 12 years ago I briefly had a "superskunk" - the growing plants smelled of sewage and the smoke was minty. :D

Unfortunately I was burgled by the people who gave them to me.

On the other hand ... I was given some "skunk" back in the summer that might as well have been dandelions ...

Yeah i smoked super skunk in the early 90's and the #1 bearly resembles it. One of the reasons i asked the question......

#11 Funkysmell

Funkysmell

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:39 PM

I have cheese in my grow tent about to finish next Tuesday and i have smoked cheese before. Both pungent but cheese dont smell like skunk imo.
It does have a catpiss smell but its more like cattpiss that has been cured for 15 years. :(

I know what your saying, I'm growing BBcheese and the clone cutting side by side at the moment.

#12 _Yoda Indica_

_Yoda Indica_
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:57 AM

skunk already has an afghan crossed into it.
the indica part is was gives the acrid flavour, to some referred to as catpiss smell , i just borrowed the name.

combine the indica with sativas, and if you are both persistant and lucky , u'd get skunk

cross in a fat stinky indica ( afghan in this case) and the acridity ( is that a word :)?) will have gained.

i think once u tried a few skunk flavours, u will like the diversity , and the change of subtle other flavours.

I myself have some favourite strains, which taste even better if i smoke other less appetizing ones in between
thats what yer in for in a few years imho lol

#13 compostverte

compostverte

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13993 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:04 AM

I once read skunk#1 described as being "a sativa with just enough indica added to spoil it" ....

Personally I couldn't be doing with having just one flavour / high in my stash.

Some days I want a hashy indica, other days I want a lemony sativa ...

#14 Keye

Keye

Grow: Off.

• Lifetime Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5477 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:08 AM

Cheese is Skunk No. 1 cutting from years ago.
Grown here, not flown here.
Volcano User.

#15 bubbleboy

bubbleboy

Just Sprouted

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:51 PM

what about kiwi skunk anyone tryed that yet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users