Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bart

Know Your Pests

59 posts in this topic

brilliant guide.. thanks.

i think i have them fungas knats

anyone know anywere i can get some spray to sort them ? ASAP ?

1 person likes this

Good post. :rofl:

It happens sooner or later; Sooner in my case. Got mites 6 weeks into budding. No visible signs yet. Only on Mothers. I'll be able to finish and rid the room of the little buggers...BUT I KNOW THEY WILL BE BACK maybe not in the near future but next year for sure. lol

have to keep vigilant and a good eye so as not to start something that you cant finish.

1 person likes this

Cheers Bart,

very helpful and easy to read. :smoke:

:cheers:

Redgrotto

1 person likes this

Thanks for the pest guide, really useful.

1 person likes this

Hi folks,

So I have been battling white flies (frickin buggers!) and have refused to go the sprayer route and have instead opted for biological control; vis a vis white fly parasites (Encarsia formosa). This is a slow process but I am starting to see improvement. Here are some pictures.

1st picture is of the underside of a sun leaf. The white dots are white fly nymphs. They don't move when in this stage. The black dots are the nymphs which have had parasite eggs inserted, nymph dead and most likely the Encarsia formosa has flown away to breed some more. :wassnnme:

2nd picture is of the card the eggs are attached to. They hatch within two weeks. My apologies for not getting better pictures.

post-31962-1214204730_thumb.jpg

post-31962-1214204810_thumb.jpg

Edited by Randalizer
2 people like this

Another leaf picture. I'm still having to remove a lot of white fly infestations by hand but a lot of progress has been made.

post-31962-1214205120_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Thanks a milli Bart. I think we have a major thrip infestation on our outdoor crops. This def needs to be sorted but at least I have an idea of what Im working with.

QUESTION: are the spider mites capable of spinning webs on your plants?

1 person likes this

forgot to add my grateful thanks for this info..superb !

even tho its miserable to all who have to come seeking such info, we need to know.

1 person likes this

Maybe it would be more helpful if we also posted suggestions for getting rid of these pests.

1 person likes this

gr8 guide

1 person likes this

Nice one Bart. Thanks to you mate i have sussed out my

problem with spidermites (Roll that man a huge fat one) :unsure:

Cheers man cool guide :wink:

1 person likes this

That's what i love about this site all the answers are here those little black flys i know what they are now and how to get rid of them wicked info.

1 person likes this

dam varmins I got thrips should of looked at this sooner, thankyou for this guide

1 person likes this

very helpful cheers :D

1 person likes this