Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jimmeh

Spot the deliberate mistake + solutions

Oh yes I done fucked up well, didn't I?! :wassnnme:

large.3potsfuckup.jpg

Ok so this is a new one on me - clearly I must have got my pots switched when I was dropping seeds - how likely do we think that I can separate these two and transplant one of the seedlings into the empty, middle pot?

And any tips?

Obviously I'm going to try, and as soon as possible before roots start going down in earnest - can't have two plants growing next to each other like this one will just out-compete the other but if anyone has had to do the same (and is willing to admit it ;)) I'd love to hear how it went.

Just now, Jimmeh said:

And any tips

Be careful, don't do it again lol

Probably easier to cut away the pot,  gently tease the soil apart, remove them both and then replant them rather than trying to remove one and leave the other in place.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well that was brutal.. :shock:

For anyone interested, I packed the soil down as best I could with the flat of a spoon to try& keep it in one piece, and then with kitchen scissors cut down the side of pot and peeled it away from the soil.

The teeny roots were almost all the way down to the bottom, despite being only a day old, and had gotten intertwined, so it was like teasing apart twins - at first I doubted myself and thought they'd sprouted from the same seed until I found both seed husks.

large.3potsfuckup-2.jpg

Each one now in it's own home, I'm praying that my cack-handedness hasn't killed them off, I'll be sure update this thread if they pull through my attempt at battlefield surgery, I guess we'll find out over the next day or two!

I'm going to keep them under the milder-than-mild 5w led reading light for tonight until I see some vigour from them; thanks again Dr Mindsoup, I'll let you know via your pager if I need an urgent consult with these patients in the future! ;) 

Edited by Jimmeh
5 people like this

Good job mate, I wouldn't worry too much,  what you just did isn't much different than doing thr paper towel method. 

1 person likes this

I've done it a few times, (I never learn lol). I think it is covered in my Animal biscuits dairy, I separated and re-planted and both pants were fine.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Nothing special in this post really, I just promised to add an update on how the twins were doing after I disentangled their teeny-baby roots.

Coming on nicely imo, I had to go away for a few days and this is what I came back to - won't be too long before they're ready for pot-up to finals tbh, second half of next week I imagine unless the roots start busting out sooner.

large.IMG_20220710_082645.jpg

Anyway, thanks as ever for support & not laughing too hard at my dumbness peace out broskis have a great rest of the weekend <3

Edited by Jimmeh
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

I was listening to an autoflower podcast not so long ago and they were planting two seeds in each pot to increase chances of females. 

They were saying if it was 2 females they'd leave it in growing next to eachother and they essentially become one plant. 

E2a: could obviously be complete tosh 

Edited by rolio