Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bongme

Legalising cannabis won’t tackle disproportionate policing outcomes for ethnic minorities, crime minister says

91 posts in this topic

Slavery. The door that slams shut any debate. Were the Indians and Chinese not treated like shit by white Europeans also? In relatively modern times too. More recent than transatlantic slavery even. Blacks aren’t unique in that fact. It’s like the Jews with genocide. They think they have a monopoly on it. 
Bottom line is I can’t accept the notion of a choosey racist. In the same way I can’t accept someone can’t get on in 2022 because someone else was enslaved in the 19th century. 

Sorry neza I can’t listen to Akala for a second. I just find him as intellectually dishonest as the next race grifter. 

3 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

I can’t accept the notion of a choosey racist.

Some people don't accept that the earth is an approximation of a globe, 

but that doesn't stop it from being true lol

Preconceptions are one of the major causes of racism. 

People have different preconceptions about different races/religions/school uniforms/football teams etc. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

6 people like this

5 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

Why are they more affluent and why would an institutionally racist system allow ANY traction for ANY ethnic minority? Again asked in all sincerity @catweazle1. It’s something I can’t  wrap my head around. I think it’s a fair enough point and not intended to be contentious.

Because it is not a simple system. 

Historically our society has many inbuilt assumptions. Rich better than poor, men better than women, White better than black, straight better than gay etc. 

Add to this the stereotypes. The clever Jew, the hard working Asian, the lazy afro-carribean, the sentimental but violent Irish. 

None justified, all harmful, but it is not a simple equation. All these swirling, sometimes contradictory assumptions lead to institutional inequalities. 

As a white, middle aged, middle class man I do quite well out of this. Doesn't make it right. 

8 people like this

18 hours ago, Newcouch said:

legalising cannabis also wont stop the war in ukraine, or americans arguing about abortion.

it will stop people being unjustly persecuted for using a plant though.

Cannabis is a plant, not a universal solution to the worlds problems. although, to be fair, it might be better suited to the job than politicians.

Should be compulsory for the (mp's) lords and ladys to have a hit before they enter the chambers :)

hey hey! not fair the point about the Irish [punch wood] 

1 person likes this

@John Frum

Yes but white middle class men arnt they either sex ofenders or domestic violence abusers? 

10 minutes ago, B-real said:

@John Frum

Yes but white middle class men arnt they either sex ofenders or domestic violence abusers? 

But more likely to get away with it? 

5 people like this

9 hours ago, dylant said:

what about violent crime per ethnic population

you mean like the crusades dude.? lol 

stop and search for weapons was only represented by 14% of the reasons for stop and search compared to over 60% for cannabis/drugs 

like I said dude “Marijuana induces white women to have sexual relations with negro men” was one of the excuses (racist lies) for the war on drugs.. along with fast piano playing.. they didn’t like that either! lollol 

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

double post.. no doubt down to Mahriuanaaaa! lol 

Edited by twigs
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

So blacks are exclusively targeted because they’re black. What is it about black people that makes them such targets. “Because they were slaves” isn’t a reason in my opinion unless you expand on it. I never grew up with trans Atlantic slavery. Neither did anyone on the planet. So I’d be interested to know how that has any baring on a modern day persons rationale? 

e2a I’m aware the two most blighted communities are black and Bangladeshi. Both considered to be underprivileged. In regards socioeconomic standing. Is being skint a reason they commit more crime? Or is there another reason? I’m genuinely trying to discuss this. So if it’s annoying you or upsetting you take it elsewhere. I don’t think I’m being out of order. I think they call it sensemaking. Having a difficult conversation to get to the truth.

Edited by mikeydoughnut
1 person likes this

@John Frum So is the latest stereotype about whites being over privileged not harmful in anyway? Reminds me a bit of the old Bolshevik and kulak situation if you ask me. 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

@John Frum So is the latest stereotype about whites being over privileged not harmful in anyway? Reminds me a bit of the old Bolshevik and kulak situation if you ask me. 

Except that white privilege exists. 

I think we're done now. Your mask of genuine inquiry is slipping. 

8 people like this

Does it? In what way do I have privilege? I’d be interested to know.

e2a - not unusual to get railroaded into defending one’s self in a conversation meant to find things out about others. So now we’re coming from a base where I’m a racist trying to excuse racist behaviour. Odd considering my best mate is half scottish half Jamaican. How can I be racist with scottish mates lol 

3 people like this

23 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

In regards socioeconomic standing. Is being skint a reason they commit more crime

if the figures are correct and not a manipulation of numbers because of the discrimination..

have you ever experienced any bullying in your life dude, that you couldn’t mentally deal with or physically (legally) stop?..multiply that by a generation or two..

the exercise is also ‘similar’ not exact, to how you train a family pet into being an attack dog or a human to kill another human..

repeated psychological education -  brain washing! - social education/control!

from back in the day..

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the U.S., and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others."

“Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men."

I’m pretty stunned (not attacking anybody) I didn’t even think it was a question these days lollol I thought everyone knew the war on drugs was racist and profit controlling from the off :stoned:  

8 people like this