Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cj1987

Feeding schedule for autos

Hey guys, just about to start my first grow. Been doing lots of research got my set up in my head and going to start getting my stuff in. One thing I'm wondering is I'm planning on using PM old timer grow and bloom to start with, do you follow the amounts on a normal schedule or adjust for autos? Can't really seem to find much about this. Thanks

Depends on the medium you're starting with. A lot of soils for example normally have enough nutes already in them to last the a few weeks before you need to start adding grow. And some soils can be too hot (too nute ritch) for autos so be careful as autos don't leave with much room for mistakes.

Edited by Military Grade
2 people like this

Planning on starting with a very light soil for seedling then moving to PM soil. More meaning caus Iv read autos can be sensitive to nutes so wasn't sure if people stuck to 1ml/l etc ratios recommended on normal feeding schedules if that makes sense?

1 person likes this

I just noticed I didn't actually answer the main question here. I believe you normally give less than what is recommended for Photoperiods. :yep:

Sadly I can't give much more advice as I have a terrible history with autos, grown 6 stunned 5 lol

3 people like this

Hi @Cj1987, if you're going seed straight into final pot I'd recommend a light mix soil, if light mix isn't available then wash out a plug for middle of pot so it's not too hot, nutrient hot, as this can cause problems all the way through. I never give any feed for the first 2 to 3 weeks, then I'd start at least half the recommended dose and keep it low for a good few feeds, your plants are clever and you'll soon learn to spot the signs they give to you, good luck with your first grow, the first time you sit down with a joint/bowl/bong/vape/edible of something you have watched grow and nurture and oh man say goodbye to watching a film on TV, adverts are great breaks for having a quick look to see if they've grown any, then before you know it you've lost half hour just looking at your garden, sorry I waffle and reminisce of the early days, basically I know it's cliche but with autos less really is more, nothing for first few weeks then start quarter strength going up to half strength then by that point you should have looked at enough auto grow diaries and read a brain frying amount of information that you'll have more of an idea of your plants needs, hope it's helped, happy growing :)

9 people like this

It's an interesting one and one I've been messing around with over my last few grows (using PM soil supreme with 10% perlite and 20% coco) this last run seemed to produce the best results. What Ive found is I tend to "nurture" the plant through the first 14 days or so (small amount of water daily) and when I feel the plant is strong enough, go for my first proper water (to run off) and this is when I introduce some food (OT bloom) but only at 0.5 ml/l and also at this point watering becomes every 2-3 days but for every watering I up the feed by 0.5ml/l until either 1) you see a deficiency in the plant or 2) you get to the end of the grow cycle, at which point feed stops completely and I start to flush.

On this last run, the plant seemed to really like the feed and I got to 5ml/l at the end of the grow (which is the manufacturer recommended dose)

Edited by 5Lip
2 people like this