Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Whatwentwrong

A man is accused of killing his girl friend whilst in a cannabis induced rage

42 posts in this topic

Man 'killed girlfriend after eating cannabis cake'

Lauren Bloomer, 25, was stabbed more than 30 times and died at the couple's home in Tamworth, in November 2020.

Jake Notman denies murder, saying he did not form the necessary intent due to his mental state.

The prosecution said it was believed he had suffered an adverse reaction.

However, opening the case at Stafford Crown Court, prosecutor Deborah Gould said that did "not provide a defence" in law.

Ms Gould said university student Ms Bloomer had started recording on her phone "like something out of the movie Scream" after seeking advice on the internet about the "bad weed trip" suffered by her boyfriend.

The jury was told the near-17-minute audio recording "captured the moments leading up to, including and after the murder" in the early hours of 20 November at their home on Bingley Avenue.

It "shows the defendant as he began to attack" her, "at first with his bare hands", the court heard.

'Please help me'

"She was just trying to care for him in this state of being disordered through cannabis," Ms Gould said.

"At the start of the recording you will hear her laughing and the defendant accusing her of laughing at him."

Mr Notman, the court heard, became aggressive nine minutes into the recording, about a minute before his girlfriend is heard saying "please help me" to his aunt in a call on a second phone.

"The audio recorded Lauren's screams and it recorded her calls for help," Ms Gould told the jury.

She said Ms Bloomer "stops screaming" and the defendant "is then heard shouting 'I will never... see you again'."

The court was told Mr Notman was then heard saying "I am going to make sure", before the sound of a revving engine is heard, followed by a thud.

He was seen by neighbours as he ran over his partner's body, and took no steps to help her, before heading back into their house, the prosecution said.

The defendant dialled 999 at 01:32 GMT, telling the operator he had "been told I have killed my girlfriend".

Ms Gould said: "A disordered intention caused by self-induced ingestion of an intoxicant is as good as a sober intention."

Defence barrister Andrew Fisher QC said Mr Notman had suffered an "extreme florid psychiatric episode in the course of which he totally lost touch with reality and became wholly delusional".

The trial continues. 

Edited by Whatwentwrong

What kind of a cunt stabs his girlfriend 30 times and then runs her over would then blame a cannabis brownie for it.

i don’t think it helped her getting her phone out and recording him whilst he was having a whitey and I do think he’s bullshitting his excuse with the brownie.

trial continues, one to keep an eye on that. This twat has clearly put cannabis acceptance back a few years. Fucking cunt, I hope the prosecution smash him for this and get experts to say cannabis has never caused the same reaction in others so it’s just a bullshit excuse to avoid prison.

10 people like this

2 hours ago, Whatwentwrong said:

What kind of a cunt stabs his girlfriend 30 times and then runs her over would then blame a cannabis brownie for it.

sentencing damage limitation I would guess.

the (horrible) act has happened, so they will try and get a lesser sentence using the tools/rules of law shored up with .gov/media propaganda and enter a ‘cannabis psychosis’ plea and see what happens. 

It helps every bad actor involved and is a kick in the balls for the victim and the family and the 99.999% of cannabis smokers/growers that use a scientifically proven anti psychotic, anti inflammatory, non toxic weed for repair and relaxation because it’s so historically safe and effective..

9 people like this

As indicated above it's his way of attempting to deny responsibility and thereby justifying his actions to himself, notwithstanding playing the system, of course.   

They're fully aware of it within the justice system.  The media however, well they print things that serve an agenda and this is a case where they can sell a story that doesn't get to the reality, which is that this guy clearly has underlying personality issues that go way beyond the using of Cannabis.

His defence will not work with the judge that's for sure (unless that judge is a clown of course).

5 people like this

Unfortunately when cannabis and judges are involved clown is the default state usually 

7 people like this

What a disgraceful excuse for a human being :wanker:

2 people like this

Agreed on above statements , (What a unt):furious:

It’s a true piss take.

ive smoked weed everyday for twenty years. Smoked about 10-20 spliffs a day. (Don’t do the math it’s not good) and I have never felt the need to go kill an innocent person because I was stoned.

considering he was shouting allah Akbar at the time then you would have thought they could have done that guy for terrorism and just held him without a trial. Cunt

2 people like this

Have you got a source for that @Whatwentwrong?

Is that the full story they printed complete with sensationalist headline ?

Not much info in there about what he actually took

Just now, Degsy said:

Have you got a source for that @Whatwentwrong?

Is that the full story they printed complete with sensationalist headline ?

Not much info in there about what he actually took

It was on the bbc but I didn’t think I could post the link.

no, it has no info at all really “trial continues” I took to mean more to follow

here’s the link

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-59325877.amp

i may have added the thread title but the whole article was posted.

IS there no chance he ACTUALLY had a Psychotic break? Not a "whitey"?

I have had the worst bouts of Paranoi/deeply suspicious of other people and their motives on weed, more than any other drug i have taken in the past (hence i gave it up many years ago), so isnt it conceivable he had a full blown psychotic break and indeed did loose all touch with reality?

I get it doesnt happen often but in my life i feel i have been closer to that on Weed than any other drug.

£Even if he did im not sure stabbing someone 30 times THEN running her over in your car and actually stating the fact is enough to disuade them on premeditation.

JW

1 hour ago, JockWeed said:

IS there no chance he ACTUALLY had a Psychotic break? Not a "whitey"?

I have had the worst bouts of Paranoi/deeply suspicious of other people and their motives on weed, more than any other drug i have taken in the past (hence i gave it up many years ago), so isnt it conceivable he had a full blown psychotic break and indeed did loose all touch with reality?

I get it doesnt happen often but in my life i feel i have been closer to that on Weed than any other drug.

£Even if he did im not sure stabbing someone 30 times THEN running her over in your car and actually stating the fact is enough to disuade them on premeditation.

JW

There's a huge difference between a psychotic break, and intense paranoia. You don't feel like you're psychotic, the psychosis is reality. I've had amphetamine induced psychosis once and I wasn't aware that any thought was irrational or that shadow people I seen weren't real. A good nights sleep and it passed in my case luckily. I've had friends who where less lucky.

He could have had a psychotic break, but unless predisposed I doubt it would have been triggered by cannabis alone. More likely he's just using it as an excuse.

4 people like this

are we sure it was even cannabis in the edible?

4 people like this

That's an awful lot of activity after a brownie.

6 people like this