Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

MrGr33ngreen

White or Black Widow

130 posts in this topic

I had no idea White Widow was a 'thing'. It was everywhere when we were young; we use to buy bags and bags (little ones, we were young) of the stuff and I loved it. It was a really big smack around the face and quite a few whiteys were had by many.

It's really weird now I know it's not available anymore. I've never really thought about it in that context before.

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Keye said:

no idea White Widow was a 'thing'

Yes it was very popular. I remember there was a coffeeshop that sold bubble made from just Widow, I was young and foolish and believed them (maybe it was true). It was right at the heart of the red light district though so we had to walk through it. Not a very pleasant experience, especially when someone tried to stab me with a needle :ohmygod:

The hash was ok lol 

1 person likes this

Well over 15 years since I had a bit of good widow I did the g13 widow last year which was a nice enough smoke but it was in no way widow

2 people like this

Rather, I suppose I meant I didn't realise that its' passing was a 'thing'. It feels a bit like a mystery cut, like Cheese or whatever was being passed around as G13; the way it's talked about.

I'd never even thought about it like that; until I read this, here, and the other 'WW Search' thread, I just had this thought I'd never had in my mind that I could have bought some seeds at any point. I do wonder if all this nostalgia is a great thing. New types constantly coming forward is a pretty good market to be in, really. It's not like rollerblading.

I would like WW, though!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

On 25/07/2021 at 10:09 PM, bfehillbilly said:

Withnailed

Edited by MindSoup

What is Withnailed?

Posted (edited)

When you write out a long post and then pull it. 

Some people use it when it was just a short sentence. That's not s proper with nail. 

I'm not sure what the minimum word count is for it tbh. It was started by a member called Withnail (there's a film called withnail and I) 

Edited by KC
1 person likes this

I love the smell of nostalgia in the morning @Keye

;)

2 people like this

Just now, Phoenix said:

I love the smell of nostalgia in the morning @Keye

;)

Only it's not quite the same as it was . 

I've been around this same strain topic a few times ,and tried more than a few widow variants chasing the pre-98 or coffeeshop commercial clone . You probably won't find it in a seed plant. 

It's out there though ,in the underworld so hold tough .Maybe good things come to those who wait ,from others more patient and eager to source the treasure .

2 people like this

28 minutes ago, Michael Luchóg said:

Only it's not quite the same as it was . 

I've been around this same strain topic a few times ,and tried more than a few widow variants chasing the pre-98 or coffeeshop commercial clone . You probably won't find it in a seed plant. 

It's out there though ,in the underworld so hold tough .Maybe good things come to those who wait ,from others more patient and eager to source the treasure .

She was the first i ever grew!   A real gem.

I can remember two of my mates came round to sample it, bearing in mind, good hash had all but gone, and saying fucking hell boys thats strong.

I got no reply from either. Vocally anyhow.

Good times.

Could be a kinda freaky, heavy stone, but not para and itchy.  

My clones at the time came from the same land mass as yersel, but over the border im told.

;)

4 people like this

Thanks KC now I know oh shit I just did it again lol

1 person likes this

On 7/23/2021 at 11:23 PM, latigid aikon said:

In my experience you wont find anything that resembles proper white widow that was available prior to 2004.

I'm currently growing Old Widow 90's from Old School Genetics which does seem to be real white widow but he took a WW clone from the 90's and S1'd it so they're obviously not regs.

How are we doing?

It should be dry by now, I've been waiting anxiously for a smoke report.  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I grew a White Widow run (circa. 2002) from a clone handed to me by a friend. I also grew some White Widow (Feminised) from seed a few years ago (Brazillian/Indian Cross apparently) not the same, but actually quite good.

large.widow.JPG

Edited by Lux_Interior
Found a photo of the plants
3 people like this

14 hours ago, Phillybonker said:

How are we doing?

It should be dry by now, I've been waiting anxiously for a smoke report.  

You're even less patient than me lol

I wouldn't call it dry but I have had a sneaky early sample.

It's really nice, nicer than all my dry cured weed, even though it's barely dry enough to combust!

When it's actually dry and I've got some more time I'll go into more detail.

5 people like this

13 hours ago, latigid aikon said:

You're even less patient than me lol

I wouldn't call it dry but I have had a sneaky early sample.

It's really nice, nicer than all my dry cured weed, even though it's barely dry enough to combust!

When it's actually dry and I've got some more time I'll go into more detail.

What is your other cured weed and how long has it been curing?