Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lancaster8

Does anyone ever have any success with autos?

82 posts in this topic

Only do one run a year, over winter as I just can't keep ideal temps unless running lights 24/7.

This year I did DP 2 night queen, crit orange punch and 2 daiquiri limes.

The daiquiriimes, despite going to 105 days yielded 750g between them. 

Total crop was 1050g.

Used 400 HP's, 315 CMH in a 120*120 using Canna and coir in 3 gallon fabric pots. Never went above 1.2 feeding...

Just under 1.5 g a watt.

Autos have come a long way. Not as strong as photos but satisfy a need for some of us.

This winter coming I will run the auto jack's from @highgrower. Looking forward to those..

Edited by M Pamplemousse
Spelling
6 people like this

Only ever done one, yeilded 85g but the genetics we're fucking horrible. I have heard great things about Dinafem & Mephisto.

sounds good brother

1 hour ago, M Pamplemousse said:

Only do one run a year, over winter as I just can't keep ideal temps unless running lights 24/7.

This year I did DP 2 night queen, crit orange punch and 2 daiquiri limes.

The daiquiriimes, despite going to 105 days yielded 750g between them. 

Total crop was 1050g.

Used 400 HP's, 315 CMH in a 120*120 using Canna and coir in 3 gallon fabric pots. Never went above 1.2 feeding...

Just under 1.5 g a watt.

Autos have come a long way. Not as strong as photos but satisfy a need for some of us.

This winter coming I will run the auto jack's from @highgrower. Looking forward to those..

Nice result at 1.5g/w

Just a quick note that the black jacks autos are a cross with regular so wont be auto - they were a first step in some auto seed making but needed some males - some maybe quick finishers but not auto.

1 person likes this

42 minutes ago, highgrower said:

Nice result at 1.5g/w

Just a quick note that the black jacks autos are a cross with regular so wont be auto - they were a first step in some auto seed making but needed some males - some maybe quick finishers but not auto.

I did wonder. Thanks for the clarification. So will.need 12/12 to finish? Not an issue as I'm now totally into sub seeds. Have 7 packs now of different varieties. And I still have some do autos left over from last run. But I'm hoping to avoid buying seeds from anywhere but here now....

3 hours ago, M Pamplemousse said:

I did wonder. Thanks for the clarification. So will.need 12/12 to finish? Not an issue as I'm now totally into sub seeds. Have 7 packs now of different varieties. And I still have some do autos left over from last run. But I'm hoping to avoid buying seeds from anywhere but here now....

Yea they will need to be under 12/12 to flower.

1 person likes this

Autos have come on so much in potency and yield that I only do autos now. Dutch Passion, Sweet Seeds, Dinafem and 420 Fast Buds have some insane auto genetics. My first coco grow was with photos which turned out OK but the last ten cycles have been over 1g per w with autos using 1000w. Check out Blackpoolbouncer diaries of autos in soil, inspirational stuff. 

7 people like this

On 26/03/2021 at 5:57 PM, Lancaster8 said:

A few years back, I tried growing some autos and I gave up as i thought the results were really pathetic.  I have just recently bought a dozen or so seeds of all different varieties and I thought I'd have another go. 

So far, out of 10 seeds planted to date, I have got:

1. One plant that is 2 feet tall and covered in flowers. 

2. Another that germinated on the same day is 2" tall and doing nothing. 

3. About 4" tall and looking pathetic.

4. About 4" tall and looking pathetic.

5. About 4" tall and looking pathetic.

6. About 4" tall and looking pathetic.

7. Germinated upside down, and died after being adjusted.

8. Germinated upside down, and died after being adjusted.

9. Failed to germinate.

10. Failed to germinate.

They are all being treated identically, but honestly, it just isn't worth the bother.  I am going back to normal plants.

I see people on You Tube with giant Autos, and I simply cannot fathom how on earth they grow them.

I'm the same first time doing autos and rubbish results 1 plant only had 13 g I gone back to my g13 haze 12 weeks flowering but better results by far

1 person likes this

Just now, Grow lady said:

I'm the same first time doing autos and rubbish results 1 plant only had 13 g I gone back to my g13 haze 12 weeks flowering but better results by far

I'm still growing autos at the present time, and am getting slightly better results.  I am not doing anything different to before - but I am now thinking that it is very dependent on varieties.  The ones I am growing now seem to be doing reasonably well. Currently, I am growing Seed Stockers of various types, and I would be inclined to buy more of the same in the future.  You will still always get greater yields from traditional plants, but with electricity prices going up, I am trying to save money by using a little tent instead of my big ones with powerful lights.

1 person likes this

Keep going autos are a piece of piss to grow, saying that there all I’ve grown so far but the result have been good for me

large.4ED47B7A-27E0-4E6E-B5B8-26AFAF2BE2DD.jpeglarge.B4C64471-E3AF-475D-B8DB-5FA0BB26B9E9.jpeglarge.627A116B-E8E0-4015-9C0E-46793BE401AF.jpeglarge.CE8A9163-8266-46D7-867F-E0CFB1FE9D19.jpeg

Good luck :yep:

8 people like this

What variety are you growing Wooden Monkey?  From what I have seen, some varieties grow really well and others do not.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Lancaster8 said:

What variety are you growing Wooden Monkey?  From what I have seen, some varieties grow really well and others do not.  Thanks.

So far I’ve tried Sensei Sseds, Dutch Passion, Sweet Seeds and Barney’s. I use the paper towel method and have virtually 100% success. The only time I’ve had issues was a strain called Blue Bullet, only got 1 out of 5 seeds to pop but think it was the seeds

my advice is get the biggest pot you can get and I’ve had far better results from growing organic than from bottle nutes

Good luck sure you’ll get there :yep:

2 people like this

17 hours ago, Wooden Monkey said:

Keep going autos are a piece of piss to grow, saying that there all I’ve grown so far but the result have been good for me

large.4ED47B7A-27E0-4E6E-B5B8-26AFAF2BE2DD.jpeglarge.B4C64471-E3AF-475D-B8DB-5FA0BB26B9E9.jpeglarge.627A116B-E8E0-4015-9C0E-46793BE401AF.jpeglarge.CE8A9163-8266-46D7-867F-E0CFB1FE9D19.jpeg

Looking good there but mine nothing to them a main stem then about 4 arms not good yields I stick to my h13 haze for now yours Looking amazing mybe it's the lights different 

1 person likes this

On 27/03/2021 at 0:59 AM, zaaboot_1 said:

My first time with autos, popping a seed every couple of weeks so I crop a plant every couple. First run - doubt I will go back to photo unless the cutting is a ripper or rare. 
large.0AAC7C38-6605-4A1F-97B0-6C1B27FC84CB.jpeg

they are very tough - these are the first run for me with autos - many many screw ups but they have bounced back and carry on. 

cheers

I hate autos yeald rubbish I got 13g a plant photos all the way for me now just the waits a killer 13 weeks flowering some but worth it

On 12/12/2021 at 7:47 PM, Wooden Monkey said:

I think that the light is alot to do with it also nice plants you got happy growing 

1 person likes this