Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hogro

Blue Ice OG

So I’m just flipping a few of these but have a question... The description reads below, I’ve never allowed my plants to ever get near 12degrees lights off, but to get the full “effect” would it be safe to turn the heater off and drop from 20degrees lights off to 12 or will this impact the growth and yield? 

“Blue Ice OG is the result of the crossing of two of the most legendary and recognised genetics in the world.

It is an explosion of unique flavours that only the crossing of these two genetics can give you. We speak of a very vigorous and robust plant with thick and very strong stems, dense buds and full of crystals.

In cold climates, where the temperature at night does not exceed 12 degrees offers an explosion of blue and purple tones that makes it a beautiful plant full of colours in its flowering.

It is a plant not very large, but if very robust, it is perfect for crops where there is not much height, it is very easy to grow and not need much care.

The strong, intense, lasting and very relaxing effect is perfect for those moments of life where you just have to relax and enjoy.”

Colours come from genetics and deficiencies. 

Genetics wise, colours will show or they wont.

Deficiencies which can result in purpley hues can be caused by a number of issues. For example; low temperatures stop even the most well fed plants from absorbing phosphorus from the soil.  

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Colours come from genetics and deficiencies. 

Genetics wise, colours will show or they wont.

Deficiencies which can result in purpley hues can be caused by a number of issues. For example; low temperatures stop even the most well fed plants from absorbing phosphorus from the soil.  

Yeah I understand... but with the description detailing a temp of 12 degrees bring the colour out is this advisable or will this stunt growth / Yield or cause any other issues?

cheers 

12 minutes ago, Hogro said:

Yeah I understand... but with the description detailing a temp of 12 degrees bring the colour out is this advisable or will this stunt growth / Yield or cause any other issues?

At 12 degrees your plant will not be taking up phosphorus as well as it would at warmer temps (less yield) and suffering from numerous other issues. 

If the seed company is suggesting going down to 12 degrees - stay very clear from that seed company. You might hear that plants survive out in 12 degree temps but they won't do as well as they would with the recommended (at least) 18+ degrees c to thrive. 

Edited by Nervous
1 person likes this

@Hogro Did you take any pics or have a dairy?, or if not can you tell us about the flavours and effects?

I bought one of these with one of my order's, Be great to here from someone who has grown it.:yep:

Edited by Military Grade
1 person likes this

On 11/01/2021 at 0:45 AM, Military Grade said:

@Hogro Did you take any pics or have a dairy?, or if not can you tell us about the flavours and effects?

I bought one of these with one of my order's, Be great to here from someone who has grown it.:yep:

Sorry for the late reply fella!! 

Unfortunately not this time, really wish I had though.! I try not to keep any pictures now days but will start again, I’m trying a few more of the new strains soon!

for me it was a solid 8/10 grow, really easy and forgiving (had a few hiccups along the grow)..! A lovely sort of Lemon / berry sweet smell with a long but not powerful high. The flavour was so smooth I had to order some more seeds!

perfect day high for me, think it has 10-15% THC with a very good yield

i certainly recommend it to anyone who’s not wanting a knockout coachlovk strain.

1 person likes this

29 minutes ago, Hogro said:

Sorry for the late reply fella!! 

Unfortunately not this time, really wish I had though.! I try not to keep any pictures now days but will start again, I’m trying a few more of the new strains soon!

for me it was a solid 8/10 grow, really easy and forgiving (had a few hiccups along the grow)..! A lovely sort of Lemon / berry sweet smell with a long but not powerful high. The flavour was so smooth I had to order some more seeds!

perfect day high for me, think it has 10-15% THC with a very good yield

i certainly recommend it to anyone who’s not wanting a knockout coachlovk strain.

Thanks for the reply mate. Sounds like it ticks all the boxs I was hoping for when I bought it.:yep:

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, Military Grade said:

Thanks for the reply mate. Sounds like it ticks all the boxs I was hoping for when I bought it.:yep:

I’ve ordered some Gelato.OG and some strawberry banana grape for the next lot :skin_up:

1 person likes this

On 31/01/2021 at 11:03 PM, Military Grade said:

large.AF49D941-DE93-4209-B85A-97013F305016.jpeglarge.9A239D09-9283-4C67-96F7-2C2217A3B4BF.jpeglarge.86282238-E7EC-4D48-8CE2-797B6D375606.jpeglarge.6DD417BD-7BE3-4A3C-83EC-62E1ED2029BE.jpeg

forgot I had these take a look 

1 person likes this

@Hogro She looks lovely:yep:

1 person likes this

Just now, Military Grade said:

@Hogro She looks lovely:yep:

You’ll love em fella 

I think they mean 12 deg outdoors in the ground in autumn time. Pretty sure the ground will hokd more warmth than indoor pots