Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

bongme

Doctor Warns Brothers That The Use Of Marijuana Is Negatively Affecting Their Brains

958 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, mrrichiet said:

This is all very polarised. Let's face it, there is a good side and a bad side. Use of cannabis is OK, abuse of it is not. 

Very good, what he said.

13 minutes ago, The Pharm said:

In the UK we use the term force. If we must administer emergency care regardless of disability or not, if they do not have the capacity (due to head injury, unconsciousness, disability) and its within their best interest, I will administer that care as appropriate and have done on many occasion. Regardless of their 'liberty' a life hangs in the balance.

Someone with disability needs some time and attention, they need to be given a way of understanding what it is that they require, if they aren't in critical danger I will provide them with that time and reasoning so they or their parents/carers can consent.

Thanks for the info. :)

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, LA LUNA said:

Thats the thing though @Nervous pharm said "i have researched cannabis more than anyone on here" in one post then " THCA and CBD are psychoactive compounds you become dependent on" in an other.

You know nervous THCA and CBD are not psycoactive dont you ? Not like THC  THCV etc, but then question us for not believing or trusting everything he says ?

Honestly nervous, having a bonafide medical professional on the site would be great for advice and information! But not if hes misinformed or biggoted like most GPs are ! Just because we dont have PhD's doesnt mean we shouldnt question and challenge his views.

I'm not a GP anymore, CBD is psychoactive, but nonpsychotropic. This means it doesn't have an intoxicating effect. THCA when activated is an intoxicant.

1 hour ago, Nervous said:

@bartman you've gone from attacking Pharma, to attacking doctors to attacking science. What's next? Humans in general? Let me help: we're all humans, prone to making mistakes and our own consciousnesses are fallible so someone could potentially have made a mistake here or there and nothing you have ever heard or read in your entire life is true. There's a word for this kind of logic, and despite it escaping me it's embarrassing to have to deal with it.  

I did say and have heard Jeff say remission, and if you want me to use an alternative figure to substantiate the use of the word "cure" then look no further than Rick Simpson (running from the cure). Although, my point still stands. Neither Jeff or Rick know enough about the thousands of kinds of cancer to say it can even treat "it" (when "it" is actually a diverse profile of issues).

Some people are like that, believe it or not people come to the hospital and behave in the same way. 

1 hour ago, bartman said:

not with my health, sorry.

Complacency.

1 hour ago, Nervous said:

So when you're complaining about how various entities conspire to vilify cannabis, be that Pharma, doctors or science generally which by and large involves people paying for research to show cannabis in a negative light...

...you seem to think that studies designed and paid for by pro cannabis supporters can hold more weight? 

You can't have it both ways, boss ;) 

Thankfully this illustrates my point about bias, not being able to spot the bullshit because you haven't been trained to.. among other things. Along with that and the insults I'm more than happy to stop replying to you here :) 

Okay, in medical school they do not teach us directly about cannabis. We are taught how drugs work, whether they are available for prescription or not. Doctors have a neutral-negative view of cannabis as they know exactly how cannabis works within the brain and what damage it could cause. Medical studies that are carried out by independent and medical institutions are non-biased evidence.

6 minutes ago, The Pharm said:

You couldn't be further form the truth. 

no honest guv. I actually do like it. honest i do. lol 

2 people like this

Just now, The Pharm said:

Some people are like that, believe it or not people come to the hospital and behave in the same way. 

I often hear the other end of it from clients. Apparently some people come to nutritionists because they've abandoned perfectly good medical advice lol 

1 person likes this

45 minutes ago, LA LUNA said:

@Nervous sorry to quote my own post but i was hoping for a reply ?????

I cleared the before but you need to understand the science to know how they affect the brain or not, doing a quick google search isn't going to do justice.

22 minutes ago, Flamedodger said:

So how do you explain the way in which certain states and Canada have legalised its use medically through dispensaries? It’s been widely reported that issuing of cannabis prescriptions in the UK has been dreadfully slow. From what I’ve read it’s due to this overarching need for NIHR clinical trials and a lack of training. Alfie Dingle’s plight forced through its use as a medicine, yet he has only recently been issued a repeat prescription. 

Thats a decision they made and justified, they may have legalised to to open the doors for additional research at the expense of its patients, although this is an assumption. 

2 minutes ago, The Pharm said:

Doctors have a neutral-negative view of cannabis as they know exactly how cannabis works within the brain and what damage it could cause.

No they don't. Nobody knows EXACTLY how the brain works, never mind how cannabis (or any other drug) works within it. To claim otherwise is not just untrue, it's fucking absurd.

11 people like this

2 minutes ago, Boojum said:

No they don't. Nobody knows EXACTLY how the brain works, never mind how cannabis (or any other drug) works within it. To claim otherwise is not just untrue, it's fucking absurd.

To say that we don't know everything so we shouldn't say anything is err... counterproductive? 

Others have said science is flawed because it changes. That is it's very nature, as technology advances so must our ideas. It's not a flaw, it's progress. 

Edited by Nervous

Just now, Nervous said:

To say that we don't know everything so we shouldn't say anything is err... counterproductive? 

Who's the troll now ? lol He's not saying that at all.

2 people like this

Just now, Nervous said:

To say you know everything when you don't is err... dishonest at best and hubris at worst ;)

4 people like this

18 minutes ago, Nervous said:

I often hear the other end of it from clients. Apparently some people come to nutritionists because they've abandoned perfectly good medical advice lol 

Its a strange cycle