Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ItainteazyE

Can i check trichomes when lights are off

I've got a loupe with a white light on it, was thinking of going into tent and checking trichs while lights are off.. would this cause stress to the plants by putting a white light so close to the buds during lights off? Thank you

Not if you're quick man... Easier with the light on though, no?

1 person likes this

Might be using HPS.

I open the tent up 5 minutes before lights on time and do my little faffing around then.

2 people like this

23 minutes ago, catweazle1 said:

Might be using HPS.

You can still check under HPS... Makes no real difference, I've never not been able to see clearly anyway. Maybe I've ate too many carrots or not tugged off enough. Who knows? :yinyang:

1 person likes this

I found that taking a close up photo with my phone in the dark, Takes a really great pictures, after you can zoom in and see all those trikes. I've found it really tricky to get in there with a jewelers loop. Samsung s9 works great.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, ben42 said:

I've found it really tricky to get in there with a jewelers loop

Hold the loupe close to your eye and move the plant/your head instead of the loupe... Also, get at least a 50x magnification.

1 minute ago, npx2020 said:

Hold the loupe close to your eye and move the plant/your head instead of the loupe... Also, get at least a 50x magnification.

Yes but i cant lean over 4 plants, and i really don't fancy moving my plants, so i turn the light off for a sec and take picture's with flash on. I have a jewelers loop x30, x60, x90, but the phone is easier and far higher detail.

6 hours ago, npx2020 said:

You can still check under HPS... Makes no real difference, I've never not been able to see clearly anyway. Maybe I've ate too many carrots or not tugged off enough. Who knows? :yinyang:

Good for you. Not everbodys eyes are the same.

53 minutes ago, catweazle1 said:

Good for you. Not everbodys eyes are the same.

Well in mate, very constructive. Back to your cave man.

39 minutes ago, npx2020 said:

Well in mate, very constructive. Back to your cave man.

You are the one that's negative. I merely offered a possibility and you took it with a glass half empty. Never mind, go and have a toke.

Edited by catweazle1
1 person likes this

@ItainteazyE

Go for it bud, I've done those hundreds of times and never noticed any adverse affects. Think it's more the pro longed light leaks to be wary about. Like day light or artificial light leaking through your zips or passives for example during lights off.