Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Shortie

1 droopy plant. help needed

20 posts in this topic
12 minutes ago, Shortie said:

Will do 

Just noticed you say the roots are still in the pots, I've never used a wilma so unsure if they progress into the res?

If not then 3 feeds a day might be too much, try once lights on then again a couple of hours before lights off, see if there's any difference.

Res temps won't be quite so critical if the roots aren't submerged in there all the time.

2 people like this

yeah, sorry Stus right, roots wont be in the res,

im just used to working with rdwc, so ignore my last post , temps should be ok for res. 

2 people like this

6 hours ago, stu914 said:

Just noticed you say the roots are still in the pots, I've never used a wilma so unsure if they progress into the res?

If not then 3 feeds a day might be too much, try once lights on then again a couple of hours before lights off, see if there's any difference.

Res temps won't be quite so critical if the roots aren't submerged in there all the time.

The roots do eventually progress a bit into the res but not til they're really mature

1 person likes this

Always best feeding less and if the plants look hungry up the ec a bit. I learnt that in my first grow or two in the Wilma system. I try and keep it around 1.0 ec but when well into flower I gradually raise it to around 1.6/1.8 and then slowly lower it towards the end. 

it can all depend on the phenos too, one might be hungry whereas the other might be burning etc. 

I have the pump on a timer going 15mins every 2 hours during lights on. Always done it this way from start to finish, never had any problems with overwatering as the clay balls/pebbles don’t really retain moisture.

Oh and if the roots eventually grow down into the res, best getting an air stone or two as the roots submerged in water needs oxygen 

Good luck buddy

1 person likes this

Keep an eye on an airstone in the res,it may raise the ph.

1 person likes this