Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jester29uk

removing lower branches

Morning gents

So i have three autos currently just past the pre-flowering lots of white pistle bobs in the bud regions....the question i have is ....is it ok to remove the lower branches that are likely to be blocked from the higher canopy?.  Im thinking the plant is going to prioritise the higher branches anyway as they are more exposed to the light source so if i was to remove the lower ones would this likely shock the plant?.  Or would it be better to just leave them be until chop?.

thanks

With autos I`m sure its best to leave them,anything not getting enough light just tuck the leaves in and let the light through but dont go hacking at them.Leave them be :yep:

Tenchie.

1 person likes this

@jester29uk hi bro, personally I wouldn’t cut off the branches from an auto. Only reason is they don’t have a long life span from seed to harvest so maybe to much of a shock might not recover in time to help. But I’m not an experienced grower at all, I’m currently in process of vegging my autos. 
why not try some LST on the big main branches try open them a bit and let the lower buds get the light they need. Will be much more benefits I bet when u can smoke the lower buds knowing they’ve had more light that usual.

Hope all goes well whatever u decide bro ✌️

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, TheDawgWalker said:

@jester29uk hi bro, personally I wouldn’t cut off the branches from an auto. Only reason is they don’t have a long life span from seed to harvest so maybe to much of a shock might not recover in time to help. But I’m not an experienced grower at all, I’m currently in process of vegging my autos. 
why not try some LST on the big main branches try open them a bit and let the lower buds get the light they need. Will be much more benefits I bet when u can smoke the lower buds knowing they’ve had more light that usual.

Hope all goes well whatever u decide bro ✌️

Yeah trouble is my tend does not have the needed area space for big wide plants.  Ill just let them do their thing i guess should still finish up with decent yield as i dont normally do big grows anyway.  ta.

1 person likes this

@jester29uk yeah they will still grow nicely bro. This is currently my first grow I’m doing so won’t be doing the LST myself on this one but will maybe tie some bigger branches to open slightly to let the light down. 
Yield should still be good tho if u leave them be as well. 
Good Luck bro ✌️

1 person likes this