Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LWD

Bit of steering on teas and soil please

Hi all
Still waiting to be able to move to my new house, got the missus sending me pics of the future spare room, so still sitting here hyping up surrounded by boxed up kit.  Wuhan!  Got ya all in check.

I'm going the route of Plant Magic Supreme soil, biobizz nutes as needed.  I did want to go straight in to full on organic but really, let's just get a successful grow in first.  Got a bit of weaker stuff for the starting pots too.
I'm very interested in compost teas though - caught my imagination, appeals to my wider sense of whatever it is.  I have a worm farm.  I've guerilla planted oak trees.  You get me.
Just wondered if I could safely play with compost teas while feeding biobizz grow and bloom?

Also, even if just for future - would chicken manure pellets (dried, brand name, from a shop) be ok in the "tea bag"?  I'm thinking it'd be great for the microbes but can't find anyone else using anything other than bat or worm poo.  It feels like chicken pellets are used more for outdoor grows, but it'll be the bacteria not the actual manure I'm pouring on... or so I understand?

I know the real answer is "effin leave it mate, tomorite and be done with", but any other thoughts even to understand why not, would be good to hear... I obviously really want to do it!  Swear I'm open to sense though.

thanks all

1 person likes this

I'd leave the chicken pellets for outdoors, you can add kelp meal and molasses to the list though that will be good. I haven't used any teas this run but will be experimenting a bit more next time I might even make a soil mix and only use teas and top dressing.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

53 minutes ago, UKsFinest said:

I'd leave the chicken pellets for outdoors, you can add kelp meal and molasses to the list though that will be good. I haven't used any teas this run but will be experimenting a bit more next time I might even make a soil mix and only use teas and top dressing.

that's helpful mate thanks, and I'll keep eye out in case you post about it in future.

Cheers Jimboo, checking that out now, it interests me greatly.

edit - 2 mins later, find out my bucket will be an "airlift bioreactor" oh golly

Edited by LWD

First grow. Stick to one thing. 

Keep it simple.

5 people like this

On 5/18/2020 at 7:24 AM, blackpoolbouncer said:

First grow. Stick to one thing. 

Keep it simple.

After a few days study I reckon so mate, I've a feeling your words would be ringing in my ears before long.

1 person likes this