Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Loudini33

Any ideas on how good the yield is with Humboldts Chocolate Mint OG

55 posts in this topic

Also any information on how stable these genetics are thanks

It has maybe a 50% Hermie rate. I would go for something else personally. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Asterion said:

That's shocking for a seed released from such a big firm if true. 

@HSO-Mark do you know about this? 

4 people like this

2 hours ago, Asterion said:

I would suggest that is a load of horse shit,

I have personally grow this strain three times from seed, not a bollok to be seen.

Yeah I have seen the odd Ballbag whilst browsing the diary’s over the years but 50% I think not buddy. 

Is this from your own personal experience @Asterion or did you read it somewhere, if so where?  So we can all have a look.

Jj :g:

6 people like this

There are a few posts online mentioning this. One on here actually. 

From personal experience, 1 in 4 hermied for me. Knew from the start it probably would because of the whorled phyllotaxy. 

4 people like this

How stable is your environment? Some strains are more sensitive but the key here really is a stable and stress free environment :hippy:

The smoke is top notch btw :yep:

4 people like this

Yes I have grown cmog diary on here for you and environment is not in question nor are light leaks. My flower tent is always going and in the past 2 years only 1 strain Hermied on me on 2 separate occasions. Cmog, plenty of diaries with said strain going Hermie aswell.

Like a conveyor belt my style of grow 1 out 1 in nothing changes but the strain from 1 grow to the next. :hippy:

4 people like this

18 hours ago, Asterion said:

I agree @Jibba jabba I say that’s a bold picked from the air estimate mate, 50%. Come on really, I have grown this strain an read diaries on it, I not had any hermies in mine, but as you say others have (but 50% come on) 

An as already stated, a steady environment is more important than ppl realise to some strain’s more than others, but to just come on here basically calling a sponsor 50% hermie on Cmog without proper research is too much, sure any strain can hermie, but whose fault was it really, mmmm

I have hermie’d a few supposedly steady strain’s when learning an after, all from enviro problems that just got by me. (silly mistakes are made everyday)

@Loudini33if you got steady enviro give the Cmog a chance, real good toke. Probably my favourite so far.

Good luck with whatever you choose...

Posted (edited)

@HSO-Mark has already said it has had a lot of hermie reports, including from me. He told me he has "reported this to the breed team mate as it's occurring way to often for my liking" so he is aware and trying to get something done about it :yep:  I'd agree with 50% hermie at least from the recent grows I've seen. 

E2A these plants look sweet apart from the odd male flower lol Gonna chop on in a week or so - I'll let you know if it has seeds :unsure:

Edited by frankie-smiles
2 people like this

6 hours ago, Amo said:

I agree @Jibba jabba I say that’s a bold picked from the air estimate mate, 50%. Come on really, I have grown this strain an read diaries on it, I not had any hermies in mine, but as you say others have (but 50% come on) 

An as already stated, a steady environment is more important than ppl realise to some strain’s more than others, but to just come on here basically calling a sponsor 50% hermie on Cmog without proper research is too much, sure any strain can hermie, but whose fault was it really, mmmm

I have hermie’d a few supposedly steady strain’s when learning an after, all from enviro problems that just got by me. (silly mistakes are made everyday)

@Loudini33if you got steady enviro give the Cmog a chance, real good toke. Probably my favourite so far.

Good luck with whatever you choose...

I have several diaries you can pick through the only 1 that isn't complete .cmog you may blame my environment all you wish. It's 100% the strain. You come here saying iv done no research and calling a sponsor .....:wallbash:

If you had took the time to research page 14 of my diary you would not have piped up at all lol. 

What does hso being a sponsor have to do with the ops question of cmog stability? Baffled by that 1 I really am. Doesn't make any difference to the stability of a strain does it? If breeders out there have some unstable strains maybe you should sponsor uk420 it will sort out those Hermie problems for you lol....no.

Before you reply if you do just know this... I don't have a single issue with hso great company with great customer service hsomark spends a great deal of time on this forum and I appreciate that. That customer care is actually the reason I mainly grow hso strains I'm not in any way shape or form against hso lol.

But if I told the op cmog stability isn't in question I would have been a liar. I'm not prepared to do so I'm afraid so suck it up cmog is currently unstable :bangin:  @Loudini33 like yourself I do single plant grows a Hermie to us isnt just a drop in yield it's the end of the grow back to the starting line is that a risk your willing to take is the only thing that matters  in this case don't let other growers saying a sound environment is all you need to guarantee no hermies because they are wrong lol. 

Environmental issues are the main reason for hermies but it's not the only reason they can happen in any environment and I challenge any grower reading this to prove me wrong. You have all seen Hermies in capable growers diaries before ain't ya ? :yinyang:

4 people like this

Environmental changes as unnoticeable as a couple of °c fluctuation in intake temperature are pretty much unavoidable for most of us..that is enough to casue hermies in sensitive strains. Also topping, cropping and general training casue plants to throw a tantrum. Again, most of us do this. 

Agreed, maybe HSO should have worked on stabilising cmog some more to ensure grow rooms/setups of all standards can successfully grow it.. 

To the OP, how about sapphire scout? Bloody rocket fuel and even I mannaged to grow it without nanas :yep: 

Erb :yinyang:

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

@Asterionmate you have took that a lil too personal, I was only saying you was a bit blunt with your answer, basically righting a strain off from your own experience with it, a more relaxed informative answer was needed, stating your problems but to check out other diaries as they haven’t had hermies.

An chill out on the pipping up statement, nobody asked you to pipe in originally, you just piped, an I didn’t blame your environment, I stated how important it can be to some plants, don’t be so touchy, an if your baffled by your statement abt the strain effecting the breeder (sponsor) then I can’t help with that, as it’s pretty obvious.

An I wasn’t the first to mention this to you, but you go mad with your answer to me, no probs I’ll leave the stage to you.

I wasn’t saying you was having a go at HSO but your short blunt answer did read that way. 
An I’m like yourself, small one or two plant grows at a time, hermies matter to me too, as you say a grow destroyer. Maybe I have just been lucky with Cmog.

anyway :yinyang:

@Loudini33i hope you choose well, an don’t get thrown by this tit for tat shit, HSO is mainly a very solid performer, best to read a few different diaries.

Edited by Amo

Posted (edited)

ive grown this once, I did 6 of them and 3 hermied on me, so yeah  - 50% rate isn't far away.

these were 3 weeks into bloom then suddenly boom, bollox everywhere.

none of the other plants in the room showed any signs of stress, or bollox for that matter

I don't have light leaks or environment problems.

but the plants that I did finish were outstanding.

if im honest tho, I wouldn't do it again, just because of the hermie issues, which is a shame, because it is a top notch smoke, probably one of the frostiest plants ive done

Edited by badbillybob
6 people like this

Not taking anything as an insult mate @Amo I'm the peaceful kind just fighting the case for my point if that makes sense. If you had looked at my diary though on page 14 it's confirmed by hso mark that there is certainly a problem with cmog. Debate could have ended there I wasn't just putting out a random plucked from the air number. It really is happening alot with the strain. And people always blame environment etc but its not always the case. 

And sponsor or not if a strain is unstable it's unstable.

6 people like this

i just popped a couple of these, gutted to read about hermie issues, looks like they will have to go out in the garden.

2 people like this