Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

zmc10

Vertical Grow Experiment

Whatsup everybody,

I have been watching these threads lately and decided to join the community. 

I have never grown, but with this covid thing i decided to make try my best. 

I got 6 seeds ( 5 quick one ) and 1 ( royal cheese ) all automatic.

I will be experimenting a vertical scrog, with 400W in the middle and all 6 plants around it. 

For veg time, they will be sitting by the windows and on the roof of my building, since i have access to a hidden area where the sun reaches most of the time. I am living in the last floor so i have windows on the roof.

Soon i will be uploading pics to keep you guys updated.

Do you guys think that 400W will be enough ?

And what is the sun light equivalent to ? Like, 7 hours of sun are better than 12 of 400W ? or how is it linked ?

Best regards

2 people like this

400w will be fine, if you’re able to maintain good temps and air flow 

more light the better for autos as they start to flower at a set point of days rather than light/dark changes. 

For the sun light anytime from about 5am to 9pm, then inside for the rest. But to be honest taking a plant from inside and putting out side may mean bringing pests into the grow space in doors and no doubt you will bang buds etc when moving them.

Toke. 

Edited by tokenroll
1 person likes this

On 4/23/2020 at 1:43 PM, zmc10 said:

Whatsup everybody,

I have been watching these threads lately and decided to join the community. 

I have never grown, but with this covid thing i decided to make try my best. 

I got 6 seeds ( 5 quick one ) and 1 ( royal cheese ) all automatic.

I will be experimenting a vertical scrog, with 400W in the middle and all 6 plants around it. 

For veg time, they will be sitting by the windows and on the roof of my building, since i have access to a hidden area where the sun reaches most of the time. I am living in the last floor so i have windows on the roof.

Soon i will be uploading pics to keep you guys updated.

Do you guys think that 400W will be enough ?

And what is the sun light equivalent to ? Like, 7 hours of sun are better than 12 of 400W ? or how is it linked ?

Best regards

Are you growing in soil or hydro?
I am newbie and looking for a vertical option but use soil.
Thank you