Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

FARMER G

Solventless Hash with Farmer G

265 posts in this topic
18 minutes ago, growinggold said:

Did my first attempt at using the bubble bags last night, little disappointed tbh. It took 3 hours on my own and it was right struggle if I'm honest. Back breaking hard work, an extra set of hands would be so much easier. Granted I did use my first ever low grade harvest and couple jars popcorn from several different plants. I had time to do two wash's and I poured the water down the bath it was still golden and had more thc in which I could've washed again I think. So wasted material there :( plus the yield was pretty wankk tbh. Anyway I'll chalk this down as learning experience. If I do this again I will make sure to have ton of frozen trim next time and not just only one jar of shit low grade bud. I will also make sure I have a helper. Holding and trying to scrap the bubble off alone is to hard. Frenchy makes it look seriously easy and it just isn't imo. Props to that gut a true master of the art. 

I've left little bubble I do have from my two basic wash's on 25 micron drying piece. I will try and press it more this evening.

Should I just stick it all together put it in grease proof paper and roll with a boiling wine bottle?

Thanks.

Similar to my first few goes! My yield did improve with practice but the material has got to be reasonable quality.

When pressing for rosin different varieties give me anything from 10% return to 27% return so I'm assuming same for bubble. Better in,  better out. 

Ordering my kit this week. Have a C99 crop 3 weeks from chop and am considering freezing half to bubble and then press. Have been getting steady 25% returns from her.....

Can't advise on subsequent process as you are now ahead of me.

3 people like this

7 hours ago, growinggold said:

Should I just stick it all together put it in grease proof paper and roll with a boiling wine bottle?

I use clingfilm, a bit of warmth and a lump hammer. Ok it comes out like a big flat disc but i'm ok with that :)

2 people like this

11 hours ago, growinggold said:

Did my first attempt at using the bubble bags last night, little disappointed tbh. It took 3 hours on my own and it was right struggle if I'm honest. Back breaking hard work, an extra set of hands would be so much easier. Granted I did use my first ever low grade harvest and couple jars popcorn from several different plants. I had time to do two wash's and I poured the water down the bath it was still golden and had more thc in which I could've washed again I think. So wasted material there :( plus the yield was pretty wankk tbh. Anyway I'll chalk this down as learning experience. If I do this again I will make sure to have ton of frozen trim next time and not just only one jar of shit low grade bud. I will also make sure I have a helper. Holding and trying to scrap the bubble off alone is to hard. Frenchy makes it look seriously easy and it just isn't imo. Props to that gut a true master of the art. 

I've left little bubble I do have from my two basic wash's on 25 micron drying piece. I will try and press it more this evening.

Thanks.

Yeah that’s why I just got a portable washing machine, you can do more runs and they are more effective as you are getting less contaminant than the manual method, using a hose with a sprayer on flat setting was a big help too I found for washing the resin and the bags. I get the missus to help, as you say it’s a lot for one person and extra pair of hands is invaluable imho.

Regarding pressing, I used both grease proof and a plastic bag like Frenchy this afternoon both worked well tbh and I rolled each μ for 10 mins each with boiling water in wine bottle 3 times. Pressing it into a lump an re-rolling each time.

I also noted that Frenchy isn’t a big proponent of freezing the material which was a relief to me as I’d just got mine jarred up and not frozen. I know Bubbleman is a big fan of freezing but I’m sure Frenchy has made a fuck load more hash than young Marcus :oldtoker:

3 people like this

I did another run of fresh frozen footloose today....

large.4644FCF9-E64C-405D-BBE0-D6428A612061.jpeglarge.B48BD3CC-0BDE-4DF8-9950-614E28D197D1.jpeglarge.6004EAD3-7374-4943-AFFE-23253E9B1478.jpeglarge.0BB9E145-8E24-48C3-BD43-F48D636C0B81.jpeg

It should finish the dry cycle in the freeze dryer sometime tomorrow afternoon, then I’ll pull it out, sieve it, bag it and press it on the rosin press. I’ll try to get some more pics when I do. :smoke:

19 people like this

@PureSmkr you man are living the dream !! Enjoy !

6 people like this

amazing that man :skin_up:

3 people like this

@PureSmkr that a serious bit kid buddy!

Love your work, can you show us more?

2 people like this

@growinggold Thanks, I did an overview of my process here:

Let me know if you have any specific questions or would like further details of any part of the process :yep: 

Edited by PureSmkr
7 people like this

Thanks bud I'll give a read on lunch. 

I weighed my first ever this morning.....

3g. Lol..

3 people like this

Next level skills!! :yep:  @PureSmkr you really can’t come close to the quality of Bubble hash you get from fresh frozen trim compared to dry trim...makes mine look like bread crumbs lol I’ve only come close to making this sort of quality hash myself once and that was using the fresh frozen trim from a hash plant..it literally comes out of the bags sticky so I can see why a freeze dryer is a great bit of kit for this method, and that was only using the leaf trim no buds. I don’t make fresh frozen in general because I’m a firm believer in the dry trimming of buds as I definitely think that wet trimming affects the quality of dried buds...so I obviously need to commit to a whole plant fresh frozen like yourself at some point :yes: definitely something to aspire to. Just out of interest what do you do with the leftover plant material, surely there would still be quite a lot of goodness left still trapped inside of the buds especially? Could it be freeze dried and then be re extracted from using a solvent?

Also some lovely looking dry sift you have there @uBercaMeL I’m a big fan myself so will be giving your method a go at some point :yep:

Great thread this with some brilliant Info & examples of hash making...keep it up everyone!

3 people like this