Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Zeo

A Little Help here please

Hey guys, i'm running into a bit of a problem , or so i think. 

First time growing autos. I have 2 Auto Diesel Haze growing. One has started to be real droopy with purple veins on the leaves and the leaf stems. The main stems are still green. 

The other one has green leaves , so i'm wondering where i'm going wrong. At first I thought i was over watering as I did start to get some fungus Gnats so i've been letting it dry out a little more before watering but the droop continues 

Set Up 

1x1x2m tent 

Lights 2 x SpiderFarmer SF2000s 18/6

Medium : Coco

Nutrients : Dutch Pro Auto Bloom A/B 30ml/10L , DP Explode 10ml/10L

Pot Size : 20L 

watering everyday/every other day depending on how dry the soil is ..... average watering 5Ltrs

Sorry if i've left anything out , i'm really stuff here ... 

oh heres some photos large.19e784bf-8107-4122-857d-fbcc7982a364-min.jpglarge.5362112c-d0ba-437d-8cd8-0f078ca034fc.jpglarge.7a7dffbc-ebea-4495-81a1-8eb09d03b020.jpglarge.b7a85884-af92-49c9-91f6-659e0c89803e.jpg  

root temps?

14 minutes ago, ratdog said:

root temps?

I’ll have to measure it... I have the AC infinity fan , it’s got auto temperature on , so the tent never goes below 21 and never goes above 27 .... 

out of interest what temperature should the roots be ? And it’s odd it’s only one plant 

Edited by Zeo

Just now, Zeo said:

I’ll have to measure it... I have the AC infinity fan , it’s got auto temperature on , so the tent never goes below 21 and never goes above 27 .... 

out of interest what temperature should the roots be ? 

if you don't have heating under the pots the roots could be well below 21 lights out and never recover, just a thought

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, ratdog said:

never recover

Although I agree it does look a lot like cold has caused it, I wouldn't say it will never recover. I know autos are quite fussy but they can bounce back with little issues going forward, especially the haze / sativa autos as you have a bit more time.

@Zeo Try to get something at the root area to get an accurate measurement at the coldest point of lights out. You may find that the soil is getting colder than you think. If this is the case you will need to try and do something about it ASAP as like ratdog has said they wont recover IF you dont fix the underlining problem pronto.

7 minutes ago, GreenVision said:

I wouldn't say it will never recover.

i meant without the heat, add heat and they will probably be fine, assuming that's the problem

Edited by ratdog
1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, GreenVision said:

Although I agree it does look a lot like cold has caused it, I wouldn't say it will never recover. I know autos are quite fussy but they can bounce back with little issues going forward, especially the haze / sativa autos as you have a bit more time.

@Zeo Try to get something at the root area to get an accurate measurement at the coldest point of lights out. You may find that the soil is getting colder than you think. If this is the case you will need to try and do something about it ASAP as like ratdog has said they wont recover IF you dont fix the underlining problem pronto.

3 minutes ago, ratdog said:

i meant without the heat, add heat and they will probably be fine

Awesome guys. I’m going to move the dehumidifier over to that side now. 

it all makes sense now. The dehumidifier which pumps out a bit of heat is next to the healthier plant and the air intake is on the side of the sick one. 

heat mat ordered to arrive tomorrow and I’ll move the dehumidifier over to that side for tonight . See if that helps 

1 person likes this

Hi guys. 
thank you to @ratdog and @GreenVision for the advice. Heat mat arrived today and after moving the dehumidifier over to that side, along with a 21c water temp feed , she’s already looking a lot happier... 

I think it was almost definitely cold roots. 

I was wondering if anyone knew the best coco soil temperature to keep them at ? I’m now worried keeping the heat mat on all the time might make the soil too warm for her ? 

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Hi guys. 
thank you to @ratdog and @GreenVision for the advice. Heat mat arrived today and after moving the dehumidifier over to that side, along with a 21c water temp feed , she’s already looking a lot happier... 

I think it was almost definitely cold roots. 

I was wondering if anyone knew the best coco soil temperature to keep them at ? I’m now worried keeping the heat mat on all the time might make the soil too warm for her ? 

The heat mats thermostat controls the temperature, you will need to place the probe near the root zone on on of your plants Then set your control temp to 23c. Your heat mat will regulate soil temp at that.