Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Northeastrobie

Sorry another spider mite one

28 posts in this topic

Hi sorry for another spider mite question  (I know theres lots cant seem to find what I need) 

I'm very late in flower and have a major spider mite problem, my fault I should have noticed by now but the tents been running cold till about 2 weeks ago now I've sorted the temps the little feckers have exploded in population size! With it being so late in flower I bought some lady birds (pile of crap do not waste your money!) Anyway I've got a couple of weeks left before harvest any info on something I could use that wont kill my smoke is much apriciated. 

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry forgot to mention I had spider mites a couple of years back In late veg and used b.a.c plant vitality and it worked great wasnt sure if any one has used it very late in flower? Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post

Try hot shotz pest strip.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

If your near the finish just hoover the fuckers off everyday.

 

Bout the best you can hope for really. Pita I know but you really don't wanna use chems late on.

 

Make sure you bomb fuck outta your room before you restart too :yep:

 

:yinyang:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Dodgee said:

If your near the finish just hoover the fuckers off everyday.

 

Bout the best you can hope for really. Pita I know but you really don't wanna use chems late on.

 

Make sure you bomb fuck outta your room before you restart too :yep:

 

:yinyang:

I think the bud will be to spidermitey to smoke by the end this rate lol.

Amazing how many webs have formed in 3 days! 

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Northeastrobie said:

I think the bud will be to spidermitey to smoke by the end this rate lol.

Amazing how many webs have formed in 3 days! 

Serious bro get the Hoover/vacuum on em, sucks of the webs/eggs/mites and really slows them down

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Northeastrobie said:

I think the bud will be to spidermitey to smoke by the end this rate lol.

Amazing how many webs have formed in 3 days! 

 

Try hoovering them off with the brush attachment and then spraying all the buds with water and rubbing lightly. Keep the temps low and a fan on constantly and that should slow them down a bit.

 

As long as the plant is still photosynthesising then you should be ok but if most the leaves are totally damaged and shrivelled up then it's time to chop.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, howler01 said:

 

Try hoovering them off with the brush attachment and then spraying all the buds with water and rubbing lightly. Keep the temps low and a fan on constantly and that should slow them down a bit.

 

As long as the plant is still photosynthesising then you should be ok but if most the leaves are totally damaged and shrivelled up then it's time to chop.

They are right in the buds now, was a little webbing 3 days ago looks like a spinsters knickers now! I'll give it ago thanks matey, just gave them a blast with canna cure might not be to effective but I hope it pisses them off haha

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Northeastrobie said:

just gave them a blast with canna cure

 

That will kill most of em no doubt. You have to re apply after 3 or 4 days when the new eggs hatch. I've used it in before late flower and it didn't seem to fuck anything up. Lot of folk don't recommend spraying anything on your buds in flower though.

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, HippyHair said:

Try hot shotz pest strip.

Sorry just seen this, I'll have a look thanks pal 

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, howler01 said:

 

That will kill most of em no doubt. You have to re apply after 3 or 4 days when the new eggs hatch. I've used it in before late flower and it didn't seem to fuck anything up. Lot of folk don't recommend spraying anything on your buds in flower though.

 

 

I think it's because alot of pesticides can leave chemicals, and the safe ones are damp and can cause mould in the last stage but in honesty I think I'll loose the crop the rate the little bastards are breeding so nout much to loose.......(you'll see me posting a how to stop mould in drying process soon haha) 

Share this post


Link to post

That plant vitality is evil stuff man it has some real bad shit in it that you don't want to come in contact with, if you do use it I would be wearing disposable clothes mask and gloves but certainly wouldn't be using in flower. I would be going with the hoover method suggested above.

 

atb

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

I'd hoover the webs off and put a mh bulb in to finish your plants off, ime the borg don't like it too much.

 

Edited by MK11
2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, golf.007 said:

That plant vitality is evil stuff man it has some real bad shit in it that you don't want to come in contact with, if you do use it I would be wearing disposable clothes mask and gloves but certainly wouldn't be using in flower. I would be going with the hoover method suggested above.

 

atb

Is the b.a.c plant vitality stuff no good mate? It says it's biodegradable and none toxic also no protective clothing necessary? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, MK11 said:

I'd hoover the webs off and put a mh bulb in to finish your plants off, ime the borg don't like it too much.

 

I've got a metal haliyde in there now mate. I blasted all the webs off yesterday so hopefully that will slow the little shots down some 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now