Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BigGriffWok

Nutrient Issue, Very Very Frustrating! Help...

18 posts in this topic

Hello fellow growers!` So i have a very frustrating problem and not sure how to fix it. So awhile back i had a cal mag def, so added cal mag to an ec of 0.4 as required, this worked sort of, as the plant has gotten older and bigger (still in veg) i gave more nutes as expected, she gets 10ml A and 10ML B of canna, 2.5ml of silicone, 10ml of rhizo, 4ml cal mag. This is good, but i kept noticing a nitrogen toxicity with this mix, then i noticed the NPK of the cal mag was 2-0-0 which is nitrogen, so i backed off the cal mag and gave it 2ml of cal mag, this helped with the nitrogen toxicity but now have a cal def! So stuck in a catch 22 here... temps are 29 with lights on, 25 lights off, i heard the higher temps cause her to drink more and use more nitrogen, could this be the issue?  Thanks.

Edited by Owderb
Moved out of NEW MEMBERS FORUM

try epsom salts ? ... there is some info in here somewhere, no nitrogen content in that :) 

1 person likes this

first up, I presume this is in coco. the amounts given are to what, a litre ?

what is the EC reading, it sounds like you are over feeding them. 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

first up, I presume this is in coco. the amounts given are to what, a litre ?

what is the EC reading, it sounds like you are over feeding them. 

My bad, in coco, thats to 5 litres of water.

whats the EC and what stage are the plants at, how many weeks veg/bloom please.

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

whats the EC and what stage are the plants at, how many weeks veg/bloom please.

large.frhfhf.jpg

5.5 weeks in veg, ec of 1.3

the lower leaves have a mag cal def, and you can see the nitrogen tox, I add more cal mag, it stops the cal mag def, but then i get an N tox

Edited by BigGriffWok
1 person likes this

What size pot and how often are they getting 5L dude? 

1 person likes this

I'd leave the silicon out and the cal/mag and just use A+B at an ec of 1.3

Owd

3 people like this

Just now, Owderb said:

I'd leave the silicon out and the cal/mag and just use A+B at an ec of 1.3

Owd

Yeah i tried this dude, my water has an EC of 0.0! SUPER SOFT! hence the use of cal mag... But even so, im assuming your a more experienced grower so ill take any advice thrown at me. So with that info, whats your advice.

3 minutes ago, FatBoy77 said:

What size pot and how often are they getting 5L dude? 

25 litre pots, and i water when the pot is "light" i never over water! And it drinks water like crazy so i know its got a mad root system. And yes, i allow 20% run off at least.

Edited by BigGriffWok
1 person likes this

i would be watering it every day or so, allow at least 10% runoff, it will help prevent salts build up

1 person likes this

1. I had a problem for a while I could not put my finger on , I did a couple of grows with coco and the problem got worse, when I looked it up coco needs lots of calcium and some Mg, I went back to soil and worked on it, I now have it under control I add dolomite lime to the soil and I use  cal/mag and soft water nutes and it sure needed all 3.
1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, hash72 said:
  1. I had a problem for a while I could not put my finger on , I did a couple of grows with coco and the problem got worse, when I looked it up coco needs lots of calcium and some Mg, I went back to soil and worked on it, I now have it under control I add dolomite lime to the soil and I use  cal/mag and soft water nutes and it sure needed all 3.

Its a damn nightmare this cal mag shit, can never seem to shake the cal mag def. Tried all sorts and now im at a point where i just dont know what to do about it.

1 person likes this

I myself cannot see a cal/mag issue in that photo or a Nitrogen excess

A calmag issue normally starts at the top of the plant, with yellow spots, necrotic patches, and dry crispy leaves

Owd

1 person likes this

Just now, Owderb said:

I myself cannot see a cal/mag issue in that photo or a Nitrogen excess

A calmag issue normally starts at the top of the plant, with yellow spots, necrotic patches, and dry crispy leaves

Owd

If you give me a second mate ill get you a close up updated photos of the plant so you can see, youll see the cal and mag def and N tox.