Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Herbal-Kid

Frisian dew?

HI, i used to lurk around this forum about 10 years ago, Received an amazing amount of knowledge and help on here. I haven't done a thing for a number of years now probably around the time i was lurking on here... Im thinking of starting again hence why ive rejoined the forum, and my question is does anybody still grow frisian dew? that was my lost grow and did rather well, over 7oz on the biggest plant if i remember correctly. I done 5 lost 3 two mites early on and 2 survived 1 purple pheno and one green. Also whats your'e recommendations for strains for the outdoors these days?  

Many thanks, Herbal-Kid

2 people like this

Frisian dew is a pretty solid big yielder.. or at least was when I did it.... but there's a lot of tasty stuff about now days as you say.. 

this is a good place to look for ideas..

also this is a good place to look

https://www.realgorillaseeds.com/ you will find many of the plants in the above link here

sweet seeds have some nice fast versions.. tasty stuff like cream mandarin.. 

another link .. I see some nice pics from these season gone 

Edited by RandyBoBandy
10 people like this

@Herbal-Kid 1stly welcome back 2ndly as suggested look into the gorillea plat of the year thread as suggested. Im not sure if real gorilla seeds were about when you was last lurking on here ?? But worth checking them out and speaking too @panik see what they recommend for your lat.  Id imagen alot such as genetics etc has advanced in the last ten year so worth checking out a few varriets have a read of some old threads and go from there. All the best

2 people like this

So many better strains than FD . It's a mold magnet anyway 

3 people like this

9 hours ago, RandyBoBandy said:

Frisian dew is a pretty solid big yielder.. or at least was when I did it.... but there's a lot of tasty stuff about now days as you say.. 

this is a good place to look for ideas..

also this is a good place to look

https://www.realgorillaseeds.com/ you will find many of the plants in the above link here

sweet seeds have some nice fast versions.. tasty stuff like cream mandarin.. 

another link .. I see some nice pics from these season gone 

Thanks i will check these links, its the fellas from Gorilla seeds thats had my mind blown and want to get back into it. Watched there youtube video's few months back cant get them.out of my head lol...  i have been on there site and had a quick look but ill defo research this forum a lot again in next couple of weeks

Many thanks 

8 hours ago, bubbleguppie said:

@Herbal-Kid 1stly welcome back 2ndly as suggested look into the gorillea plat of the year thread as suggested. Im not sure if real gorilla seeds were about when you was last lurking on here ?? But worth checking them out and speaking too @panik see what they recommend for your lat.  Id imagen alot such as genetics etc has advanced in the last ten year so worth checking out a few varriets have a read of some old threads and go from there. All the best

Thank you, its great to be back and starting on some prep work. No i dont believe they were, i will 100% be checking the old threads to see how things have come along from what i have glanced at quickly thing have improved greatly :)

5 hours ago, Tommy tucker said:

Yes things have improved since the FD i will have to research into the new strains 

6 hours ago, Tommy tucker said:

Frisian mildew. 

2 people like this

Sooo many new strains that are worth growing. Check the link above about last year's favourites. Most ppl seem to go with sweet seeds and real gorilla seeds for photo period plants. Finishing times are now as early as end of aug/ begging of sept. Autos are more wide spread, ppl seem to rate dinafem but I'm going with fast buds, sweet seeds and rgsc. Either way, any strains from the above link should perform well.

Welcome back. 

Peace

4 people like this

Thanks OCB. Iv'e had a better look at the gorilla seeds, im at lat 53° so late finishers could be a problem for me. Im gonna get a few mighty gold and some fast diesel also got get a handfull mixture of autos on the go aswell but ill have a better look at them strains later on. 

Thanks, Herbal-Kid

3 people like this

I have grown out Frisian Dew. The green pheno is great, very nice smoke, but the purple is a dull, cold stone, hardly worth even finishing. Neither were particularly good yielders.

2 people like this

On 16/01/2020 at 6:30 PM, Herbal-Kid said:

Thanks OCB. Iv'e had a better look at the gorilla seeds, im at lat 53° so late finishers could be a problem for me. Im gonna get a few mighty gold and some fast diesel also got get a handfull mixture of autos on the go aswell but ill have a better look at them strains later on. 

Thanks, Herbal-Kid

Sounds good. I've grown both of those before and they will both perform well for you.. I've grown quite a few of their fem photoperiod strains (other than the new ones) and my recommendation would be D.F.G. She is early, lemony and yields great.. They all yield well tbh, I got 6.5oz from my smallest dfg and about 8oz from my best fast deisel. (Out of 2) variety is the spice of life!

Peace

2 people like this

19 hours ago, ocb said:

Sounds good. I've grown both of those before and they will both perform well for you.. I've grown quite a few of their fem photoperiod strains (other than the new ones) and my recommendation would be D.F.G. She is early, lemony and yields great.. They all yield well tbh, I got 6.5oz from my smallest dfg and about 8oz from my best fast deisel. (Out of 2) variety is the spice of life!

Peace

Gonna be ordering over the weekend get them ready till i sprout them. Ive had a look over at the dinafem site too, couple of tasty looking strains there i might try aswell... And been doing plenty of prep work ready too im keen to get things going :)