Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bng02020

Help with LED Lights

Hi Guys and Girls, Newbie here. I need help with choosing the right LED lights for my grow room it's 80 x 80 x 180. Hoping to hold 2-3 plants through seed, veg, and bloom. I've been looking at the Mars and Philzon on Amazon. (Unless someone can suggest a better make on Amazon). My budget is pretty tight - up to £200. Can someone help me with the correct wattage, please?

Many thanks

:)

@Bng02020

Try DIYLEDUK. 

4 people like this

@diyleduk. He is the man. Scope V2 275w should be perfect. 

1 person likes this

I'd check out DIYLEDUK, you can get your lights custom made and still walk away with change compared to the more expensive LEDs out there.

Tell them what size you have and you'll have an LED which is guaranteed for the next three years. Being UK based and a site sponsor, I'm sure the guarantee is rock solid. 

Only had one crop with my 440W LED the 'Scope'. Now there are updated versions with far red and UV and more besides!

The Leds which come in strips do put down light in a more equal fashion, unlike HPS or CMH the light is more diffused and evenly spread around your particular sized grow space.

You can get cheap as chips LEDs as all the old less efficient models are being sold off by the warehouse load. DIYLEDUK uses rated and well respected LEDs in all builds and can match or better the price charged by big companies. Because its a relatively small company the quality of the build is better than most. Nobody who has purchased one has turned up here to cry us a river. 

I'm not an LED convert just yet, but I did have three different lights going on in my grow so only rough estimations of yield. Watt for watt it matched any other light out there, quality wise, now I've had a chance to ponder it, the quality is fine. :mellow: 

In fact I will be using that LED to raise the next clones/seedlings, I can go with 220W for a week or so then put it on 440W and space the plants out.

2 people like this

Buying cheap LED's is like buying cheap tools. Your'll think they're working right for a bit then they'll break, meaning you will have to go an d buy the proper ones anyway.

Do try DIYLEDUK, your'll end up with some good quality solid equipment that actually works they way you want it to.

If your on a budget and cant afford these sorts of prices, don't get an LED, try CMH or failing that HPS, but I would strongly advise against those cheap copies on the Net.

Edited by GreenVision
5 people like this

1 hour ago, GreenVision said:

Buying cheap LED's is like buying cheap tools. Your'll think they're working right for a bit then they'll break, meaning you will have to go an d buy the proper ones anyway.

Do try DIYLEDUK, your'll end up with some good quality solid equipment that actually works they way you want it to.

If your on a budget and cant afford these sorts of prices, don't get an LED, try CMH or failing that HPS, but I would strongly advise against those cheap copies on the Net.

Buy cheap, pay twice. In my sixth decade I'm still trying to prove it wrong. :D 

Edited by catweazle1
3 people like this

Roger that. Thanks, guys. :)

Alright fella, I've got an Invisible Sun ish150 pro in my 1x1x1.8 tent, easily do 4 plants from seed to harvest. Know of a lot of people who rave about em. 159 quid all in, just wire up yourself or they'll do it for 15-20

Is DIYLEDUK a site sponsor?

Thank you, Violent Keith :)

(I'm a girl)

1 person likes this

Haha my mistake, i apologise  :wallbash: Yeh I have no complaints, dimmable driver 

It's cool, you weren't to know. :) I appreciate the recommendation, looks perfect for me :)

1 person likes this

HI violent Keith i have two tents a 60x60 and a 1mx1m .will this light be ok to use in both tents?..It states on their websight that the 150 is suitable for 70x70 space?

Hoping its not to much for the 60x60 and enough for the 1x1m?..This is my first attempt at LED growing so gonna try 1 auto in the 60x60 to start .

Edited by NuVista