Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

_Jamie_

Rhino filter

16 posts in this topic

Are rhino filters really as shit as everyone says they are? I have a brand new 8inch one in the box and my plants are starting to stink with my old filter which was used before I got it it was alright couldn’t smell it outside the room just a little whiff inside the room but now it’s starting to ponk outside the room so either need to buy a need one tomorrow or swap it out for this other filter i have only problem is it’s rhino and I’ve heard they’re not what they use to be

if you have had the spare rhino  for a few years it should be ok,

I think its just in the last couple of years they have gone downhill. 

if it was mine, id take it back to the shop you bought it from and get it changed for something that works, like a carboair or a mountain air.

Been crap for ages just see how full it is , loads have a huge gap when stood up.  

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, badbillybob said:

if you have had the spare rhino  for a few years it should be ok,

I think its just in the last couple of years they have gone downhill. 

if it was mine, id take it back to the shop you bought it from and get it changed for something that works, like a carboair or a mountain air.

It’s been in the box about 2 years, il try it tomorrow see if it’s any good overnight if not il take it back to shop see if they’ll swap it, I got it from greens will they change it even though it’s been 2 years that they don’t know but wouldn’t they want to see a receipt?

Edited by _Jamie_

Saying that everything ive bought in greens I’ve never got a receipt lmao 

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, Arthur Mix said:

Been crap for ages just see how full it is , loads have a huge gap when stood up.  

See how full it is? The carbon is like half full? How do I see this? 
Thanks

At the moment I have one of the short 8inch filters the one boxed is taller not sure on the difference between the 2? there both 8inch

I must of got lucky with my 6” rhino pro as I only got in just over a year ago before I heard all this on here about them going bad but it’s been absolutely fine even in high humidity but I definitely wouldn’t purchase another one it’s just not worth the risk!

Carbo air next for me I think!

:yep:

Got a 10inch rhino (filter :unsure:

Still going strong 4 years later, got it one year old off a pal too. 

1 person likes this

Hopefully it will be ok then as it’s been sat in the box for about 2years maybe even longer than that ? 3years come to think of it I’ll give a go tomorrow 

problem is if I take it back to greens and they swap it they only stock rhino filters looking at there website the other filter they have is CAN inline filters which is totally different looking the pictures both ends of the filter are open

large.AE8514E5-3085-4DC2-92DF-6A3B267B61A9.jpeg

should be no see through gaps

2 people like this

Just now, Arthur Mix said:

large.AE8514E5-3085-4DC2-92DF-6A3B267B61A9.jpeg

should be no see through gaps

Oh ok I see yea that’s weird wouldn’t expect a filter to be like that lol surely the stink will get out of there? Il check mine tomorrow 

I bought a Rhino pro from local shop, half way into flowering started to stink spare room out, was a waste of money swapped to a carboair been fine currently flowering on second grow not a hint of smell gets out 

There is a small Rhino ,a shorter type and apparently they don't last so long . If you shake it up ,and it helps to filter the scent then it has done it's job . I got about two years out of a cheapo ebay filter ,and it was oversized and over specified but I'm again using a big rhino in a tiny space ,with an extract fan on a low setting and I think or hope it has many years left . 

On 14/01/2020 at 8:01 PM, Jay1601 said:

I bought a Rhino pro from local shop, half way into flowering started to stink spare room out, was a waste of money swapped to a carboair been fine currently flowering on second grow not a hint of smell gets out 

They let you take it back and swap yea? Problem is I use greens and I don’t think they stock any others, so far it’s been fine hopefully will see me through a grow or two