Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aslan

Anyone home for some advice?

28 posts in this topic

Love this style of growing. Is anyone around for help? 

Aslan. 

Share this post


Link to post

@Aslan What help do you need?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Larry Badgeley said:

@Aslan What help do you need?

In the words or Arnie, "Ill be back"! 

Share this post


Link to post

This is confusing and misleading mate whats the thread about?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

time travel

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks you all for your replies, and i apologise for the cryptic response.  I was having 3 conversations at once-all with the ladies in my life. For those that children and a wife, you'll understand where im coming from!!

 

During a clearout of the workshop, i stumbled across this chest that i want to convert into a growbox.  Having spent time researching this, i think it's possible to grow the 30 or so grams that i need monthly.

 

The internal dimensions are:

61cms tall

38cms wide

25cms deep. 

 

This box would be grown inside the house and im on a DIY budget.  Im fairly handy on the tools, but when it comes to electrics, i'm still betamax man! large.20200105_141758.jpglarge.20200105_141722.jpg

 

After treatment for woodworm etc, I think it'll do for a small grow. 

 

Was thinking of lighting it with these?

 

 

large.5e122fefc209c_Screenshot_20200105-154032_AmazonShopping.jpglarge.5e122ff7dd7cf_Screenshot_20200105-154151_AmazonShopping.jpg

 

So i would need your advice on these.  If these aint powerful enough to support 2 or 3 plants, i propose using a 150w CFL.

 

The next concern is ventilation.  I did explore the possibility of using PC fans, but being a duffer in this area, i have no idea how to wire them up. 

 

what would learned folks here suggest?  

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

Going to be tight mate 61cm in height i mean once you put a filter in there you will have no height left really

i mean if you put a 100mm filter and fan and then your lights you will have about 400mm to grow your plants

 

Edited by cannaboy_420
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

If your only doing 1 plant get yourself a small tent? Can pick on up for £30-40 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, cannaboy_420 said:

Going to be tight mate 61cm in height i mean once you put a filter in there you will have no height left really

i mean if you put a 100mm filter and fan and then your lights you will have about 400mm to grow your plants

 

Yeah thanks mate. The filter would be inside and id have the neck of it poking up through the top and have the fan mounted externally. I was thinking of using usb strip lighting? 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, _Jamie_ said:

If your only doing 1 plant get yourself a small tent? Can pick on up for £30-40 

Thanks mate, but its shipping thats the problem. It HAS to go through customs to get here.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Aslan said:

Yeah thanks mate. The filter would be inside and id have the neck of it poking up through the top and have the fan mounted externally. I was thinking of using usb strip lighting? 

Wont be easy mate, get yourself a small grow tent you can pick them up for cheap nowadays, if your going to do a grow you might aswel give yourself half a chance of getting something nice out of it 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Aslan said:

Thanks mate, but its shipping thats the problem. It HAS to go through customs to get here.

Why were are you to? And it will be fine going through customs could be for anything it’s only a tent mate your allowed them

Share this post


Link to post

You can have the fan and filter outside the box.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Aslan said:

Thanks mate, but its shipping thats the problem. It HAS to go through customs to get here.

 

I just bought a 60x60x140 for 45 I wouldn't bother converting that box to be honest its going to be more ag than its worth imo you'll be better off getting a tent but if your on a budget that tight I would just hold off till you can get better gear mate them lights won't produce anything worth the time and effort 5W a tube, id just get the 60x60 and put a Mars TS600 in there or if you have funds and want something a bit better then go to diyled.

 

If you go through 30g monthly its going to take you say 2 1/2 or so months to get your first crop off go that's going to be about 80g you'll need to grow to last you each run.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, UKsFinest said:

 

I just bought a 60x60x140 for 45 I wouldn't bother converting that box to be honest its going to be more ag than its worth imo you'll be better off getting a tent but if your on a budget that tight I would just hold off till you can get better gear mate them lights won't produce anything worth the time and effort 5W a tube, id just get the 60x60 and put a Mars TS600 in there or if you have funds and want something a bit better then go to diyled.

 

If you go through 30g monthly its going to take you say 2 1/2 or so months to get your first crop off go that's going to be about 80g you'll need to grow to last you each run.

Very good point. Thanks mate.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0