Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mambo1986

Temperature Really need some advice

Yo Guys,

Please could i get some help. I have just set everything up my equipment is as follows:

1.2x1.2x2m tent

4" extractor 110m3 and carbon filter

sf4000 led actual wattage 450w

9 inch normal clip fan

coco coir grow

so basically once i have set everything up with no plants (yet) i have placed the led 18inches above my thermometer and everything is cool except i have noticed that the temperature peaks at 32 celsius. Having read online information keeps saying ideal 26 celsius ish. My ambient temperature in the room the grow tent is in is about 22 celsius and i have about 2.5 meters of ducting from the carbon filter to the extractor which i have placed on the outside window. Unfortunately atm i really cant afford to upgrade to a 6inch extractor if thats the solution. Really i guess im asking can i get away with this temperature 32 celsius. I guess also once plants are in the room and there is additional humidity will the temps lower. Sorry if this hasnt come across correctly.

Addionally i have a Co2 Exhale bag i plan to use once the plants are in situ online information says that you can tolterate slightly higher temps if you are suplementing CO2 in the grow environment.

Thanks guys really you have been invaluable :)

32 is definitely too hot. If you don't have problems from heat stress you will have a loss of potency and smell. 

Could you get a cheap intake fan to also have coming in from the window? And you haven't mentioned circulation - are you using fans to prevent hot spots? If you have them blowing over the canopy that will help. 

Unfortunately when you read about plants dealing with heat better the CO2 concentrations are significantly higher than when using an exhale bag :( 

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed
1 person likes this

a 4" fan is far to small for that size tent mate, i use a 1.2x1.2x2.2 tent with a 6" fan and tbh i would actually prefer the 8", the 6" is fine for that size tent but it's during the summer it runs at full speed trying to keep the temps down so if you can afford it go with the 8" fan and a decent fan controller and if not then you need at least a 6" fan for that size tent.

1 person likes this

Forget the c02 mate only works in sealed environments. Silica helps plants cope with stresses such as heat, but 32 is pretty bad mate I wouldn't want to say it's ok to be honest as above. Is the light dimmable?  And is at the top of the tent? 

I did a grow with similar spec fan and id be lying if I said it went well plants suffered throughout and 1 hermie out of 2 plants. I upgraded to 800m3 fan 6" never had a problem since.

Edited by Asterion
1 person likes this

As above, bigger fan and ideally a controller to deal with those temps.  Poor plants are going to cook.  And forget the Exhale bag if you're exchanging air as it just gets sucked straight out of the tent with zero positive effect to the plants.

To get you through this grow with minimal extra expense, my advice would be to get yourself a much smaller tent and use the equipment you've already got.  Your fan should cope with a 60 x 60 just fine...  Might need to dim the light though.

Edited by JJJ

Them clip on fans aint the best by far but have you tried directing it at the led to even the heat out ? Can you not highten a led light  or turn it down or summin? Less watts less heat.  If its still too hot and your extractor is on full then yh you need a bigger more powerful extractor and circulation.

I'd say a bigger fan and a controller for that space. I'm in a much smaller tent and I ditched the 4" almost straight away and went to 5". Even with 5" I have the controller running the fan at 50% to keep temps at 26/27.

Was a bit of a pain in the ass as I had to buy bigger ducting, bigger filter to go with the new fan but worth it in the long run o better control temps.

Posted (edited)

32 at canopy and 22 ambient?

Is your thermometer at canopy level covered up? Or is the light just shining straight on to it?

if you have a fan blowing at your light constantly and a fan blowing between your light and top of plants it should be ok

read your post wrong ignore this lol

Edited by _Jamie_