Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lee1089

THRIPS

Easy guys,

ok so.... noticed a few thrips knocking about on my new cuttings last week  So went and bought a spray from b&q as it’s all I had access too at that point and thought sooner the better! Anyways that burnt the leaves a little.(I’m guessing coz plant was so young?)  so now  a week or so on plant has recovered but there still there!  I  Have some pyrethrum 5ec but I’m a little concerned about using it as the last stuff burnt them. Any one know if it’s safe to use on younger plants? I’ve used the stuff before but on more matured plants with no issues.    Any info appreciated. Thanks guys! 

Share this post


Link to post

Make a weaker solution and dunk the whole plants in if you can...

 

Thrips are little buggers but are beatable...plenty of info in this section mate...roll a smoke make a brew and fill your boots :) 

 

Farmer G 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, FARMER G said:

Make a weaker solution and dunk the whole plants in if you can...

 

Thrips are little buggers but are beatable...plenty of info in this section mate...roll a smoke make a brew and fill your boots :) 

 

Farmer G 

Haha cheers bro. Ye I’ve had thrips many times before but not this early on. 
Just lost a crop to dreaded mites. So trying to keep this one squeaky clean. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Lee1089 said:

Haha cheers bro. Ye I’ve had thrips many times before but not this early on. 
Just lost a crop to dreaded mites. So trying to keep this one squeaky clean. 

 

 

When you take clones treat the donating plant about two weeks prior. I have only had mites once in many moons, but I've had Thrips more than a few times. If you treat mother / donor plants two weeks prior you can use softer prevention products rather than full on eradication products on those clones.

 

If you still have issues once the plants are full on rooted etc give Provado Ultimate Bug Killer a go. Its not nice stuff and cant be used in bloom, and some will say its toxic etc, but it will kill Thrips outright. Over 4 weeks you can use it 3 times, no Thrips have ever survived when I've used it. It's not expensive and you can buy it ready mixed from most places, even Wilko usually sell it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, GreenVision said:

 

 

When you take clones treat the donating plant about two weeks prior. I have only had mites once in many moons, but I've had Thrips more than a few times. If you treat mother / donor plants two weeks prior you can use softer prevention products rather than full on eradication products on those clones.

 

If you still have issues once the plants are full on rooted etc give Provado Ultimate Bug Killer a go. Its not nice stuff and cant be used in bloom, and some will say its toxic etc, but it will kill Thrips outright. Over 4 weeks you can use it 3 times, no Thrips have ever survived when I've used it. It's not expensive and you can buy it ready mixed from most places, even Wilko usually sell it.

 

Nice one bro. Funnily enough I seen that stuff in bnq but ended up buying a different product. 
 

it’s first time if had spidermite. And I hope it’s the last there indestructible little fkers ay! 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0