Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BigGriffWok

Again, sick plant after transplant. never easy is it, help needed!

41 posts in this topic

If you go over the top with nutes the new growth will get burnt tips.

It looks fairly healthy, but should be a darker shade of green.

Your only giving them 0.6ml per litre of base nutes, I also use canna coco and generally start with about 1.2ml per litre when they are seedlings and work up from there. 

Personally based on the size of your plant, I'd start feeding them 2ml/litre and see how they get on :yep:

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Owderb said:

Next time mate drop all additives and just go straight coco

At the stage your plants look you want to be feeding at 2ml/ltr of coco A+B and a bit of root stim at around 20 degrees. Not straight from the tap

Owd

So just drop the cal mag out, and go with straight coco A & B? 10ml of each seems a lot for a plant so small though right? 14 days ago i did a mix of 6ml a and 6ml b and it burnt the tips of my plant, lads on here said to reduce it massively to 3ml of each, 10 of each seems like a hell of a lot.

4 minutes ago, seb88 said:

If you go over the top with nutes the new growth will get burnt tips.

It looks fairly healthy, but should be a darker shade of green.

Your only giving them 0.6ml per litre of base nutes, I also use canna coco and generally start with about 1.2ml per litre when they are seedlings and work up from there. 

Personally based on the size of your plant, I'd start feeding them 2ml/litre and see how they get on :yep:

Really? 2ml per litre of A and 2ml per litre of B? just from all the info ive been getting and seeing it seems like overkill, i used 4ml litre a and b on some 10 day old seedling and it burned the living shit out of the tips....?

Yep 2ml/litre of each. Keep using the calmag if your tap water is 0.0EC

4ml/litre will burn a seedling, that's the max concentration canna ever recommend and I never use that much at any point in a grow.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, seb88 said:

Yep 2ml/litre of each. Keep using the calmag if your tap water is 0.0EC

4ml/litre will burn a seedling, that's the max concentration canna ever recommend and I never use that much at any point in a grow.

lol sorry mate, forgot to add that the 4ml a and b was to 5 litres of water. And it still burnt the shit out of the tips.

Edited by BigGriffWok
1 person likes this

Ive got seedlings 5" tall in 3" pots of coco on 2ml/ltr of Canna Coco A+B at the moment and it gives me an ec of 1.1

I never feed Cal Mag unless they show signs of needing it

If in a really soft water area its advisable to charge you coco with a feed of Cal Mag before you even plant

Owd

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Owderb said:

Ive got seedlings 5" tall in 3" pots of coco on 2ml/ltr of Canna Coco A+B at the moment and it gives me an ec of 1.1

I never feed Cal Mag unless they show signs of needing it

If in a really soft water area its advisable to charge you coco with a feed of Cal Mag before you even plant

Owd

My tap water is 0.0 ec, so yeah super soft water. what? 2ml a and b for seedlings? shit the bed! Why is it when i gave 4ml a and b to 5 litres of water it burn the shit out of the tips then??

Maybe test the ph of your feed after you've added everything

Owd

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Owderb said:

Maybe test the ph of your feed after you've added everything

Owd

This is ALWAYS my last step, i add all feed first, mix it all up, then wait 30 mins, then i ph it. I tested it 1 hour ago and its at 5.9

You can't have burnt the seedlings through overfeeding, something else must have caused it.

For mixing feed I like to:

Fill bucket / reservoir with tap water

Let it sit 24 hours for chlorine to dissolve and warm up to room temp (20degC)

3 hours before feed I run a pump in the water (that ripples the surface) to let oxygen build up

Mix in any calmag (if required)

Mix in A

Mix in B

pH to 5.8

Feed

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, seb88 said:

You can't have burnt the seedlings through overfeeding, something else must have caused it.

3 hours before feed I run a pump in the water (that ripples the surface) to let oxygen build up

Mix in A

Mix in B

pH to 5.8

Feed

Mate they got burnt through less feeding than yours, could be the strain... i dont know, but i almost killed my seedlings from feeding them, and everyone ive spoke to on here apart from you says not to feed them for 10 days. Just a bit of cal mag if the water EC is low.

I very much doubt it since you've been underfeeding them. I'd guess you've had some deficiency if anything.

It sounds like you've had bad advice because you should never stop feeding in coco for 10 days....

You've asked on here for help so I've tried to give it. Whether you take it on board or not is upto you.

2 people like this

9 minutes ago, seb88 said:

I very much doubt it since you've been underfeeding them. I'd guess you've had some deficiency if anything.

It sounds like you've had bad advice because you should never stop feeding in coco for 10 days....

You've asked on here for help so I've tried to give it. Whether you take it on board or not is upto you.

Yeah i totally agree with what your saying i just didnt expect someone to come along and say feed huge amounts of feed given my experience of burning my plants with just under half the dose your advising me to give. Its a little scary to say  the least after the time and effort. But ill try give my plant that dose on the next feed and see how it reacts.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, seb88 said:

Mix in A

Mix in B

pH to 5.8

Feed

Mr seb, I will go with this method and also the feed amounts you suggested. My seedlings are very young only 7 days old. I will take photos before and after and give you some updates to see how they have responded, if it works for you, it must work for me too. 

2 people like this

large.image0.jpglarge.image1.jpglarge.image2.jpglarge.image3.jpglarge.image4.jpglarge.image5.jpglarge.image6.jpg

So due to the fact we thought it could be not enough nutes, i gave it a foliar feed with 3.5ml A and 3.5ml B, 10ml rhizo, usual 0.4EC of cal mag. All to 5 litres of water, at 22c water temp left for 24 hours. And now 20 hours later she looks like this, leaves folding under, some tips clawing, mostly on the old leaves, nothing on the new growth i dont think. Im literally at my wits end here! Any help and advice would be appreciate for the cause. Dont want to lose my baby!

Oh theres also purpling of the stems too...

But it has defintely grown since the transplant, if you look on page 1 from the second photo where it looks light green, and these new photos, you can clearly see within 2 days the new growth has defintely grown. Im so confused.

Edited by BigGriffWok